Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Please Help Translate To Niger/delta Languages - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Help Translate To Niger/delta Languages (2489 Views)

Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / Translate To Yoruba. / Please Help Translate Igbo To English. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Translate To Niger/delta Languages by elastic(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2013
Hello Nairalanders!

Please i want to sing this songs as praise in the Niger/Delta languages and i need the translations in Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom & Cross River. Please help, I'll really appreciate it.

1. Everybody Testify You Are Good
You Are Good Jehovah You Are Good

2. I will praise you, oh my savior
I will praise you forevermore
Re: Please Help Translate To Niger/delta Languages by chijiblaze(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
The 1st item on your list is originally an Igbo song, poorly translated into English as you can observe the wrong grammar.

The real song (in Igbo language) goes thus:
Mmadụ niile na-asị Ebube. Ebube Jehovah mara mma....x2

The pronunciation as rendered in English is like:
Ma do nil ey na see ey boo bay. ey boo bay Jehovah ma ram ma... x2

And the correct translation in English is:
Everybody says Glory. The glory of Jehovah is beautiful...x2

(1) (Reply)

Royalty Marries Royalty! Late Ado Bayero’s Son, Sani Marries Princess Aysha(pics / The Benin-owan, (edo State ) People Of Igede Clan( Ora Clan In Benue State) / Spiritual Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.