Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art (15831 Views)

This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. / Hakeem Onilogbo: The Creative Works Of Nollywood Make-Up Artist (Photos) / Check This Awesome Work Of Art. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by ganase2: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2013
Pregnant women are often told they are at their most beautiful when they are expecting. And, of course, their bump is protecting very precious cargo.

And now they can preserve the image of their bump for posterity as a pair of British bodycasters launch a company offering sculptures of baby bumps for women to keep forever.

Sculptor couple CJ Munn and Andre Masters, both 40 from Maidstone in Kent, use special effects make-up to help make the bumps, and their intricate designs range from blue and white florals painted like china, to stone sculptures studded with mirrors or a more traditional bronze.

The couple worked in television and film before they started creating the baby-bump casts as a hobby for friends.

Speaking about the casts, which can be rendered in traditional plaster, more elaborate stone and even bronze, Andre said: 'We believe our belly casts are some of the most beautiful in existence in the world.

'Coming from such diverse creative backgrounds we work in so many different materials and we love being challenged to try new things.

'So what you'll see in our pictures is that every single belly cast we make is unique and utterly special to the owner of that piece.

'We love really personal requests where people will have us engrave or paint a piece with personal symbols or patterns - perhaps inspired by something to do with their home or family heritage.

The casts can be rendered in traditional plaster, more elaborate stone and even bronze. You like the idea...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2392735/Incredible-baby-bump-casts-reveal-pregnant-bellies-bronze-statues-painted-intricate-designs-covered-mirrors.html

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/preganancy-casting-now-available.html#more

Twitter @tutubranch

Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 15, 2013
K

1 Like

Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by demelza: 9:10am On Aug 15, 2013
Nigerian men will rather die than accept for this to be done on their wives.

16 Likes

Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 9:26am On Aug 15, 2013
WTH
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by sweettease(f): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2013
Me likey kiss
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2013
Ooow cooL...

I'm soo getting ths for my next baby..
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2013
demelza: Nigerian men will rather die than accept for this to be done on their wives.
grin looking at this pictures reminds me of the song i feel like bursting loose grin
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2013
Enegod: WTH
u also want one for ur pot belle??
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2013
Enegod: WTH
were you not once in your mommas tummy like the pictures above before comming into this world :p which one be wth 8-) abi na the women make their tummy like that ni.no be the effect of excessive input of sperm in the body grin
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2013
nadia_SA: u also want one for ur pot belle?? eight packs??
grin grin
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2013
Enegod: grin grin
LoL yeah ryt!
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2013
kulyie: were you not once in your mommas tummy like the pictures above before comming into this world :p which one be wth 8-) abi na the women make their tummy like that ni.no be the effect of excessive input of sperm in the body grin
grin grin
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2013
nadia_SA: LoL yeah ryt!
√√√
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by sweettease(f): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2013
Enegod: grin grin
grin grin grin 8 kor 16 nii tongue
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
sweet-tease:

grin grin grin 8 kor 16 nii tongue
lol..do you want to see it??
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by sweettease(f): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Enegod: lol..do you want to see it??
Yes grin grin grin upload the pic smiley
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by xynerise: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
No way grin. I aint getting this
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by sweettease(f): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
xynerise: No way grin. I aint getting this
Why?
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
sweet-tease:

Yes grin grin grin upload the pic smiley
what are u gonna give in return?
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by sweettease(f): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
Enegod: what are u gonna give in return?
Hahaaha so its give and take cheesy
Guys!!! What do you want in return?
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by xynerise: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
sweet-tease:

Why?
Scary
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
sweet-tease:

Hahaaha so its give and take cheesy
Guys!!! What do you want in return?
you are answering question with question
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by sweettease(f): 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
xynerise:
Scary
Just as i thought you would say...lol

Enegod: you are answering question with question
So you are going to make me go about this like a 8pack sight starved young lady...lol no baby! I don't want to see again tongue
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Hernadez99: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
#sighs!
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by bigx(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
see as d last woman ni*pple stand
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Enegod(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
sweet-tease:

Just as i thought you would say...lol

So you are going to make me go about this like a 8pack sight starved young lady...lol no baby! I don't want to see again tongue
you haven't seen eight packs before..its more sexy than you think...
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2013

I need one of my Joystick.

1 Like

Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
See bobbi #shields face from slaps#
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by spywareczar(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
what da heck?
Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Rubbish undecided

3 Likes

Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Krasid(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Art is Life.Art is Everything.Art is Beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Artist Preserves Pregnant Bellies In Casts & Turns Them To Works Of Art by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Getting this for all my pregnancies....so the kids can see wat dey did to mummy's tommy....nice...this shuld be brot to Naija jor

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Book Cover Designs By Herbay / A Painting Of Abule ado, Satellite Town Lagos / Photography Newbie: Any School Of Photography In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.