Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Africa Style Living Rooms - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africa Style Living Rooms (20907 Views)

The Fattening Rooms Of The Efik / Calabar Fattening Rooms / Fattening Rooms Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by EloquentMedia: 6:09am On Jul 09, 2014
How should a woman's room look, Homafez Designs blog tells it all. I find this interesting and feel every woman should read this. Don't miss it http://homafezdesigns.com/closeta-womans-favourite-room/
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by akraym(m): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2014
Which of the African country is this @OP. I wanna know when Africans start to dey build fire place for their house

1 Like

Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Awoofawo(m): 6:17am On Jul 09, 2014
PAGAN9JA: and btw the last pic has a real zebra skin rug. ([b] if you notice carefully[b] ).

Pagan-baba! Stop looking for Onila trouble...if she bite you this morning; you see am o!cool
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Reference(m): 7:14am On Jul 09, 2014
undecided Perhaps some parts of Africa like Rhodesia. In these parts of Africa, the real parts, no fire place, no parquet flooring and no big windows.... simply because the grotesque pieces of steel bars mounted on them popularly known as 'protectors' will make the room resemble Nelson Mandela's cell on Robben Island (an insult to madiba).....and by the way if that's real zebra hide, I have information for you Onila, we eat it all in the real Africa, meat, bone, pomo and use zebra eyelashes as toothpick. That's the real african style. Who cares about house.
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by tofam3k3(m): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2014
Babalawo Lounge.
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Sixix: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2014
Too dark undecided
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by 9jafreak: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2014
Very very classy!
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Blackteeth(m): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2014
I don't like the rooms. They rely heavily on animal products and it's gets boring. Besides, this kind of rooms will encourage animal poaching.
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by billyG(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
I heard wole soyinka house is all african furniture & items.
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
80% of those don't look African to me! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by oskaaay(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
these are captivating although not much like most African home though grin shocked grin

Note: If you are reading this and interested in visa / Travel Agent Business (individual or corporate body). Then discover the secret company established in Aviation business for years that will aid you for less than #20,000 get on 0 7 0 6 6 0 5 2 2 2 8
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by DaVinChiSam(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
Some of those rooms are found in Bogobiri
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by zurine(f): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
siplicity
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by iamord(m): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
Its nice to see this beautiful african inspired interiors.. They all look stunning.. But my concern is this.. Which country do majority of these designs come from??.What are they teaching our students in the technical colleges?? , are there courses that lay emphasis on african architecture??to understand and promote and modify african architecture ?? What comes into the mind of the average man when the hear of african styled furniture and architecture.. How can we infuse the love of taste to the average man..who is mainly concerned about the roof over is head without regards to art and beauty and sophistication ..There is lack of decisive thinking and vision in africa.. In brazil, northern africa italy etc.. Looking @ their buildings and architecture I could not help but to notice the sense of identity in their architecture and interiors..even in their ghettos and favelas .. We really need to look inwards and better the things we have.. That will then show that we r learning..we need to be unique.. Moving around lagos to accra and beyond... U can hardly see inspiring architecture and landmarks with reference to african culture and style . Its very bad
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Skillz02(m): 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
BEAUTIFUL !!![color=#550000][/color]
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by ideee03(f): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Some of them look like shrines amd too clustered...i need my space but should still have a comfy and cozy feel.Luvly themes tho.
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by domneut29: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
CHECK OUT THIS MUSIC... YOUTUBE... NEUT DOMINICS... MAMA AFRICA TO DORAH AKUNYILI
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Meh...not original enough. Africa does not have a monopoly on trees and animals,lol. For eg. when you see a chinese themed interior you just know it. These designs on this thread are generic tbph, much better can be done( certainly by a professional)
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2014
LogoDWhiz please I have an idea, i am a writer. Nigerian but studying in Uganda. Please call +256-785-075-466 tnx
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Timzy234: LogoDWhiz please I have an idea, i am a writer. Nigerian but studying in Uganda. Please call +256-785-075-466 tnx

I should call?
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 10, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

I should call?

alrite dats weird, but I dnt use the email i registered NL with, just flash, please. Thanks
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Timzy234: alrite dats weird, but I dnt use the email i registered NL with, just flash, please. Thanks

Okay.
Let's talk better...
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 10, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Okay.
Mail me on dourbest.tolu@gmail.com.
Let's talk better...
okay sir I would send a test message
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:46am On Jul 10, 2014
Timzy234: okay sir I would send a test message

Okay bro.. I've seen it..
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 10, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Okay bro.. I've seen it..
call me son, I'm 16
Re: Africa Style Living Rooms by EfemenaXY: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lovely pics, especially the conference room with the Oak brown chairs. Perfect blend of traditional and modern working seamlessly. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Being Black In The Uk And Being Black In The Us / Ajimobi Presents Certificate To Adetunji, Olubadan Of Ibadan / Fulani People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.