Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Faith That Works: Rev Kajode Oje - AFM Camp Meeting 2013 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith That Works: Rev Kajode Oje - AFM Camp Meeting 2013 (1979 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / AFM Camp Meeting 2013 Live Update / Afm With Pastor Chris Oyahkhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faith That Works: Rev Kajode Oje - AFM Camp Meeting 2013 by robedu: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
excerpt from this morning Bible teaching (i jotted it as it was delivered, there are some omissions though but may this little i could cover help to build our faith in God)
Date: Thursday 15th August 2013.

Venue: Apostolic Faith Campground - Faith City - Igbesa Ogun State, Nigeria

Preacher: Rev. Kayode Oje

Service: Bible Studies

Topic: Faith That Works

I Corinthians 10:4 - reading
verse 12 reads - for we wrestle not against flesh and blood......
if you are righteous, its difficult for anyone to attack you
reading Ephesians 6 verses 16 downward
The sword of the spirit is a defensive weapon, when you are really born again you are covered
praying is a weapon, watching is a weapon
The Bible does not play with words, it says what it means, it said above all weapons

Things to consider.
What Is Faith
How Do We Have Faith
What Is The Attribute of Faith
What are the things that must be present when you say you have faith
Why do we need Faith
Are they people who have used faith to defend themselves to victory
Who is the object of a Christian faith
Who is the focus of our faith

Hebrews 11: 6 reading..
God said, behold i am the Lord the God of all fresh, is there anything too hard for me?
1st thing to imagine is to imagine that the object of our faith can do everything
Our God can do all things, that is the 1st thing you must take hold.

When physical science and whatever signs defines something to be impossible, our God can do it
What is Faith: you are hoping for something but you are already seeing that you already have it
I Corinthians 4:18 reading e.g. someone who is in need, believes and knows that God is going to provide that need
The person who is hungry, believes that God is going to provide food, he doesn't see the food, but he believes, cease to believe God instead of man.

And for many, God will talk to them in their problems and say i'm going to do it but they fail to believe, they rather believe people who tell them those things have never been done before so cannot be done, but this morning, may God help us to believe.

How Do We Obtain Faith: Romans 10:17 (faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God) that is why when somebody have a challenge, don't say your own word, say the word of God.

If somebody i sick and you get there, don't speak your own word, d0n't say Ah! this is serious say the word of God which is i will heal you, our standard should be, what does the Bible say.

Hebrew 12 tells us that for the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edges sword - the word of God is power - when you hear the word of God, faith enters into your heart.

Oje prays that as you hear the word of God today, faith will enter your heart, he stresses that if you want faith you should listen to the word of God.

Faith has an inseparable twin, the name of the twin is prayer, people say prayer is the master key, but if you take the master key to the door and don't turn it the door will not open, so if you don't turn the key it won't open, prayer is the key, faith is the turning point that is why when you have faith in God, you will degree anything and it will happen, if your prayer is not mixed with faith, you will pray and nothing will happen, if you pray and pray and pray, if you don't believe, you are just wasting your time.

When Jesus cursed the tree without fruit the next day the tree dries off, disciples were surprise and Jesus told them that if they have faith as small as the mustard seed they will say to a mountain move and the mountains will move, but that does not mean that you should go to a physical mountains and start practicing faith with them, when you have spiritual mountains all over you.

I believe that God has brought us out this morning to do something special, because today all those problems that are disturbing us, God want to give us the key to those problems.
Rev Kayode Oje want everyone to seat down and adjust themselves because something good is going to happen, God will do great things.

Next Point to consider - Attribute of Faith: faith is persistent, we read in Luke of a woman and a judge, a judge who did not fear God and man, and there was this widow who needed something from the king, but because the widow disturbed him so much, the king was moved to help the widow, and God is saying if a king who doesn't fear God could do that, then God will do even more (Luke 18:4 downward)
If you want faith to work for you, give hammering God in prayers. If you have a problem and you have prayed and God has not answered, keep praying till God answers.

I read about a story of two housewives, who wanted their husbands to be born again, they met and decided to be on heated prayers for a year, after a year their husbands were not born again, so they decided to pray for ever, after praying for 7 years, one afternoon after eating, he told his wife, i feel like praying, so they went to pray and that afternoon the husband got born again, so she jumped up to go and tell her friend about the news on her way she met her friend and her friend also told her that his own husband is born again too, Does God answer prayers, can God answer prayers? Yes he does.

Faith is Confidence: it is having confidence that it will happen (2Kings 17: 1) talks about when Elijah stops rain with his words. Can you imagine the boldness of Elijah, he said there will be no rain, things will happen according to how i say it, confidence, when you say your prayers, do you believe they will happen? Once you say something with your mouth, you believe in God that it will happen and God will make it to happen.
Another point: Faith is trusting: Luke 7 we read a story of a centurion that sent for Jesus; he said his boy was ready to die he now sent some Jews to Jesus and said go and help me beg Jesus to come and heal this boy, and when he came, he started to exercise faith and trust, he told those people, tell Jesus not to come, just tell him to say something and i know my son will be heal, the Bible says Jesus marveled that somebody could abhor so much faith.

He talks about a woman whose child died and she was so confidence, she didn't cry she welcome people for service that day and after the service she went back to see the child and say this girl you must wake up, and the girl woke up, yes the child does not have any option but to wake up.

Faith does not mix with fear, if you mix fear with faith then there is no faith again, faith is confidence.
Even when you are seeing the opposite of what you are praying for, keep believing and exercise faith,
Fear kill alot of people, sometimes the sickness does not kill people it is faith that kill them
stop saying, oh this sickness will kill me, say i will not die, alot of people worry about things that will never happen
Sometimes maybe your children are not at home, you start fearing and shaking, oh what if my children have accident, what if this and that and you start fearing over things that have not even happen, it is not good
Next Point: Faith is Obedient, read though Luke 17: 1 downward (I was lost on the internet during obedience session)

Whatever obstacle on your way, you must determine that you must get your blessings
Why Do we Need Faith: we need faith because without faith we cannot please God: Hebrews 16: 6 - if you don't have faith you can't even get born again, you must believe that Jesus died and that He can save you, if we read through Hebrews 11: 2 it said for by it the elders attend a good report, remember by Faith Abraham pleases God, may God give us the faith of Abraham, by faith Sarah believed and judge God faithful of his promise and God did it for her Romans 4:18-21 - please read that verse.

Abraham staggered not on the promise of God through unbelief, he believe in God and being fully persuaded that what God has promise He can do it.

Imagine the body of Abraham was death and his wife has passed menopause, and one night an angel came and said take Sarah because tonight she will be pregnant.
Faith believe everything, may God give us faith, maybe as you are here, you have not conceive for many years, God can still do it today, in verse 22 of the last portion it reads that it was counted for him for righteousness, may God make us righteousness.

Rev Oje said he remembers his father telling him to go to the alter and pray and he will be praying, God please increase my faith, increase my faith
the unbelievable part of the story is that the same son that God promise Abraham, God now ask him to go and sacrifice the boy and Abraham while trying to sacrifice Isaac to God still believes that the boy will live, the preacher stress that he has never understoodd the passage of the bible that said Abraham believe the boy was going to live when he was about to sacrifice the boy
God was happy and pronounce blessings on Abraham for faith

Hebrews 11: 32 highlight other people who have executed faith in their life time, you know the man who stops the mouth of lion, Rev Oje said maybe if he was the one he would have closed his window while praying, but Daniel was very confidence, marching to the lions den without any fear at all
Oh the second day the king came back and said, i know your God can deliver you, the devil know your God, he knows your God can deliver you.

Daniel was sure of his God, may you be sure of your God, even the three Hebrews children were sure of their God, they told the king the God whom we serve will deliver us, they didn't say can deliver they say will deliver us
When you are troubled, when you have challenges, just know that all will be well,
When everything is turning upside down, all will be well, when people come to you and shout and say this one will kill you oo, all will be well.

In those days when people were thrown into fire, people like you and me refuse to denounce their faith, sing and walk into the fire, now the question is where is your faith.
Where is your faith, small thing happen to you and you are running around, this morning tell God to increase your faith, God will do it for you

Re: Faith That Works: Rev Kajode Oje - AFM Camp Meeting 2013 by potentpraise: 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Good job, you should be a reporter, if actually you jotted this down while Rev Kayode was teaching the message of Faith.
Re: Faith That Works: Rev Kajode Oje - AFM Camp Meeting 2013 by MightySparrow: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2013
I think this is the same Rev. Kayode Oje that taught me in the University over twenty years ago. God bless you sir.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Origin Of Being An Alhaji Or Alhaja/hajia?? / Boko Haram Kingpin, John Trankil, Arrested In Maiduguri (saharareporters) / 2016 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.