Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief (9226 Views)

Fraud In NBC: EFCC Recovers N10b, Set To Prosecute Ex-dg Mba, Three Others / Ojogbane Adegbe Explains His Role In N10b Gift For PDP Chiefs- The Nation / Sule Lamido’s Sons Arrested Over Alleged N10b Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gov. Jang sues ex-governor Dariye for calling him serial thief and corrupt; wants N10bn

One of the interesting elements of our democracy is that governors and presidents who are coated in the cloak of immunity nevertheless can sue anyone else as they wish. That’s one of the reasons why many have clamoured for the immunity clause to be struck out – He who can sue should himself be liable to be sued.

While Nigerians continue to await that day, the Plateau state governor, Jonah Jang, has sued his predecessor, Senator Joshua Dariye, before a Jos High Court. Jang is demanding a N10bn compensation for libel and defamation of character.

Joined in the suit is Beacon Newspapers, published in Jos, the state capital.

Jang’s suit was filed on his behalf by his counsel, Sunday Odey. He averred that Dariye had, in a newspaper interview published on June 2, 2013, libelled him by calling him a serial thief, who, along with his children and business associates, had been milking the state treasury dry.

In the said interview, Dariye had reportedly said, “Jang is the most corrupt human being you are yet to know. He has used religion and I want to be quoted, Jang is very corrupt. The author of corruption starts with Jang and ends with him. In fact, Jang can be described as the House of Eli. Eli’s children were carting away offerings brought to the alter—sacred sacrifices.”

Those words touched Jang. He said in the writ of summons that the words touched on his integrity and were defamatory to him and his reputation as the Governor of Plateau state. He said that what the publication meant that he was not capable of leadership and grossly incompetent as the governor of Plateau State and that he had an unforgiving spirit, among others.

Jang also averred that the words in the alleged offensive publication portrayed him as not only unprepared for governance, but that he was only on a revenge mission through his negative sentiments towards people from other ethnic groups.

The governor is also asking the court to direct Dariye to pay him N10bn as aggravated and general damages. The court is yet to fix the date for hearing.

Source
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Political season of anomy. cool
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by deeobserver209(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lies and lies. Where did you get it from? By the way am from Jos Plateau state.
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
deeobserver209: Lies and lies. Where did you get it from? By the way am from Jos Plateau state.

And when exactly did you become all-seeing and all-knowing?
A beg commot for road make I see better climate.

7 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by takedat(m): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
eGuerrilla: Political season of anomy. cool
I dey tell you. cheesy
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by OmerianConsult: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
Armed robbers accusing one another!!
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
Jang you wanna take my uncle's pension bah
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by MrAboki: 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
Wait o!!

WHO IS CURRENTLY TRYING TO STEAL AMAECHI's NGF MANDATE FROM HIM?!

You have no more life lines remaining..

3 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by chimchim1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
let me comment b4 reading. is he not actually a thief? is dt a news? an old man been used by some1 whom he can call my son Jonathan. anyway jona jang and Jonathan na de same
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by deeptesting(m): 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
Old age use to be a sign of wisdom and intellect when i was growing up......

2 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by bigx(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
U say I be thief? Make I show you how to Thief.
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
LMAO! See correct 'thiefry' nah grin, you want 10bn because they called you a thief.

3 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by homesteady(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
In fact, Jang can be described
as the House of Eli. Eli’s children were
carting away offerings brought to the alter—
sacred sacrifices.”
This one na very serious libel and defamation oh!! gringrin
Uncle Jonah sue him wella! He must beg you before you stop the case

1 Like

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by MAYOWAAK: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
A tale of two thieves at loggerheads
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by yuzedo: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
I remember when one Aliyu or so got elected into senate and accused his colleagues of being thieves. The guy was in the police before then and had handled the case files of most of the "honorables".

Headlines:
Half of the senators in National Assembly are thieves!!

See brouhaha na?! Threats, kasala, wahala, as in everybody para, dem go tidy d man f..uck up if him no retract him statement. YOU MUST APOLOGIZE!!!, they insisted.

Apology: Ok. Half of the senators in National Assembly are not thieves...

Chai! grin grin grin grin grin My most hilarious newspaper headline in Nigerian history! What is the difference between six and half a dozen? LOOOOL! The beautiful genius of semantics! grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Drsheddy(m): 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
grin ;DLWKMD
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by AlhajiPastor: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419

COMING BACK TO COMMENT
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Fishout(m): 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
Useless man, Gbogbo yin ni olorun ma mu.OLE NI GBOGBO YIN
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by kolado(m): 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
Thieves of the same feather flock together! Fools will always be fools! Political idiots!
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Shekson(m): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
As an ex-thief, na him sabi hau the thiefin machinery dey work. Dariye dey jealous say him no thief reach Jang. I sure say him go dey vie for anoda political office to steal from and beat Jang's record *smiles*

1 Like

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Fishout(m): 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Useless man.Na so he theif amaechi's NGF

2 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by searay(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
This adults need to be injected with 10 doses of FOOLine(antifoolishness drugs) and 50 does of CORRUPTinine for a year. If symptom persist EFCC should be consulted.

2 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by amarula(f): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
yuzedo: I remember when one Aliyu or so got elected into senate and accused his colleagues of being thieves. The guy was in the police before then and had handled the case files of most of the "honorables".

Headlines:
Half of the senators in National Assembly are thieves!!

See brouhaha na?! Threats, kasala, wahala, as in everybody para, dem go tidy d man f..uck up if him no retract him statement. YOU MUST APOLOGIZE!!!, they insisted.

Apology: Ok. Half of the senators in National Assembly are not thieves...

Chai! grin grin grin grin grin My most hilarious newspaper headline in Nigerian history! What is the difference between six and half a dozen? LOOOOL! The beautiful genius of semantics! grin grin grin grin

You speak English? Now i am in love with you

3 Likes

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by dungdusugyang(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
Bird of a feather flock 2geda tins.....,...we de wait 4 d outcom
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by machiefdaspan(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Dariye is as folish as his father.....stupid man!u most pay 4 dat nonsense......Jang is the best
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
Commentator: today‘s game will be amortal combat btw josua dariye the tall vs jonah jang the short. What weapon shall the gods bless them with? Or course them with emty hands? Dariye draws a fork, jang draws a spoon.

Let the game begin!

Let blood be spilled!

Only one RULE: only one survives.!!!!! We are watching!!!!
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by scholes23(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Suing someone for 10 Billion makes him a bigger thief

1 Like

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by baybiemee: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Then how much will the President sue for all the names Nigerians have been calling him?
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
*yawns* jang u r a thief
*dazall*
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
scholes23: Suing someone for 10 Billion makes him a bigger thief
#gbam

1 Like

Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by proudlyAfrica(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
searay: This adults need to be injected with 10 doses of FOOLine(antifoolishness drugs) and 50 does of CORRUPTinine for a year. If symptom persist EFCC should be consulted.
lmao! Guy whch one be fooline & corruptinine... E be like say u study drugs etimology....
Re: Jang Sues Ex-governor Dariye For N10B For Calling Him A Thief by miqos02(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
thief calling fellow thief in the open, that means the present gov. is not giving the former his shares of the loot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Appoints Oyetunde-Lawal As New General Manager Of LASODA / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Insurgency War Won, Buratai Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.