Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? (10099 Views)

Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free / Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? / What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by made2fit(f): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Since we are all born sinners,what becomes of autistic individuals or mentally challenged people who do not have the ability to receive Jesus as Lord? Are they doomed forever? Remember that their spirits r ungenerated or do they have automatic salvation on account of their condition? Belivers only pls.
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
It is left for whoever is trying to lead the person to Christ to first cast out the demon first and after that they can be saved.....saving them is a very technical thing....first they will have to free of the evil spirit if not the grace of God will help them.....but another thing is if they have come to the age of accountability....meaning if the can know wrong or right...if not they will not pass judgement like little babies that wont be judged.
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hi made,

God is a righteous judge and he will NEVER send anyone who is free from blame to eternal torment. If by lunatics, you mean those who genuinely do not have the capacity to tell good from bad and have lived a life for which they cannot be held for any blame then such persons will not go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by made2fit(f): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
Thanks. I ask because of this mentally challenged teenage boy in my neighborhood. He sits in front of his house all day and speaks gibberish. He was born dat way and sometimes I look at him and just wonder about his salvation.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
made2fit: Thanks. I ask because of this mentally challenged teenage boy in my neighborhood. He sits in front of his house all day and speaks gibberish. He was born dat way and sometimes I look at him and just wonder about his salvation.

If the lad was born that way and he sincerely has no knowledge of what he is doing then you shouldn't worry much about his soul cause he is closer to the gates of heaven than those of us who can tell wrong from right.

1 Like

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by omotayokay: 3:29am On Aug 17, 2013
The guy or his parents have sinned and they are reaping the fruits of their sins. Nevertheless, it maybe that the works of God be made manifest through him. Except he be healed, the guy can do but nothing when it comes to serving God hence, after his stay here on Earth, I hope God gives him another chance. If not, he will be judge according to the works of his previous life! Are you happy now?
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:17am On Sep 12, 2013
omotayokay: The guy or his parents have sinned and they are reaping the fruits of their sins. Nevertheless, it maybe that the works of God be made manifest through him. Except he be healed, the guy can do but nothing when it comes to serving God hence, after his stay here on Earth, I hope God gives him another chance. If not, he will be judge according to the works of his previous life! Are you happy now?
Can you elaborate this?
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by jayriginal: 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
omotayokay: The guy or his parents have sinned and they are reaping the fruits of their sins. Nevertheless, it maybe that the works of God be made manifest through him. Except he be healed, the guy can do but nothing when it comes to serving God hence, after his stay here on Earth, I hope God gives him another chance. If not, he will be judge according to the works of his previous life! Are you happy now?

HumbledbYGrace: Can you elaborate this?

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

John 9: 1-3

In other words, to show off

2 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by k2039: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
Heresy

3 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
check google bros undecided
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Saraben(f): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
WE CANT JUDGE NEITHER CAN WE TEL WAT WIL HAPPEN ON DAT DAY

1 Like

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by k2039: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
jayriginal:

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

John 9: 1-3

In other words, to show off
The king james puntuation are wrong.

3-4 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents. But that the works of God should be made manifest in him, I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

That's how that verse should have been written.

Check the puntuations from kjv, take away the full stop in verse 3 and put a coma there, you will get what I quoted.

The implication is that the blindness had nothing to do with God or the parents sin, then it's the devil.
1John 3vs 8.
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
So he demonstrated why he was in the world. He is the light of the world which stands for sight and he healed him.

1 Like

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by MrAboki: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yes!!

They are confirmed for Hell Fire...

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Kollins12: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
Go and ask baba GOD ,I am sure he will tell thy
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
I have no right to judge, God will do the judging. . .but anyway, I guess not.
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
He was born that way! Can't be judged
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Lilimax(f): 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
The Bible says that at the times of ignorant God over looked , but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead. (Acts 13:30-31).
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by rosamaris: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
why dont you focus on your relationship with God and leave other people to God. Is your name in the book of life?

1 Like

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Kollins12: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Go and ask baba GOD ,I am sure he shall tell thee
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by MrAboki: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi:

If the lad was born that way and he sincerely has no knowledge of what he is doing then you shouldn't worry much about his soul cause he is closer to the gates of heaven than those of us who can tell wrong from right.

I disagree..

Mental retardation is a fruit of the Devil and thus anyone that has this devil in them is confrimed for Hell.. Ask Jesus..
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
vire: It is left for whoever is trying to lead the person to Christ to first cast out the demon first and after that they can be saved.....saving them is a very technical thing....first they will have to free of the evil spirit if not the grace of God will help them.....but another thing is if they have come to the age of accountability....meaning if the can know wrong or right...if not they will not pass judgement like little babies that wont be judged.

All these pple dat claim to be religious wanting to answer questions they don't have a clue about... How can you lead a madman to christ?? And who even told you every madness is as a result of evil spirits... Instead of you to say you don't know and only God knows, you are saying rubbish.. Mtschew

10 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Mckayzee(m): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
Am i on front page? Whoa yeah!!! (in james brown voice) i feel Good yeah!!! #Skelewutins
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
@OP - I have a question for you: Since we are all born sinners, what happens to a 6 month old baby who dies without the chance to accept Jesus?

I hope the rhetorical question above drives home my point. When we are judged, it is based on the condition of our hearts. Some people may 'mouth' the salvation prayer without meaning it in their hearts. Such people can't expect to make heaven without truly repenting in their hearts.

So I believe that the mentally challenged people will be judged based on the condition of their hearts. If they were born that way - i.e. without control of their own minds then it's not likely that they'll be judged any different from a 6 month old who never got the chance to know the difference / choose between good and evil.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi: Hi made,

God is a righteous judge and he will NEVER send anyone who is free from blame to eternal torment. If by lunatics, you mean those who genuinely do not have the capacity to tell good from bad and have lived a life for which they cannot be held for any blame then such persons will not go to hell.

Better answer...

1 Like

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Austeenxx: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ask Ifa. Ifa will give you a lucid answer.
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by mamdanju: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
In Islam, there is no disagreement among the scholars over the fact that the insane person is not held responsible for his/her acts as long as he/she has that psychological disorder.
Imaam Ahmad (May Allah have mercy upon him) reported from 'Ali Ibn Abi Taalib may Allaah be pleased with him that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) said: "The pen is prevented from writing the deeds of three people (i.e. they are excused by Allaah): a sleeping person till he wakes up, a child till he reaches puberty and an insane person till he can reason".

7 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mr Aboki:

I disagree..

Mental retardation is a fruit of the Devil and thus anyone that has this devil in them is confrimed for Hell.. Ask Jesus..

Am thinking u re mentally retarded urself... I don't think its the fruit of the devil though...maybe you were knocked as soon as u were delivered..

8 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by cyril10(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
There is nothing like previous life, he came to this life once and has been living that life until he leaves this life once too.

If actually the boy was born like that and has remained like that, if he dies in that condition he died without knowing anything about sin, so the wise God knows how to take care of him.

A person can be judged by God for sin because he/she knows between good or bad and yet refused to follow the path of holiness through the Lord Jesus who died for the sin of the whole world.

4 Likes

Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Judas2013: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
cyril10: There is nothing like previous life, he came to this life once and has been living that life until he leaves this life once too.

If actually the boy was born like that and has remained like that, if he dies in that condition he died without knowing anything about sin, so the wise God knows how to take care of him.

A person can be judged by God for sin because he/she knows between good or bad and yet refused to follow the path of holiness through the Lord Jesus who died for the sin of the whole world.

slow down, i thought you people said everyone was born with sin? Are you changing it now? has the bible been updated? tell us o...
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by omotayokay: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Booked!
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by cyril10(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Truth be told, we were all born in sin, but a child that can not differentiate between good and bad can not go to hell.

Judgement is meant for those that have grown and can judge between good and bad, the real point here is that without salvation thru Jesus redemptive power, no hope of eternal life for such a person.
Re: Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thank God Terry G will finally get what he deserves grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is Ash Wednesday / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment / Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.