Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever (4254 Views)

Lucky Dube Is The Best African Musician Ever / Most Timeless Musician Ever / 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hi peeps. Do u know as falsely claimed by millions, Michael Jackson was never the world's greatest singer? These are some reasons that should convince you.
1. Michael Jackson didn't even co-wrote most of his songs. A true musician is one that wrote and sings his songs altogether.
2. The famous dance signature, THE MOONWALK, was not invented by him in the very least. It first came to public show in the early 1930s. Infact he was the least to make it very famous. Younger dancers like Usher, Guinewine, Omarion, etc are even more creative, though he heavily influenced them. That can't be denied.
3. Most of the honours given him should have gone to...?(HOME WORK).
4. HE WAS THE MOST OVERHYPED SINGER IN HISTORY...
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by sseunth(m): 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
OmoUSH: Hi peeps. Do u know as falsely claimed by millions, Michael Jackson was never the world's greatest singer? These are some reasons that should convince you.
1. Michael Jackson didn't even co-wrote most of his songs. A true musician is one that wrote and sings his songs altogether.
2. The famous dance signature, THE MOONWALK, was not invented by him in the very least. It first came to public show in the early 1930s. Infact he was the least to make it very famous. Younger dancers like Usher, Guinewine, Omarion, etc are even more creative, though he heavily influenced them. That can't be denied.
abeg tll me any other musician way beta pass him......way get award pass him...

1 Like

Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 6:17am On Aug 16, 2013
[quote author=sseunth]abeg tll me any other musician way beta pass him......way get award pass am.
Mariah Carey, though not professionally, is more of an amazing singer. A very distinguished singer with 5 octaves. What more?
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 6:23am On Aug 16, 2013
[/b]
sseunth: abeg tll me any other musician way beta pass him......way get award pass him...
1.There are FAR MUSIC GREATS. James Brown, Stevie Wonder and Elvis Presley are his biggest inspirations(ESP., BROWN) in show business. What about Ray Charlse, Little Richard, Marvin Garye and Donny Harthaway? He studied all these greater singers and became a COMBO of them.

And in my own view and rating, which may be fallable anyway, i rate such singers like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey more than Mj.
2.AWARDS? Stevie Wonder(eg, 22 Grammys?) and The Beetles have won more. Contemporary musicians like Kanye West, Beyounce, Jay Z, Rihanna and others are seriously contending. Singer Usher gat more cummulative charts on Billboard than Mj or any other musician in history.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by BabaEleko(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2013
OmoUSH: Hi peeps. Do u know as falsely claimed by millions, Michael Jackson was never the world's greatest singer? These are some reasons that should convince you.

Bros, dangote is hiring. Forward your resume asap.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Kolade9(m): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
@OP
So......now that you've told us.........?
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by sseunth(m): 7:59am On Aug 18, 2013
OmoUSH: [/b]
1.There are FAR MUSIC GREATS. James Brown, Stevie Wonder and Elvis Presley are his biggest inspirations(ESP., BROWN) in show business. What about Ray Charlse, Little Richard, Marvin Garye and Donny Harthaway? He studied all these greater singers and became a COMBO of them.

And in my own view and rating, which may be fallable anyway, i rate such singers like Celine Dion, Mariah Carey more than Mj.
2.AWARDS? Stevie Wonder(eg, 22 Grammys?) and The Beetles have won more. Contemporary musicians like Kanye West, Beyounce, Jay Z, Rihanna and others are seriously contending. Singer Usher gat more cummulative charts on Billboard than Mj or any other musician in history.
so why are this musicians not overratted??.......d guy worth it bro.....wich of ds musicians got nice videos.....can twist hips anyhw??....ok he s nt d one dat invented mst of hs dance steps....abeg who make dem popular......give me songs dat cn compete with thriller....speechless...etc

2 Likes

Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
sseunth: so why are this musicians not overratted??.......d guy worth it bro.....wich of ds musicians got nice videos.....can twist hips anyhw??....ok he s nt d one dat invented mst of hs dance steps....abeg who make dem popular......give me songs dat cn compete with thriller....speechless...etc
Haba, My Oga! There are millions of songs far greater than Thriller, Speechless or what have u. A nice example is Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On. I respect this woman more than Mj.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
sseunth: so why are this musicians not overratted??.......d guy worth it bro.....wich of ds musicians got nice videos.....can twist hips anyhw??....ok he s nt d one dat invented mst of hs dance steps....abeg who make dem popular......give me songs dat cn compete with thriller....speechless...etc
Haba, My Oga! There are millions of songs far greater than Thriller, Speechless or what have u. A nice example is Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, Right in Front of You, A New Day Has Come, Power Of Love,etc. The former timeless song was the theme for one of the grossiest movies of all time, Titanic. That song alone is greater than all of Mj's songs put together, except You Are Not Alone, and maybe, Earth Song. I respect this woman more than Mj.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
i think u r emotional thats why ur saying all this...even cry by MJ is better than these songs u put. dont let emotions cloud u. thats why he is arguably the best single artist of all time
OmoUSH:
Haba, My Oga! There are millions of songs far greater than Thriller, Speechless or what have u. A nice example is Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, Right in Front of You, A New Day Has Come, Power Of Love,etc. The former timeless song was the theme for one of the grossiest movies of all time, Titanic. That song alone is greater than all of Mj's songs put together, except You Are Not Alone, and maybe, Earth Song. I respect this woman more than Mj.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
ur answers omoush r very subjective. celine dion's archives are plainly soul or rnb and which appeal to love only, or heartbreak. MJ spans any kind of music genre and does exceedingly well in al of them (that includes non singles). Go through his discography before u say celine dion has far better songs. SHE DOESNT...plain truth.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
It doesnt make them any better than MJ, cuz MJ used what they couldnt and came out much better. True they r greats, accepted, but for u to say MJ is overrated, i think u just want ur topic to be on front page
OmoUSH: [/b]

Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Last reply, if u know anything about music, then u will not say a word when it comes to vocal prowess...no living artist currently comes near his vocal ability...when u talk of vocal range, its nothing, cuz u might say alexandra burke has a high octave span, but i prefer toni braxtons 2 octave vocal range, cuz she uses it magically well. Michael jackson spans 4 octaves which is more than impressive for a guy, even at his age, but 4 octaves means nothing if u cant use it well. Plainly u may just not like MJ
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by jayriginal: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2013

A true musician should also personally manufacture the instruments he uses and play all of them shouldnt he?

One reason Nigerian artists dont do well is this kind of mentality you have. They want to do everything, even thngs they are not qualified to do. Some can sing but cant write. Some can write good songs but dont have the voice for it. When a good singer meets a good song writer guess what happens?

The moon walk is just one out of several things that are associated with Mike. You really ought to tell us who invented the moon walk in the '30s.

You have nothing

Says you. And you are . . . ?
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by GatJokez(f): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
[/quote]There are millions of songs far greater than Thriller, Speechless or what have u. A nice example is Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On. I respect this woman more than Mj.[/quote]

Wow, how can you compare any Celine Dion song to any MJ songs/music? Rofl....c'mon, be realistic
MJ was a great performer especially in his younger years. It's the whole package, not just one trait that makes someone reach worldwide stardom. It's the music in combination with performance, art/customs, delivery on stage, etc. Just sayin'...... undecided
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by FulaniBOII(m): 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
I just dey laugh, Michael Jackson the most exaggerated musician ever? Tell me more. So who's the best? Mozart?
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 2:16am On Aug 19, 2013
The moonwalk dance first came into limeligh when Calloway performed it in 1932. That was over two and a half decade before Michael was born. So u c the dance technique has been in existence right from the early days of even his parents. The person who inspires his whole life and career, JAMES BROWN, famously used it frequently before his birth in 58. Everything is just the technique the guy has used to hype himself from the beginnin, u know, trying to make his life mysterious. And when his demise surfaced, DEATH AND THE MAVERIK CAME TO PLAY! Obviously, u can't understand my whole point. Someone just remarked now that celine Dion only sing about love. What force on earth is greater than love? With Celine Dion's songs such as Immortality, one can't help but think about life itself, love and eternity. As i said earlier, i far respect Dion more than i respect Mj. Mariah Carey is also far better than him with the most marvellous vocal range of all time! Usher Raymond has the same vocal range with Jackson, and as for me, he is my greatest singer in the history of music. Truth is old men like the late James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charlse, Little Richard and many more are his ancestors musically and entertainment in general. He even agree with this and so, i don't c any reason a mere fan wud object. Though a legend, yet, without timeless songs, while Dion has tens of eternal musics. Why wil som1 suggests that Mj spans any music genre? Does he categorically do hip hop or rap? Does he crunk? Does he do Blue-Eye Soul? U c most of u just say baseless words. Celine sings like an angel that is a chorister straight from Heaven. Carey's voice is also angelic. What if i say the teen global phenomenon, BEIBER, may far surpassed all of Mike's archeivement in coming years? Well, u might all scream me down cos he is yet a teenager. But The Biebs have already surpassed some of them. The only reason many, including me those times, conclude that his music unites the world and cut across racial barriers was because of such songs like Heal The World, Black Or White and Earth Song. Well, what song on earth that doesn't unite people. Even the total craps that our local artistes feed us here in Africa unite us together. See that?
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by mufex(m): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2013
MJ was multi_talented, but not as good as john lennon, Bob Marley, Elvis, Bob dylan in terms of singing or songwriting abilities. But as a dancer he was the greatest...the only reason he died was just because god wanted dancing lessons.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
Clearly you were a baby or not yet born during MJ's hey days......

now that you have shared this "delusion", so what next?
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by jayriginal: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
OmoUSH: The moonwalk dance first came into limeligh when Calloway performed it in 1932. That was over two and a half decade before Michael was born. So u c the dance technique has been in existence right from the early days of even his parents. The person who inspires his whole life and career, JAMES BROWN, famously used it frequently before his birth in 58. Everything is just the technique the guy has used to hype himself from the beginnin, u know, trying to make his life mysterious. And when his demise surfaced, DEATH AND THE MAVERIK CAME TO PLAY! Obviously, u can't understand my whole point. Someone just remarked now that celine Dion only sing about love. What force on earth is greater than love? With Celine Dion's songs such as Immortality, one can't help but think about life itself, love and eternity. As i said earlier, i far respect Dion more than i respect Mj. Mariah Carey is also far better than him with the most marvellous vocal range of all time! Usher Raymond has the same vocal range with Jackson, and as for me, he is my greatest singer in the history of music. Truth is old men like the late James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charlse, Little Richard and many more are his ancestors musically and entertainment in general. He even agree with this and so, i don't c any reason a mere fan wud object. Though a legend, yet, without timeless songs, while Dion has tens of eternal musics. Why wil som1 suggests that Mj spans any music genre? Does he categorically do hip hop or rap? Does he crunk? Does he do Blue-Eye Soul? U c most of u just say baseless words. Celine sings like an angel that is a chorister straight from Heaven. Carey's voice is also angelic. What if i say the teen global phenomenon, BEIBER, may far surpassed all of Mike's archeivement in coming years? Well, u might all scream me down cos he is yet a teenager. But The Biebs have already surpassed some of them. The only reason many, including me those times, conclude that his music unites the world and cut across racial barriers was because of such songs like Heal The World, Black Or White and Earth Song. Well, what song on earth that doesn't unite people. Even the total craps that our local artistes feed us here in Africa unite us together. See that?

Your opinion.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
I believe u. Tell me something I don't know. Look through his discography from the 90s and see genres infused into his pop, rnb, hip hop (yes hip hop), house and lots more. Am pretty sure I feel mjs voice better than usher. Usher really holds no candle to mj (vocally or on d dance floor) the most important thing is mj has been made the king of pop. And that's final. When u mention names, pls don't mention bieber...what is that, an artist? Mj was renowned even out of his teens...bieber will not be, cuz he's already phased out. And so do other artists that u claim are good. Call me when any of these artists sell in excess of 50million copies of an album, then I'll call u a legend. MJ is a true legend...a title well deserved
OmoUSH: The moonwalk dance first came into limeligh when Calloway performed it in 1932. That was over two and a half decade before Michael was born. So u c the dance technique has been in existence right from the early days of even his parents. The person who inspires his whole life and career, JAMES BROWN, famously used it frequently before his birth in 58. Everything is just the technique the guy has used to hype himself from the beginnin, u know, trying to make his life mysterious. And when his demise surfaced, DEATH AND THE MAVERIK CAME TO PLAY! Obviously, u can't understand my whole point. Someone just remarked now that celine Dion only sing about love. What force on earth is greater than love? With Celine Dion's songs such as Immortality, one can't help but think about life itself, love and eternity. As i said earlier, i far respect Dion more than i respect Mj. Mariah Carey is also far better than him with the most marvellous vocal range of all time! Usher Raymond has the same vocal range with Jackson, and as for me, he is my greatest singer in the history of music. Truth is old men like the late James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charlse, Little Richard and many more are his ancestors musically and entertainment in general. He even agree with this and so, i don't c any reason a mere fan wud object. Though a legend, yet, without timeless songs, while Dion has tens of eternal musics. Why wil som1 suggests that Mj spans any music genre? Does he categorically do hip hop or rap? Does he crunk? Does he do Blue-Eye Soul? U c most of u just say baseless words. Celine sings like an angel that is a chorister straight from Heaven. Carey's voice is also angelic. What if i say the teen global phenomenon, BEIBER, may far surpassed all of Mike's archeivement in coming years? Well, u might all scream me down cos he is yet a teenager. But The Biebs have already surpassed some of them. The only reason many, including me those times, conclude that his music unites the world and cut across racial barriers was because of such songs like Heal The World, Black Or White and Earth Song. Well, what song on earth that doesn't unite people. Even the total craps that our local artistes feed us here in Africa unite us together. See that?
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
Yes one more thing, call me when Mariah Carey sings the same way she did years back...all these names couldn't stand the test of time 08********3
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 12:29am On Aug 20, 2013
kinesis: I believe u. Tell me something I don't know. Look through his discography from the 90s and see genres infused into his pop, rnb, hip hop (yes hip hop), house and lots more. Am pretty sure I feel mjs voice better than usher. Usher really holds no candle to mj (vocally or on d dance floor) the most important thing is mj has been made the king of pop. And that's final. When u mention names, pls don't mention bieber...what is that, an artist? Mj was renowned even out of his teens...bieber will not be, cuz he's already phased out. And so do other artists that u claim are good. Call me when any of these artists sell in excess of 50million copies of an album, then I'll call u a legend. MJ is a true legend...a title well deserved
What are u saying that is tasting in ur mouth? Are u suggesting Mj is the best selling artist of all time cos of Thriller? If so, then i can also categorically state that Beiber is the best selling artiste of all time cos of Baby. Baby is the official best selling song in the whole of history! Celine Dion has an excess of 250 millions of her records sold. Madonna has over 300 millions in excess. Usher lately gat 88 millions too, Eminem has over 100million, Rkelly gat excess of 54m too. In short, in term of record sales, there are many artists who supercede Mike. The Beetles are the best selling musicians ever. On Billboard 100 most successful singers of all time, Madonna is number 2. Mj is at 7. Usher is at number 21 while the Jackson 5 are at maybe 35 or thereabout. Just don't conclude out of sentiment.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2013
Guy listen to yourself...i said find me any artist that can sell more albums than thriller...and for your information...elvis Presley is the only artist (single) that marginally outsells mjs entire discography. No other sells close. Justin bieber is not the best selling artiste, not even if adele died. Don't know where ur getting ur facts cuz they've all wrong. Pls check Wikipedia and read well before u post such atrocities. Don't come arguing about best artist sales and mention bieber...jeez.

billboard is never a criteria for finding out the most successful artist, cuz if it is, then there's an issue. Mj has excess of 450 million albums sold. Get that...thats success that not ur favorite can hold a candle to
OmoUSH:
What are u saying that is tasting in ur mouth? Are u suggesting Mj is the best selling artist of all time cos of Thriller? If so, then i can also categorically state that Beiber is the best selling artiste of all time cos of Baby. Baby is the official best selling song in the whole of history! Celine Dion has an excess of 250 millions of her records sold. Madonna has over 300 millions in excess. Usher lately gat 88 millions too, Eminem has over 100million, Rkelly gat excess of 54m too. In short, in term of record sales, there are many artists who supercede Mike. The Beetles are the best selling musicians ever. On Billboard 100 most successful singers of all time, Madonna is number 2. Mj is at 7. Usher is at number 21 while the Jackson 5 are at maybe 35 or thereabout. Just don't conclude out of sentiment.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2013
kinesis: Guy listen to yourself...i said find me any artist that can sell more albums than thriller...and for your information...elvis Presley is the only artist (single) that marginally outsells mjs entire discography. No other sells close. Justin bieber is not the best selling artiste, not even if adele died. Don't know where ur getting ur facts cuz they've all wrong. Pls check Wikipedia and read well before u post such atrocities. Don't come arguing about best artist sales and mention bieber...jeez.

billboard is never a criteria for finding out the most successful artist, cuz if it is, then there's an issue. Mj has excess of 450 million albums sold. Get that...thats success that not ur favorite can hold a candle to
Look at you! Who do you think supply Wikipedia information about record sales? None other than BILLBOARD through Nielson Sound Scan. C'mmon! It was only just recently that BEIBER'S BABY became the best selling song in history, removing Elton John's Candle in The Wind, and before the year runs out it will be updated to Wikipedia. The single is the the only one in the whole of music history to be certified 12x platinum! U saying that it was only Elvis as a solo artist that outsold Mj, u need to check well bro.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2013
oh yes...like i said u dont read in between the lines...the 3rd best selling artist in the world is MJ, only beaten by group artist beatles and elvis presley (single artist)...the other artists come under him and its quite a distance (100m copies over Madonna). mariah carey is far away and she ties with celine dion (200million)...use wikipedia. and pls for ur info, biebers baby is the best selling song in USA, not the world. get ur facts right. Nielsons scan really appeals to USA only, and that is like one country in the whole world.

Worldwide, bieber is not in the top 10 best selling singles (he will get there IJN) and is not a great artist. come and argue when he can put up an album that can spin out a classic album (MJ has that with almost all his albums)...many artists cant do that. besides, they r not in the same league (MJ and bieber). they shouldnt even be mentioned in a sentence together, except when bieber described MJ as aspirational.

And just that u know, the best selling single worldwide is Bing Crosby "White Christmas" which has sold in excess of 50million copies, followed by Elvis' "Candle in the wind", which also sold in excess of 33 million. When bieber can achieve that then u can talk.
OmoUSH:
Look at you! Who do you think supply Wikipedia information about record sales? None other than BILLBOARD through Nielson Sound Scan. C'mmon! It was only just recently that BEIBER'S BABY became the best selling song in history, removing Elton John's Candle in The Wind, and before the year runs out it will be updated to Wikipedia. The single is the the only one in the whole of music history to be certified 12x platinum! U saying that it was only Elvis as a solo artist that outsold Mj, u need to check well bro.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 20, 2013
take ur time to read the first part well, very well...it should interest u http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson

then also go down to read VOCAL STYLE. Guy nopthing u say can change the fact that MJ is one of very very few TRUE ARTISTS that ever existed
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
kinesis: oh yes...like i said u dont read in between the lines...the 3rd best selling artist in the world is MJ, only beaten by group artist beatles and elvis presley (single artist)...the other artists come under him and its quite a distance (100m copies over Madonna). mariah carey is far away and she ties with celine dion (200million)...use wikipedia. and pls for ur info, biebers baby is the best selling song in USA, not the world. get ur facts right. Nielsons scan really appeals to USA only, and that is like one country in the whole world.

Worldwide, bieber is not in the top 10 best selling singles (he will get there IJN) and is not a great artist. come and argue when he can put up an album that can spin out a classic album (MJ has that with almost all his albums)...many artists cant do that. besides, they r not in the same league (MJ and bieber). they shouldnt even be mentioned in a sentence together, except when bieber described MJ as aspirational.

And just that u know, the best selling single worldwide is Bing Crosby "White Christmas" which has sold in excess of 50million copies, followed by Elvis' "Candle in the wind", which also sold in excess of 33 million. When bieber can achieve that then u can talk.
When u read, u should also be able to know meanings. 12 times platinum means the Beiber's Baby has sold 12 million in America alone, which no single has ever done. The Crosby and Elton's sales amount u mention above are for worldwide. Beiber's Baby worldwide sales surpasses any of those. And u just say now that Neison Sound Scan is for US alone. There u go again. The N. Sound Scan is made to track global(AMERICAN) musicians record sales alone both in the US and WORLDWIDE, and not for local artistes. Consult ur search engine about the Sound Scan to get my point.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by OmoUSH(m): 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
kinesis: oh yes...like i said u dont read in between the lines...the 3rd best selling artist in the world is MJ, only beaten by group artist beatles and elvis presley (single artist)...the other artists come under him and its quite a distance (100m copies over Madonna). mariah carey is far away and she ties with celine dion (200million)...use wikipedia. and pls for ur info, biebers baby is the best selling song in USA, not the world. get ur facts right. Nielsons scan really appeals to USA only, and that is like one country in the whole world.

Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
am tired of arguing with u...ur talking about a single selling and making a record in USA (and getting some help from streaming data, which should help pop artists more, and which wasnt counted for other artists, PSY included) , which is not the world. U think i cant read? One single cannot outdo what MJ has done, trust me, it cant (Justin really has not talent, may have been lucky with his childhood attractiveness, but cant outlive the record he has made...kpom kwem
OmoUSH:
When u read, u should also be able to know meanings. 12 times platinum means the Beiber's Baby has sold 12 million in America alone, which no single has ever done. The Crosby and Elton's sales amount u mention above are for worldwide. Beiber's Baby worldwide sales surpasses any of those. And u just say now that Neison Sound Scan is for US alone. There u go again. The N. Sound Scan is made to track global(AMERICAN) musicians record sales alone both in the US and WORLDWIDE, and not for local artistes. Consult ur search engine about the Sound Scan to get my point.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by infolekan(m): 5:06am On Aug 24, 2013
Highest selling album of all time is still Michael Jackson's Thriller and I don't need to tell you that it dwarfed the next album by almost close to half and that Album is pink Floyds Dark side of the moon and with grease and bodyguards soundtrack following closely.
Don't know where these guy gets off comparing legends to living fantasies.
Shakespeare still rates as probably the greatest writer in history and the fact that a man(or woman) sold 9 billion books doesn't mean they've surpassed.
Legends are time proven. Give Bieber a few more years before you bring up a candle to MJ for him.
That guy got a platinum over 10 years after releasing an album out of nowhere and the fact that he references James Brown et al as his role model doesn't mean he hasn't surpassed them.
You'll be surprised at the people that legends like Bono of U2 calls the people that 'shaped ' his career- doesn't mean he hasn't surpassed those peeps...it's just an acknowledgement of their influence in his music.
Re: Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever by tpia5: 5:12am On Aug 24, 2013
joke section.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Instrumental: 2baba - Gaga Shuffle (beat By Dj Smmith) / Download Banky W Jasi Video / +18 VIDEO: Slây Qveen Mistakenly Posts Her N@k3d Video In Whatsapp Group…video G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.