Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? (18776 Views)

Simple Reasons Why Michael Jackson Is The Most Exaggerated Musician Ever / The Place Of Hiphop In Nigeria / Top 20 Reasons Why 2pac Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by elbuc(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2007
see details at the 'blog' section of www.naijahiphop.org and let me hear your comments
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by roflmao: 5:37pm On Apr 27, 2007
Ouch! You my friend have hurt the feelings of all the Pac dick-jockers on this board. They'll be out all gunz blazin' pretty soon to defend their fortress. Just wait---
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2007
Direct link: http://nhhopinions..com/2007/04/2pac-is-most-over-rated-rapper-of-all.html

You know what? I keep having this argument with ppl. I won't go as far as to say Pac didn't release great albums but the whole thug image that made Pac have all that following was fake as hell.

Fact: Pac didn't sell drugs cuz he wasn't good at it. The drug dealers, his friends, told him not to sell anymore because he wasn't good at it and stick to music and that they'll give him any support he needs in that area.

Fact:As mentioned in the blog he was in a school of performing arts. I'm not an advocate for rappers being gangsta or not being able to speak english, in fact I'm against it, but when you come out with your middle finger in the air, shouting in court, and acting for the camera, then you're trying to portray a certain image.

Fact:Another thing I tell ppl is that after "hit 'em up" when he was saying he screwed Faith Evans, biggie went up to him backstage at an awards show and confronted him and asked what all the bullshit was about, tupac's reply was, "Its just business". Whenever I tell ppl that, they start making noise that its not possible Biggie went up to pac like he's some sort of Godfather. The way biggie handled it is the way grown men handle beef and not in some studio a thousand or so miles away making noise (thats a cowardly act, not gangsta lets not get it twisted).

Fact:Biggie on the other hand, was the one with the sort of gangasta past, he sold drugs and held his corner well, nobody could mess with him there but just because he was rapping about Versace and dancing with puffy ppl thought he was soft.

Fact: Tupac only started getting into trouble after he became a star when he joined deathrow, his first offence was jaywalking (thats when u cross a road without regards to traffic statutes). He went to jail for assault and he didn't like it (no normal human being sould love jail anyways) but he gets out and fools everybody like he's gangsta for being shot and going to jail.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by roflmao: 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2007
mr me too:

Direct link: http://nhhopinions..com/2007/04/2pac-is-most-over-rated-rapper-of-all.html

You know what? I keep having this argument with people. I won't go as far as to say Pac didn't release great albums but the whole thug image that made Pac have all that following was fake as hell.

Fact: Pac didn't sell drugs because he wasn't good at it. The drug dealers, his friends, told him not to sell anymore because he wasn't good at it and stick to music and that they'll give him any support he needs in that area.

Fact:As mentioned in the blog he was in a school of performing arts. I'm not an advocate for rappers being gangsta or not being able to speak english, in fact I'm against it, but when you come out with your middle finger in the air, shouting in court, and acting for the camera, then you're trying to portray a certain image.

Fact:Another thing I tell people is that after "hit 'em up" when he was saying he screwed Faith Evans, biggie went up to him backstage at an awards show and confronted him and asked what all the bullshit was about, tupac's reply was, "Its just business". Whenever I tell people that, they start making noise that its not possible Biggie went up to pac like he's some sort of Godfather. The way biggie handled it is the way grown men handle beef and not in some studio a thousand or so miles away making noise (thats a cowardly act, not gangsta lets not get it twisted).

Fact:Biggie on the other hand, was the one with the sort of gangasta past, he sold drugs and held his corner well, nobody could mess with him there but just because he was rapping about Versace and dancing with puffy people thought he was soft.

Fact: Tupac only started getting into trouble after he became a star when he joined deathrow, his first offence was jaywalking (thats when u cross a road without regards to traffic statutes). He went to jail for assault and he didn't like it (no normal human being sould love jail anyways) but he gets out and fools everybody like he's gangsta for being shot and going to jail.

I don't know whether to make you next Nigerian President or give you a Nobel Prize for your "contribution and research in rap music". I've given up discussing with these Pac zombies cos it's jus a wate of time now. They're like Al Quaeda suicide bombers. They're just too retarded to do use their common sense to asses the facts staring them in the face!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by kellorah: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2007
he's sellin more CDs dead than alive tongue
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2007
rof-lmao:

I don't know whether to make you next Nigerian President or give you a Nobel Prize for your "contribution and research in rap music".

Don't worry your money would be fine.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2007
Most overated rapper 'alive'?
1. 2pac is NOT alive.
2. How true do we know these 'facts' are?- Cos if u say 2pac's fans are taking his gangstarism claims hook, line & sinker, we can also say u 2pac haters are taking these so-called 'facts' hook, line & sinker too.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Jduck13(m): 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2007
u r crazy pacs the best ever angry
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by chiogo(f): 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2007
kellorah:

he's sellin more CDs dead than alive tongue

yeah, u right.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2007
Po Deep:

1. 2pac is NOT alive.
2. How true do we know these 'facts' are?- Cos if u say 2pac's fans are taking his gangstarism claims hook, line & sinker, we can also say u 2pac haters are taking these so-called 'facts' hook, line & sinker too.

Go watch "Resurrection" by 2pac. He narrated most of the whole story. He said most of these things with his own mouth
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2007
I'll check it out.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by IBDat(m): 10:48pm On Apr 27, 2007
LMAO  grin shit is just comical!

Fact remains that most your posts on this thread steams nothing but pure HATE.

Yes i like 2pac n i will choose 2pac above any rappers out-there now n previous. Reason being yes in 'Resurrection' he blantantly admits this and had been proclaiming this since day.

He was not a drug dealer as he was shit at it (considering he was just 12), he wasn't a gangstar personally but grew up in the midst of 'True O.Gz i.e. Black Panthers'.

The first time he got arrested was due to Jay-walking, but seriously who gets arrested for jay-walking? Also he wasn't just arrested for jay-walking but arrested for whatever the underlying reason as he was also beaten up by the cops and was compensated for this (same case).

Yes he went to the school of arts after his mother relocated, this is where he first met Jada Pinckett (again no secret).

Biggie schooled under 2pac and no matter how big or gangstar Biggie might have been - fact is he was no match for Pac nor could he openly step to 2pac - Biggie approached him after a concert, maybe so - but you don't know exactly what was said, tone, mannerism - it is those that smile with you to yo face that are plotting to kill you - Pac spoke his mind, Biggie lived in denial!

Now getting back to main issue at hand - overrated rapper!
Personally my choice would be CEO Sean Carter himself, Biggie had lyrical bliss (i'm not denying this - i like Biggie same way i like 2pac, but my choice would be 2pac as he rapped about social n political issues you can easily relate to, what went on around him and relevant matters not to mention his poetry - this is what made him stand out from the rest n that's not mentioning delivery). Jay-Z is the epitome of plagiarism, every single one of his album had lyrics he looped from other artists 2pac, Snoop and Biggie included even Humpty Hump!

Overrated! I don't think so, his shine and popularity was well deserved - His  legacy in Hip-Hop still remians till date, he broke his back n hustled to get to where he was. From his days carrying equipments for Digital Underground to being signed as a solo artist on Tommy Boy records. He never claimed to be a gangstar or that he was going to shoot anybody! There were gangstar rappers out there then that had that claim (Ice cube, Ice T, Easy E, WEST COAST rappers!). His image was as a badboy-original (thug) n that goes as far back to when he was at school n even the school of arts which he didn't finish either.

If you want to talk about something or bring up an argument get yo facts right, listen to his music from his first solo album 2pacalypse Now and tell me what changed from then till his death - the attitude n care not persona were always there. As well as his stories from what he saw around him and heard from his friends - 2pac worked to get to where he was, back then it wasn't handed to you on a platter (like some people) but you had to graft for yours, which he did! Most rappers claim to do shit n that is all it is claims - The ones that tell the truth on their albums were improsioned as it was used against them in courts - A confession!

There are rappers out there that rap about what they see around them - does that make them fakes? What of Nas, Fat Joe and even Jay-Z?

Try walking in his shoes and living with all the bull he had to deal with and let's see if your attitude doesn't change n how you persevere through it.

4 Likes

Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by SeunImpersonator(m): 11:04pm On Apr 27, 2007
so 2 pac is alive now? goats.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by IBDat(m): 11:13pm On Apr 27, 2007
Po Deep:

1. 2pac is NOT alive.

S_eun:

so 2 pac is alive now? goats.

Read before u post - mugu!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by roflmao: 12:18am On Apr 28, 2007
IBDat:

LMAO grin shit is just comical!

Fact remains that most your posts on this thread steams nothing but pure HATE.

Yes i like 2pac n i will choose 2pac above any rappers out-there now n previous. Reason being yes in 'Resurrection' he blantantly admits this and, yadah yadah yadah , z z z z z z z z z z z

That whole thing don't make no sense. Waste of thread space!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by gbadex1(m): 12:47am On Apr 28, 2007
@topic, rof-lmao, mr-me too:

*nods head*. I totally agree. Dude's like way way overrated. Each time i mention this, i get heavily criticized by them 2pac loyalists and nut-suckers.

I've always maintained a position - that the true gangsta can't make a true musician and a true musician can't make a true gangsta. Truth is, most of the images we see are only propagated by the media as they act as catalysts. Studio gangstas, so to say, are nothing but media manipulators. However, this doesn't deny 2pac's musical abilities. But one thing's for sure : without the backing of Suge Knight and them Deathrow mofos, Pac was a lone figure. It was those behind him that were the "Strong men".
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 12:51am On Apr 28, 2007
@IBDat

This is not a thread for comparing 2pac and Biggie, there are millions of that already. Biggie trained under 2pac? Where? How? When? Please stop that. My argument was that 2pac's thug image was as fake as the designer brands that come out of Aba. Biggie confronted him after the show (no confusion here), keyword "confronted" not asked politely. Go check biggie and Pac's history and then u'll actually know who is the true gangsta between two of them. Don't let 2pac's noise and swagger fool you that is what its supposed to do and I see its working. I never said anything bad about his songs, personally I think they are great.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by gbadex1(m): 12:56am On Apr 28, 2007
@topic, rof-lmao, mr-me too:

*nods head*. I totally agree. Dude's like way way overrated. Each time i mention this, i get heavily criticized by them 2pac loyalists and nut-suckers.

I've always maintained a position - that the true gangsta can't make a true musician and a true musician can't make a true gangsta. Truth is, most of the images we see are only propagated by the media as they act as catalysts. Studio gangstas, so to say, are nothing but media manipulators. However, this doesn't deny 2pac's musical abilities. But one thing's for sure : without the backing of Suge Knight and them Deathrow mofos, Pac was a lone figure. It was those behind him that were the "Strong men".
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by IBDat(m): 1:04am On Apr 28, 2007
mr me too:

@IBDat
This is not a thread for comparing 2pac and Biggie, there are millions of that already. Biggie trained under 2pac? Where? How? When? Please stop that. My argument was that 2pac's thug image was as fake as the designer brands that come out of Aba. Biggie confronted him after the show (no confusion here), keyword "confronted" not asked politely. Go check biggie and Pac's history and then u'll actually know who is the true gangsta between two of them. Don't let 2pac's noise and swagger fool you that is what its supposed to do and I see its working. I never said anything bad about his songs, personally I think they are great.

Wasn't comparing 2pac to Biggie, b4 Biggie made it with Puffy you do realise he toured with Pac right? Anywayz, all i'm saying is whatever image you might claim that Pac portrayed, you might wanna check that as he never claimed to be a gangstar or killer! the media has a way portraying certain images about people and it's this image that you are falling victims of. Forgetting all media reports, he had issues with certain rappers and aired them on his songs and interviews - does that make him a gangstar? Apart from that what else?
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 1:41am On Apr 28, 2007
not just the media, his songs, his demeanor, his prancing around the courtroom, his mis-yarns, beating ppl up in public, and so on. He wanted to portray a gangsta and the media ate it up.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Christino(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2007
Thank you guys for opening a thread like this.

If Tupac is overrated then i don't think there is any other rapper alive, besides NAS grin

Saying Tupac is overrated is like getting back at Fela, cos those you'll list after him are probably senseless misyarners. He ain't a real thug? So who cares son?

If there's a realer symbol of a hennessey downing thug anywhere else, pls let me know. shocked

Maybe ya'll need to read his letter to Bill Clinton before saying jack, and maybe listen to dear mama, listen to the lyrics of Running feat Biggie, listen to "how much of Pac u got in you. . .", why Suge had to buy him out of jail with that huge sum, have you seen the video of the track "Changes?", court cases and stuffs

Read the life of Tupac Vs Andersson, the man suspected to have murdered him, and why he was so sure of death, only a killer expects death all the time plus, a fearless martyr. Have you heard the tributes to Pac?
"Do G's get to go to heaven" - Richie Rich
This one by master P, can't remember (make a change or smth)
And the greatest one by TQ - Westside "till I die"

If he never was a thug, his end confirmed he was, so what does being overrated have to do with this? We need more troops cheesy

he he he, black Jesus, show em d way to d thugz mansion! grin Pac haters gat nothing realer to say, no wonder No one gets the guts to mention Suge and guess what back then, Pac was da chosen one, not even snoop, not dre. Good you talk of Ice Cube, talk of Scarface, Kato, Mental and the underground mafia, Pac wouldn't measure up to those, how old was he? Besides what do you expect of the only son of a ghetto mother without a father? Oh you expect a gentleman from there? Maybe you should listen to still I rise. Damn!

Here you can listen to any of Tupac's tracks LIVE since 1999 incl. letter to the president (the one wey EEdris dey copy) grin

Ya'll need to get back to the drawing board as I leave you with a kind of lyric that puts him in the ranks of Fela and Marley. (In case u don't know, PAC's my mentor,hero, and next to God! - I have my reasons, don't even ask cheesy)

Play it here:

http://soundpedia.com/music/Mjk0NDk=/Letter%20To%20The%20President%20%5BAlbum%20Version%20(Explicit)%5D/1/listen.html

Uhh, dear Mr. President
Whas happenin?
I'm writin you because, shit is still real bleeped up in my neighborhood
Pretty much the same way, right around the time when you got elected
Ain't nothin changed
All the promises you made, before you got elected,
, they ain't came true

[2Pac]
Tell me what to do, these niggaz actin up in the hood
Send mo' troops, dear Mr. President
(Me and my homies is wonderin what's goin on, holla!)
Tell me what to do, these niggaz actin up in the hood
Send mo' troops,

Why should I lie, when I can dramatize?
Niggaz fell victim to my lyrics, now traumatized
Simply by spittin I've been blessed given riches, enemies suspicious
cause I'm seldom in the company of bitches
Plus the concepts I depict, so visual, that you can kiss
each and every trick or bitch, inside the shit I kick
My heaviest verse'll move a mountain
Casualties in mass amounts, brothers keep countin
Bleep the friendships, I ride alone
Destination Death Row, finally found a home
Plus all my homies wanna die, call it euthanasia
Dear Lord, look how sick this ghetto made us, sincerely
yours I'm a thug, the product of a broken home
Everybody's doped up, nigga what you smokin on?
Figure if we high they can train us
but then America bleeped up and blamed us
I guess it's cause we black that we targets
My only fear is God, I spit that hard shit
In case you don't know, I let my pump go
Get ?ride for M'Thulu? like I ride for Geronimo
Down to die, for everything I represent
Meant every word, in my letter to the President

Dear Mr. President, tell me what to do
These niggaz actin up in the hood, send mo' troops
(What should I do?)

[E.D.I. Amin]
Oh youse a ball in the White House, I hope you comfortable
cause yo I spend my nights out, with the lights out
under the safety of darkness, amongst the crazed and the heartless
and young soul bros, ready to rode a starship
Launch it, leave a nigga flat for scratch, the Godless
I gotta get chips, but you can't understand that
Wanna ban rap? Stand back, before you get hurt
It's the only thing makin pay besides smoke and work
On a mission listen more chips my goal and position
First on my decision I realized the same nigga
Trippin to drastic measures tryin to get stacks of cheddar
Muh'fuckers hate cops, wait it ain't gettin better
But you keep, tellin us, that it is
while your motherfuckin troops keep killin our kids, dig
Don't be surprised if you see us
Dumpin with nuttin but artillery to free us, motherfucker

[Kastro]
Strapped and angry, with no hope and heartbroke
Fightin first my trained brain until it's not so
It's hostile, niggaz lick shots to watch the glocks glow
Cadres of coppers patrol us like we some animals
And it ain't no peace, my peace a piece on my streets
to people beefin and things, squeakin on they beefs for weeks
Mr. President, it's evident, nobody really care
for a struggle out the gutter, twenty-two with gray hair
I was raised to raise hell, frail and my heart stale
So I'ma bring hell to earth until my heart fail
But y'all play fair, give me and mine, I'll share
Til y'all show us you care, it's gon' be mayhem out here
Me and these 223'sll freeze the biggest with ease
I'm still a nigga you fear, bring the beast to his knees
and I've been born to represent, for that I've been heaven sent
And I meant, every word, in my letter, to the President

Shit is still bleeped up y'all
And y'all wonder when it's gon' get better
and it ain't gon' get better

[2Pac]
These niggaz actin up,

Heavenly Father may I holla at you briefly
I wanna meet the President, but will he meet me?
He's scared to look inside the eyes of a Thug Nigga
We tired of bein scapegoats for this capitalistic drug dealin
How hypocritical is Liberty?
That blind bitch ain't never did shit for me
My history, full of casket and scars
My own black nation at war, whole family behind bars
And they wonder why we scarred, thirteen lookin hard
Sister had a baby as an adolescent, where was God?
Somewhere in the middle of my mind
is a nigga on the tightrope, screamin let him die
Can't lie I'm a thug, drownin in my own blood
Lookin for the reason that my momma's strung out on drugs
Down to die, for everything I represent
Meant every word, in my letter to the President

[Big Syke]
Blacks is broke, think it's a joke that we livin low?
Y'all sniffin blow and postin what they hittin fo'?
Tell the secretary it's necessary we get paid
Look what you made, little kids gettin sprayed
Day after day, and night after night
Battles and wars to the daylight
We might change and rearrange if you do somethin
Til then we gonna keep it comin, Mr. President
Hehe
And I meant every word in my letter to the President

[2Pac]
Word motherfuckin life
Bleep this nigga think?
Cuttin taxes, takin off welfare
We 'sposed to just sit here, go broke and die, starvin?
Motherfuckers crazier than a motherfuckin scout
Nigga this Thug Life, Westside Outlaw Immortalz nigga
We fin' to hustle til we come up

Dear Mr. Clinton, shit
It's gettin harder and harder for a motherfucker
to make a dollar in these here streets
I mean shit, I hear you screamin peace
But we can't find peace
til my little niggaz on these streets get a piece
I know you feel me cause you too near me not to hear me
So why don't you help a nigga out?
Sayin you cuttin welfare
That got us niggaz on the street, thinkin who in the hell care?
Shit, y'all want us to put down our glocks and our rocks
but y'all ain't ready to give us no motherfuckin dollars
What happened to our 40 acres and a mule fool?
We ain't stupid
Think you got us lookin to lose
Tryin to turn all us young niggaz into troops
You want us to fight your war
What the Bleep I'm fightin for?
Shit, I ain't got no love here
I ain't had a check all year
Taxin, all the blacks and
police beatin me in the streets
Bleep peace

Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Christino(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2007
Ya'll comparing thugs with Godfathers? Jeez!

Comparing pawns with Kings? Suge with Pac? Who in the westside could mess with Suge? Even a decade after he lost his rep, rappers still couldn't mention Suge negatively. Better be careful.

PAC was merely one of the Agberos, you no know say Agbero get chairman? cheesy

Same dude would say Mohammad Ali was a no body because he was the most publicised. Lennox is the greatest boxer ever but who cares,it's all Mohammad Ali to the crown.

Dude says Pac had to act up: http://nhhopinions..com/2007/04/2pac-is-most-over-rated-rapper-of-all.html i don't know why a ghetto boy would act up a thug life. He wasn't born with a silver spoon and the fact that someone met him quiet didn't mean he was quiet inside. On the very day of his death he beat Andersson up in a personal fight and injured him, but obviously andersson came back to hunt him hours after that. Quit the hate, take the tracks you want and discard the gangsta ones. Some don'e make sense,some are repetitive but i ain't seen any other thing influence me more than Pac's music, besides the HOLY BIBLE!

Talking classic, hell he had none, Suge had his game plan, dishing out the tracks evenly on albums, maybe you should listen to the whole of still I rise. Here's one of such (TEARDROPS AND CLOSED CASKETS)

http://soundpedia.com/music/Mjk0NDk=/Letter%20To%20The%20President%20%5BAlbum%20Version%20(Explicit)%5D/1/listen.html

By the way, Andersson was shot weeks after Pac died in another gangsta shootout, and you are telling me he was a thug wannabee,

BOttomline: If you can't beat them,join them. I love biggie and i still do, but that don't make me think of him as a bigger thug than the Don of d Kiluminati!

"Plus my P.O. won't let me hang with the brothers I grew up with!"
"Before we find world peace, we gotta find a way to put an end to war on the streets, my ghetto gospel"

HAIL MARY!!! - Guys, don't get me started, we don hear you, name your artiste, we name PAC!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by IBDat(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2007
@Christino - Brrrraaappp - thank u because another sane individual is now on here. This guys talk a whole lot of hype without due cause!  angry

@mr me too - Let me ask u - is it only gangstars that get into fights? Are they the only ones that get angry and fed-up? Have you had court cases (bullshit ones) that you took lying down? Better still define your understanding of the words gangstar and thug for me.
Open your eyes and be objective when making your comments and comprising yo thoughts - this is someone that lived around 'real life gangstars' all his life!!

You mentioned Biggie had more of the gangstar reputation - HOW - because he sold drugs - B please, being a drug dealer is one thing another that differs from being a gangstar. Let me ask you this, what is Suge Knight famous for - being co-owner of Deathrow (Nope - guess again!) - real life gangstar!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2007
@ibdat, na me u dey call mugu or d other guy? Or 2 of us?
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2007
@topic, me i don't care about gangstarism(i'm not a gangsta), all i know is that both in themes & rhymes &  even delivery, pac is good, u don't like him, please bend over & nibble on ur fkuccin jacobs!!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2007
@topic, me i don't care about gangstarism(i'm not a gangsta), all i know is that both in themes & rhymes &  even delivery, pac is good, u don't like him, please bend over & nibble on ur fkuccin jacobs!!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by IBDat(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2007
Po Deep:

Omo did u read my post? I used yo post to highlight the flaw in his own post!!
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by Christino(m): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2007
@ IBDat,

Here's what Biggie said in Runnin', i think when big dawgs are talking, RATS shocked should bury their heads in pubic hairs grin

Biggie-i was more shocked and everything you know what im sayin, but i wasnt more shocked of him
dying, i was more shocked of him, Pac is a strong dude yo, i know dudes, you know what im saying, he was real strong, so when he got shot i was more like again? you know he always getting shot or shot at, he going to pull through this one again, make a few records about it and its going to be over, you know what im sayin? but when he died i was like, woah, you know what im sayin, it kind of took me by, i mean even though we was goin through our drama, i would never wish death upon no one cause there aint no comin back from that.

Don't know what Biggie meant by REAL STRONG but that says a lot about what fakers here come in to protest. From Biggie's gaddem mouth, ya'll need to get a life and quit d hatin' Pac is endowed even in death.

Hear from Eminem (Hail Mary Remix- Ja Rule Diss), if Pac was still here now he would never ride wit ja na na na na na naaaaaaaa

The world's most wanted baby fowler cheesy
________________________________________________________=====
Here, go sign the crazy petition. http://www.petitiononline.com/2pacfame/
=======================================================
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by mrmetoo(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2007
IBDat:

@Christino - Brrrraaappp - thank u because another sane individual is now on here. This guys talk a whole lot of hype without due cause! angry

@mr me too - Let me ask u - is it only gangstars that get into fights? Are they the only ones that get angry and fed-up? Have you had court cases (bullshit ones) that you took lying down? Better still define your understanding of the words gangstar and thug for me.
Open your eyes and be objective when making your comments and comprising yo thoughts - this is someone that lived around 'real life gangstars' all his life!!

You mentioned Biggie had more of the gangstar reputation - HOW - because he sold drugs - B please, being a drug dealer is one thing another that differs from being a gangstar. Let me ask you this, what is Suge Knight famous for - being co-owner of Deathrow (Nope - guess again!) - real life gangstar!

To be honest I don't understand your questions and all that stuff u were saying about Suge Knight. Suge was a bad guy without a doubt and thats what gave 2pac balls, nobody liked it at deathrow, not Dre, not Snoop, not Daz or Korupt, not even Pac at the end. You're saying just because Biggie sold drugs makes him a thug like selling drugs equals selling tom-tom in traffic. Do you know what you have to go through to hold your corner down opposing gangs keep messing with u. I'm not talking about tapping your head and pointing fingers at you laughing, I'm talking about guns and baseball bats and so on. Biggie had a reputation in his area that no one could mess with him in his corner so imagine what he would have done to gain that. 2pac just ran his mouth a lot and beat up weak producers on the street for not giving him jobs which he even admitted was very childish. All I'm saying is 2pac had a great and loyal following because people thought he was some kind of thug which he wasn't, a faker was all he was. Again just anybody didn't pick it up, I think he's very intelligent and his songs are great. He's one of the greatest rappers that ever lived without a doubt.

When you say he didn't take his court case lying down, What exactly did he do? He went to jail and turned into a baby there. His rep in jail was hinged on the fact that he was a start and that Madonna was coming to see him. (Madonna made Pac gain street cred in jail)
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 8:28am On Apr 29, 2007
@Ibdat, I see.
@ topic,
About gangstarism & crime in biggie's case. Common did crime & went to jail in the past, that didn't qualify him as a gangsta, so that street cred stuff isn't about how much dope u slinged b4, its about here and now, lets see how much drama u can pop NOW. Dig? But like i said, forget about d gangstarism, matta'fact, forget about pac & big, *they're gone* get it?
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by dblock(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2007
Some folks here, don't know what rap is. Tupac Shakur was the begining of Modern rap. His only competition was Bad Boy(Puff Daddy and his crew) and Biggie smalls. Before Tupac's style of rapping, it was all old school(NWA and shit), Tupac created the Rap that we know today. Else we would still be listening to RUN DMC, NWA style rap. Fitey Cent isn't a Tupac. The greatest rappers ever are Tupac, Biggie smalls, Dr Dre and The Game. Good rap isn't speed or skill, it's a combination of both. Fitey cent is close, but isn't at that level. Bones Thugz n harmony, have got speed but there's no soul in their music, the Same goes for Twista, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, Jadkiss etc. Tupac is to Rap as George washington is to the states. Listen to Dr Dre, Pac and Game and you'll understand.
Re: 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism?? by PoDeep(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2007
The game

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Motherland (area Acoustic) - Sound Sultan, Lyrics / Picture Of B-red Davido And Shina Rambo While They Are Younger / VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.