Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens (20612 Views)

Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-bond For UK Citizens / Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa Bond For UK Citizens / Nigerians Begin Payment Of £3,000 Bond For UK Tourist VISA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Sijo01(f): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2013
Two can play the game!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Capnd143(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2013
I think the should impose heavier taxes on uk companies, and probably ban some UK products like drugs from being imported on pretext of being laced with toxins, or one hell complicated story that will put pressure on their manufacturers, the manufacturers would inturn put pressure on their govt, who will inturn mount pressure on oga Gej, with a nice bergaining chip mr of foreign affairs can easily make the brits strike out their hideous plans. Cased closed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 15, 2013
undecided sad embarassed cry

So I no go enter Uk go charge my blackberry again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2013
New Alfa: This is useless and won't hurt UK.

If they want to really, retaliate, they may have to start imposing special trade tax on uk companies trading in Nigeria. Like BP. That will make them squirm. But with all these corrupt 2 naira officials, I can keep dreaming.

Which BP are you talking about. The same one that left naija centuries ago? BP has a minimal/no presence in naija.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by sobaemma(m): 10:40am On Aug 15, 2013
Prinze Elly: .
its not a matter of rejection is already happening,who will believe back then that the south africans we were donating funds from our own purse,helping them because of the apartheld will be economically bigger and more developed than us now,i guess if it were then u will say i reject it,but its real,to me cameroon is too big if kenya can deport us,wot do we dosome sort of childish grounding of plane and rubbish,our leaders failed to get challenge but reciprocate in a childish amusing way,look at uk and the visa bond issue now,wot do nigeria leaders ve in mind5000 bond too,lol,its painful,still our senators eats more than 50m a month?mark my word very soon nigerians will start rembering mali how they sent troops to help them in the next 5 years,WHEN will MY LEADERS LEARN THAT PERSONAL WEALTH DONT COUNT ANYMORE IN THE WORLD,UR COUNTRY PERFORMANCE COUNTS

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by unmask: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2013
senseless country as usual....a visa bond wants to be imposed on you because your citizens abuse their stay(plausible reason)....you want to impose a visa bond on them because they did the same to you(senseless).....if you really want to retaliate make your country such that the british would clamour to come here anything other than that you are just making fools of yourself.....ten thousand brits in naija, 2 million nigerians in britain and you talking of retaliation.....please where did we get this clowns in government?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Noraokon: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2013
kudos to the Nigerian Government. they really deserve applause for this. what is good for Bala is good for Bulus too.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Philipmems(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2013
tits for tats grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by sobaemma(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2013
Nora okon: kudos to the Nigerian Government. they really deserve applause for this. what is good for Bala is good for Bulus too.
absoleute senseless comment

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by IYANGBALI: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2013
Emmyk: Nice one. But wait. How many UK citizens do we have in Nigeria, to start with? undecided .
I wonder o
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2013
Like every other country, Nigerian citizens were allowed in and out of the UK for decades, without a bond.

Sadly (as with most other opportunities), Nigerians messed up this one by overstaying their visits and abusing their visas, constituting a blinking nuisance to the British Government.

Now that the British Government is reacting, Nigerians are complaining. Why don't we complain about the nuisances in our midst that insist on ruining the image of this country - the very people who have caused this visa bond to be put in place?

That said, I'd be glad if the 5000 pound bond could be imposed on the British visitors too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by IYANGBALI: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2013
dvdon: undecided sad embarassed cry

So I no go enter Uk go charge my blackberry again.
you dey go uk dey do ashawo work abi?God don catch you
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2013
BarryX: Like the british citizens want to stay in Nigeria?? The ones that stay are begged to stay as expatriates,
Nonsense!

Excuse you!! They are not begged to do nada. They are here because they are paid to be here. If they don't like it in naija, why are they still there? I don't see anyone putting s gun on their heads forcing them to stay.

@topic
This is just a money making revenue for the British. Anyone that thinks it has anything to do with illegal immigration is dreaming. Won't they make interest on the so called bonds even for people who actually go back home?

The best way to "show" them is to actually deter nigerians from going there by placing an "unforgiving" tax on flights to the uk from naija. If flights to the uk become hiked to like 600, 000, and nigerians reduce holiday shopping, revenue stream for BA and virgin atlantic drops, no one will teach them before they start offering free rebates to nigerians and the cancellation of the bond

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Soreza(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2013
sobaemma: its not a matter of rejection is already happening,who will believe back then that the south africans we were donating funds from our own purse,helping them because of the apartheld will be economically bigger and more developed than us now,i guess if it were then u will say i reject it,but its real,to me cameroon is too big if kenya can deport us,wot do we dosome sort of childish grounding of plane and rubbish,our leaders failed to get challenge but reciprocate in a childish amusing way,look at uk and the visa bond issue now,wot do nigeria leaders ve in mind5000 bond too,lol,its painful,still our senators eats more than 50m a month?mark my word very soon nigerians will start rembering mali how they sent troops to help them in the next 5 years,WHEN will MY LEADERS LEARN THAT PERSONAL WEALTH DONT COUNT ANYMORE IN THE WORLD,UR COUNTRY PERFORMANCE COUNTS
i can feel ur passion,our citizens even surprise me more,i expected every one in the room to blast the corrupt,looters as leaders that has sit upon money and refuse to change the country,they are here poorly asking for revenge instead of blasting the government for bringing disgrace on us,thats the reason i port to ghana,seriously nothing to be proud of as a nigerian,is it education(assu strike),development,light that even ghana can boost of?what??if anyone can tell me one i will love to hear,giant of looters,come to ghana and nationlize before they impose visa bond o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Sammiel: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2013
Let the government stop wasting their time because this retaliation will only have little or even no effect on them. They called Nigeria a bongo bongo land and that's very correct because if you considered the amount of of foreign aids we get each year and the revenue we generate locally you would agree with me that this nation has no excuse being poor and having their citizen escaping and migrating to other countries. Retaliation is just a way of covering up the shame!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by lovejo(m): 10:58am On Aug 15, 2013
Nigerian and federal government should boycott flying british airways.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by onaemo: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2013
good responds
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Dee60: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2013
Makes NO sense.

More than half of 'British' citizens travelling to Nigeria are Nigerians who have nationalized as Britons. The other ones travelling are on corporate sponsorships. For these other travellers, Nigerian companies have to pay the bond anyway!

FG, think of something else.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by justwise(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2013
A-town:

Excuse you!! They are not begged to do nada. They are here because they are paid to be here. If they don't like it in naija, why are they still there? I don't see anyone putting s gun on their heads forcing them to stay.

@topic
This is just a money making revenue for the British. Anyone that thinks it has anything to do with illegal immigration is dreaming. Won't they make interest on the so called bonds even for people who actually go back home?

The best way to "show" them is to actually deter nigerians from going there by placing an "unforgiving" tax on flights to the uk from naija. If flights to the uk become hiked to like 600, 000, and nigerians reduce holiday shopping, revenue stream for BA and virgin atlantic drops, no one will teach them before they start offering free rebates to nigerians and the cancellation of the bond

You are really clever you know? So the solution is to hike ticket price that will affect every Nigerian? And how will Nigerian govt do that? Force BA to increase their ticket price or what?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by NoobSaibot1: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2013
This is a good move as far as am concerned. We need to show them we aren't spineless. We cannot continue to be docile and subservient!
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by collynzo2(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2013
Emmyk: Nice one. But wait. How many UK citizens do we have in Nigeria, to start with? undecided .
Shell alone has thousands.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by collynzo2(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2013
Best thing is to pull out of that thrash called common wealth.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by collynzo2(m): 11:09am On Aug 15, 2013
superior1: Nigerian: I no overstay my visa, wey my money?
UK Border Officer: Ok, take your money, bye bye

Briton: I no overstay by visa, wey my money?
Nigeria Immigration Officer: Sorry o, my oga at the top say make you bone am o
Exactly my thought, they'll get their money back 3 years after applying for it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by collynzo2(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2013
80kobo: Simple, They'd just go to Ghana. Steady Light. We should learn to Increase the Value of our Nation, or else soon even Cameroon would ask for Visa Bond for Nigerians. It is coming
who says Ghana isn't planning their own revenge? It affected them, remember?
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by optimusprime2(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2013
New Alfa: This is useless and won't hurt UK.

If they want to really, retaliate, they may have to start imposing special trade tax on uk companies trading in Nigeria. Like BP. That will make them squirm. But with all these corrupt 2 naira officials, I can keep dreaming.
En heeeeeeen, now you are talking my brother, abeg collect one Bloody Mary jare...
I thought I was the only one with this mindset.
Left to me there's no point for that kind of retaliation, its even childish.
If they want a retaliation let them make it strategic, hit them where it would hurt and sound like David Cameron "we are trying to improve our economy on a global scale"...
If Naija could impose this on all UK companies, Great Britain itself would Squirm, like salt on a worm.
But Unfortunately...
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Arosa(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2013
So as a British-Nigerian if I want come Naija for visit I am required to pay £5000 visa bond? This is madness! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Seriousbusiness: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2013

Many British lives in Nigeria.Also a tourist visitors
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by BrightCar: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2013
DON'T WORRY NIGERIA KNOWS WHAT TO DO. NO BRITISH OIL WORKER WILL REMAIN IN NIGERIA, THEY WILL ALL GO HOME. ASARI ABI MEND WHERE U DEY?
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by collynzo2(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2013
Arosa: So as a British-Nigerian if I want come Naija for visit I am required to pay £5000 visa bond? This is madness! angry angry
If you have a Nigerian passport, No.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Tinkybabe(f): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2013
Hahaha..who are we kidding?I can't laugh .
How many first class british citizens choose Nigeria as a holiday spot not to talk of a place to stay indefinitely?
Why do we just think upside down,what a lopsided retaliation
Face it,I'm not really happy about the bond by the british authority but we Nigerians abuse privileges hence they had to do what they did.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by deeptesting(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2013
I support the idea of the Government taking necessary measure to tackle draconian international policies targeted at its citizens but such measures should be able to address the injustice and not merely a flexing of muscles to show that if you hit me,I go hit you....I hope FG will come up with a sustainable policy to counter this draconian policy of Britain against the Nigerian people. The policy was taking by the British Government supposedly to protect its country's resources that is been over stretched by illegal immigrants, ours should be targeted in protecting our country and resources been stolen by not only the British but the entire western world.
#FGshouldmakeNigeriahabitableforNigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

!!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport / Bahamian Visa From Nigeria / 5 Warnings From U.S. Border Agents After Weed Legalization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.