Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

I Just Got A Job-pls Advise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job-pls Advise (1841 Views)

I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. / I Desperately Need A Job, Pls Help Me I Beg You / should I retain or take this new job - pls advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by kreal: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
I jst got a job wit one FMCG company and dey ar sendin m for training in abroad by nxt month(sept)bt d problem is dat d salary is too funny(a litle above N40k) and I must sign 3 yrs bond.my questions are(1)can I leave d company b4 the 3yrs of d bond afta gainin experience and got a job wit anoda company without any problem. (2) if I got a job wit new company and leave, wil my new company contact the former one. Thanks
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by kkon(m): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
most def u will land urself in big trouble if u sign d bond n abscond 2 anoda coy. cos d bond is agreement so if u breach it u will be in trouble wit d law if ur coy decides to take legal action. my advice dnt do anytin u will regret take ur time n weigh ur options b4 signing urself to slavery 4 three yrs...
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by onyc: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
B4 u sign that deal, think twice oh! Hw much is 40k to spend and hw are u sure your salary would be increased in d nearest tym? Just look very well before you leap. Though there is a possibility of ur salary increasing after the training but its not certain. If you can pray, ask God also for guidance, he alone sees the end from the beginning. Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by mrking3(m): 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
If †ђξ salary is up to 60k I would advice you take it up and coupled with †ђξ fact that you would be sent Abroad for Training! Atleast that's a boost! And who knows what will come out of it afterall? Probably you may take u p a management role in †ђξ coy!! Forget †ђξ bond if †ђξ company have good prospects!! ... And pls learn when to use GOT and GET in a sentence!!!
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by prosperanyi(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
hahahahaha! bro, u should ask urself where u wanna see urself in the next 3 years. if staying with the company won't help u achieve this, just withdraw before its too late

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by kreal: 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tnx all for ur contribution...I forgot to add dis...it was stated in d offer dat if I wnt to breach d agreement before 3yrs I wil pay certain amount. Bt if I breach d agreement and pay d money...if ma present company contact dem...a dey goin to speak well of me?...pls I nid advice
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by Double27: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
kreal: Tnx all for ur contribution...I forgot to add dis...it was stated in d offer dat if I wnt to breach d agreement before 3yrs I wil pay certain amount. Bt if I breach d agreement and pay d money...if ma present company contact dem...a dey goin to speak well of me?...pls I nid advice
Are you the only person to be trained?
What area will you be trained in?
are you interested in that area? how is the company's performance? will the salary increase after your training? how is the work condition? what is the salary range of people working there already your level and above your level?
your ans might help

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by Garrithe1st: 4:24am On Aug 18, 2013
My guy a BREA5T in hand is worth 50 in the BRA..

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by kreal: 5:24am On Aug 18, 2013
W ar four dey ar sending for the training,2 mech,1 elect,1 chemical...d trainin wil b based on our field...actualy d workin environment is good nd its a good place to wrk interm of experience no doubt...bt dey dnt pay at all...imagine a university graduate dat has spent 7yrs wit dem stil earnin very litle above N100K...bt ma major concern dat I realy wnt to knw is dat if I breach d agreement nd I agree to pay d money dey ask...if ma new company contact dem...are dey goin to speak well of m? Thanks
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by Double27: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2013
kreal: W ar four dey ar sending for the training,2 mech,1 elect,1 chemical...d trainin wil b based on our field...actualy d workin environment is good nd its a good place to wrk interm of experience no doubt...bt dey dnt pay at all...imagine a university graduate dat has spent 7yrs wit dem stil earnin very litle above N100K...bt ma major concern dat I realy wnt to knw is dat if I breach d agreement nd I agree to pay d money dey ask...if ma new company contact dem...are dey goin to speak well of m? Thanks
Which country are they sending you guys for the training?

As for the agreement it depends on your relationship with them.
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2013
Hi,

If you are a graduate trainee, what should be more important for you is training. Money is important but this can be put off in the interim where you are yet to get the ideal employment.

Your training would add value to you and considering that you are into engineering, this is all the more important. Added value translates to added pay. You need not spend upto 7yrs with them. You can start looking elsewhere in your second year after you must have gained the much needed experience and training.
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by Tomoarika(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2013
Hello @Kreal. (Remember me? I been dey wit una for d induction)
I would advise you to think carefully o. I recall dat d exact amt to be re-funded if one leaves d coy within 3yrs after being sent for training was not stated (have you been told now? I bet it's going to be difficult to raise using ur salary alone).
It's obviously a great opportunity to be trained where their parent coy is (one which I wud hav loved to go for, if it weren't for d conditions)
Consider where you want to be in 3yrs. Can you get better Entry-Level Engrng offers within the period? Will you be able to pay d amt requested if you decide to leave? Will you be happy in d 3yr period?
I turned down d offer because I see myself going for my masters within d nxt 3yrs and I don't wanna be held down somewhere.
Guy, @ d end of d day, you're d one who will have to make a decision. So weigh d pros and cons well.
Wish you and the rest of d guys (Onyekus, Chigo@god, Osamede etc) all d best.
PS- Don't think you can abscond within 3yrs without paying once u sign d bond. And def your new employers will contact dem.
Re: I Just Got A Job-pls Advise by being(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's such a funny arrangement! D coy. can afford to send u abroad but can't pay wel. Wel if u think u can afford to pay d money if u decide to leave b4 3 years, no problem. - they won't contact ur new workplace- dey have nothin to gain from that!

(1) (Reply)

I Cee Technology Workshop / 2015 First Bank Nationwide Recruitment / Job Opportunity !!!! Job Opportunity !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.