Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,126 members, 7,838,864 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 (19054 Views)

Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / FRSC To Impose Speed Limiting Devises On Nigerians / Lagos State To Impound Right Handed Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by sayso: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
Godson201333: The Federal Road Safety Commission in Rivers State says it will impound vehicles without the new number plates at the expiration of its October 1 deadline.

The Sector Commander, Dr. Kayode Olagunju, announced this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

Olagunju said the enforcement would begin as scheduled if the Federal Government did not extend the deadline.

He said the use of old number plate and driving licence was partly responsible for the high rate of road traffic offences.

The sector commander added that the situation had made it difficult for road safety officials to track down offenders.

Olagunju said, “The present number plate and driving licence is meant to enhance the credibility of data and it will enhance safety of lives on the highways and assist in the area of security.

“The plate is highly reflective and which means the issue of collision (accident) at night is tackled.

“The present number plate is attached to individual rather than vehicles and which means that if I’m going to sell my vehicle now, I’m not expected to sell my vehicle with my number plate.

“When people know that when they commit traffic offences and they can be easily traced due to the number plate system, definitely, the rate of traffic offences will be on the decline.”

Source :http://www.punchng.com/news/number-plate-frsc-to-impound-vehicles-oct-1/

Idiote idiota

Idiota idiote
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by metti(m): 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
shocked
ChEkWaS IyKe :
When I get my car, I can now comment. 4 now no comment.
You have already commented!!
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by NNMUU(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
LET THEM COME!!!
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by ollyruffy: 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
I hope they have acquired and cleared the land they will use to keep the vehicles including trucks cos they are on their own. Rubbish.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
When I get my car I can now comment. 4 now no comment.
God go do am for you.... Head master was once a school boy.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
I know they are gonna do a very good job as long as da dough is gonna be involved like they always do...another way to strip gullible nigerians again..what a land

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by benzion72(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
What is wrong with the present number AS 299 NRK now NRK 299 AS what is he different, GEJ is enriching his constituncy imagine the contractor that will supply the plate. All PDP policy is destructive, dont know how JONA will survive the next election
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by PrinceDudu(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
After all this bashing of the FRSC, i can see an extension of the DL coming.. cool
but make dem try reduce the money sef and i still never get chance go do the new license because the process to much.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by metti(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
tongue
mosho2good: Pls wat is plate number
The flat side of your head with the inscription O-L-O-D-O written on it.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Mubby4luv(m): 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
Wat dey ar suppose to do is,, People shuld give their old plate numbers for the new one then pay half the price for the new.
just passin sha, Rocking ma new plate number lyk white! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Eazeee(m): 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
U guys hav 2 b ready 4 d consequences of ur frequent unprovoked annoyances. I hope u wil continue 2 hang around close 2 a Police or military check point as u always do because Nigerians are tired n annoyed with u guys. Make d mistake of trying to stopp me on d high way and ur ancestors wil welcome u that moment
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by PTNL: 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
These FRSC guys must be ready for another protest cos I'm wondering how many cars they will impound and for me ooo, any of their officers that stops me, I pity his limbs cos where do they expect us to see this amount for people with 3,4,5 cars. I am sorry these guys are senseless and whoever has approved this must be ready for a fierce reactions from the masses. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Eazeee(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mubby4luv: Wat dey ar suppose to do is,, People shuld give their old plate numbers for the new one then pay half the price for the new.
just passin sha, Rocking ma new plate number lyk white! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

bro y even pay halve 2 exchange an old number u bought with ur money not on credit? Osita is just been stewpid n he think Nigerians are dumb. This same guy forcefully sold one black chip 2 b attached on our plate numbers som yrs back giving d same reasons about it containing our data n all that & even serious arrest was done in Abuja but 2day its history. After spending all d money they collected now its a new plate number that will do d magic. I hate dis guys
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by santakris(m): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
mosho2good: Pls wat is plate number
is the number of plates in your kitchen. Understand?

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by tomzman: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
FRSC should better get ready for a showdown with vehicle owners because I know many will not comply.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by avalontony(m): 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
make i hear !!!!!!
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by deeptesting(m): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
What is the procedure for procurement of the new number plate and DL and how many minutes will it take for processing? #justasking
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Speakdatruth: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
hungri pipo #spits
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by redcliff: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
[size=14pt]lol, they better go and rent the camp ground Adeboye wants to build the new 3km church otherwsise Lagos would not contain Impounded cars. I dey wait to watch. Lmao!![/size]
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Ekans: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
If this nonsense is not halted,it might trigger off the long awaited revolution.Let them try poking the poor where it really hurts.Agbayas.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by IYANGBALI: 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
Thank God i have mine already though i dont have a car yet,don,t ask me how,this is naija grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by born2boink(m): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
You go read some news for nairaland, people wey no get go nearly thank God say him no buy car but that is impossible, na our government go go bow for us.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
fallingsky: How will the new number plate and driving licence ensure the safety of road users ?

abeg na who we go ask?
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by leoweblinkblog(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
if ur car no worth 45k sell am hare see me here
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Benez: 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Guy kindly get urs @ 25k with Third Party insurance and 20k without Insurance b4 the rushing hours. Call 08023272331 and speak with a licencing officer.
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by shortgun(m): 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
I hope the FG will arm FRSC operators and provide life insurance for them cos this policy will send many of them to their early graves.

3 Likes

Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by badesco(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nadoson: How can one get the plate numba @ 45k wen his car its self does not worth up to #45 if to b sold?

haba where did you got your info from?
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by tolex34(m): 12:50am On Aug 17, 2013
If I sell my inherited VW beetle (ijapa) sef the money no go reach 4 the plate number ....lolz grin
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 17, 2013
Another useless venture
If the agency has run out of ideas,let them shut it down
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by Nadoson: 5:20am On Aug 17, 2013
badesco:

haba where did you got your info from?
How do u mean? Evn if it's 25k, dnt u knw dat some cars here in Nigeria dosn't worth 25k if 2 b sold?
Re: Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 by kabba7(m): 5:36am On Aug 17, 2013
Is dat the defence of the road safety people,this reans of theirs to ♍ƺ sound very inadequate.
Meamwhile the new plate number hs no serious difference from the once on most vehicles now its just a case of a dum ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ confused government
By the way I thought the house of Reps told those majamaja people to stop the rubbish they claim they where generation revenue for gofment!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel / Nissan Versa 2020 Transformed To Regal / Female Lagbus Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.