Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland (2609 Views)

Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know / Three Great People You Would Like To Meet. / Nairaland Members You've Met Or Would Like To Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by dridowu: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
My number 1 changes i need is dislike button and i support d op on issue 7 (comment page number)

1 Like

Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by MyPoint: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
It is very unfair that a constructive and an invaluable contribution like this one, has not been graced by Seun.

1 Like

Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by delors(m): 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
berem: I requested to change my username and seun denied the request telling me about references and popularity. Isn't that violation of my nairaland fundamental and human rights? angry
Yes, thats true. We have to sue him. $2m in damages.
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by delors(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
lorretta u: Nice one
Have been thinking of opening a thread like this,
Thanks OP
You even covered every area I thought of plus more.
Jisike smiley
Thank you my sister...we all want changes on our dear Nairaland but oga seun never considers our poor opinions. that's why the topic is being neglected to rot in this section. cry
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by baynix(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: what happened to naijapals?

Sister Waitress, NaijaPals is a failed project. They started as a Social Network to compete with FaceBook. Now they are more or less a Media Hub!

Even the Filipino Friendster failed too.

Besides, who's that mofo that's "liking" your post?? grin grin
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by baynix(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: what happened to naijapals?
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by delors(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
baynix:

Exactly!!

Indigenous Social Network is not going to work in this part of World.

See what happened to NaijaPals??

NairaLand Is A Forum !! We Likey!! cheesy cheesy

Nairaland is an indigenous forum/social forum and having the features of a vibrant social media isnt going to rmove its value in anyway. he features present now are average. we are not saying the services offered now should be scrapped, rather, it should be improved.

The name 'Nairaland' doesnt really connote a public forum for media discuss to me. From what we garnered, Nairaland was supposed to be a marketing place where Nigerians could meet online for business (like a site called Kijiji in Canada). But it evolved and became a social forum, more or less. Now, with the membership and popularity of Nairaland, it is only normal and expected that the site be improved for better performance. There is absolutely nothing wrong in keeping the features you likey and adding more and improved features IMO.
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by aluta4live: 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
baynix:

Sister Waitress, NaijaPals is a failed project. They started as a Social Network to compete with FaceBook. Now they are more or less a Media Hub!

Even the Filipino Friendster failed too.

Besides, who's that mofo that's "liking" your post?? grin grin

You must be very myopic to think Naijapals.com is a failed project, I think its still solidly contesting for top site in Nigeria, even according to alexa.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Regional/Africa/Nigeria/Society_and_Culture

Its obvious that facebook has no contest, not even myspace could make a competition, but because there is facebook does not mean people do not visit bbc and cnn or twitter and instagram - Its called "tunnel vision"
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by delors(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
'Edit Profile' on the Front page, under Nairaland doesnt make so much sense there. It should be on the user's page where stuffs like 'posts' and 'Comments' are found.

Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by delors(m): 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Everyday we see lists of birthday celebrants on Nairaland. I am just curious, how do we wish them a happy birthday? We send a message request to their emails? And it takes one week for them to confirm to receive an email from you, and then you send the birthday message two weeks after the birthday? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nairaland I hail ooo.
I would like to see a button to get the attention of a nairalander apart from the 'like' button. eg poke, unlike, hi, etc And I still keep wondering why we see 'likes' yet we dont see the 'likers' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Anonymous donations grin grin grin grin
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by akpos4uall(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Show last time edited. When a post gets edited/modified, the time the change was made should be shown.
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by delors(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
baynix: [b][size=20]Most Wanted Features:
1. Quote Notification
2. Dislike Button
3. Improved Search Box Without Google Help
4. Improved Messaging Option[/size]

=================================

The Account Closing Option should be in a form of deactivate, in which you can later activate. Am pretty sure Seun is not going to do the Permanent Account Closing feature because of some security issues. Web Developers understand better.

The Flash Feature can be Optional, most ppl surf from Mobile, and here in Nigeria, the Internet Speed can't be compared with Yankees own. So i dont see Seun improving the Graphics. Besides he can make it optional, and make this Lite Version as default.

Profile Photo beside Forum Name in threads?? Hell No!! I trust my Naija Folks, they going to misuse it with Crazy/Ditry pictures. And Moderators are going to get another Boring Task by banning Users with inappropriate photo.

Seun can change the color combination of the hyper-links though.

-Baynix
2008 SET[/b]
Yoh bro, guess what. 'DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT' button is now available on Nairaland. This is working. Yet, Mr Seun and his gladiators refuse to FP the thread so that others can add more ideas to the discussion.
Re: Changes I Would Like To See On Nairaland by onlysose(m): 10:17pm On May 17
i want to have reply button to induvidual comments

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau On Hospital Death Bed: Is He Dead Or Alive? / Things I Love About Nigeria.. / When You Post Something, And It starts An Argument In Your Comments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.