Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide (24342 Views)

Don Jazzy Finally Admits He Was Wrong And Apologises To Olamide And His Fans / D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / Open Letter To Olamide On Lil Kesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by tintingz(m): 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Each artiste to his own brand...what will you say to the likes of american artiste like Lil wayne, Drake, Chris brown, Nikki minaj etc that drop singles every week?

Wizkid is also an artiste that do such, so let Olamide do is thing the more he drop hitz the more his fans grows and the more the chances to win awards.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by madjune(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
THE LAST PARAGRAPH NAILED THE POINTS. TRUE, OLAMIDE HAS A GOOD THING RUNNING AND HE COULD KILL IT WITH OVER DRIVE.
LUCKILY, HE EMBODIES THE STREET YOUTHS YAHOO SWAGGER. HE HAS MASTERED THE PIDGIN YORUBA ANGLO RAP WHICH RULES THE NAIJA BEAT PRESENTLY. B4 LONG, THE CORPORATE WORLD WILL EMBRACE HIM IN THEIR BRANDING CAMPAIGNS.

WHAT HHE SHOULD KNOW OR WHAT HIS MANAGERS SHOULD BE TELLING HIM NOW IS, NIGERIANS ARE SHALLOW MINDED. 5 OR 6 TRACKED ALBUM WITH 3 HITS AT A TIME IS WHAT HE NEEDS TO BE PUTTING OUT NOW.
15 TRACKED ALBUM IS BORING TO THE NIGERIAN.
WHEN 9ICE HIT IT, EVERYONE ONLY PLAYED GONGO ASO OR STEET CREDIBILTY. THE REST WERE IGNORED.
9ICE JUST DIDN'T FOLLOW THE FORMULA AND DROWNED US WITH MORE NOISE.
OLAMIDE, DONT FALL FOR THIS. RESTRAINT IS A VALUE.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by everG: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
''Baddo, have you heard of the point of equilibrium? That’s the point when the law of diminishing return sets in''

IT SUGGEST U DONT NO ECONOMICS
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Saintigk(m): 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
yemmy19:
Take it easy on the dude, I'm sure people like him make you to visit NL often. Atleast he wasn't abusing anyone.

Guy,have u stopped going for ur rehabilitation programme or you are taking overdose of your herb.....satan is dancing azonto on ur head,OPONU
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Witwicky(m): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Swiftlee: Olamide, who is he? I was told is Psquares second twin..is it true?

...E be like say alomo dey work 4 ur head....

....Which country u from....?
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by AdeniyiA(m): 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
any song that has no meaning,that add nothing to the purpose of existence, that dishes out gibberish, meaningless and incoherent lyrics, any song that do not glorify God but promotes hooliganism ,any song inspired by the need to satisfy and meet the yearning of this corrupt world, any song that promotes and encourages worldliness,materialism and indecency ,any song that is not thought- provoking etc will last but for a very short time and fade out, say 2yrs.
I still remember Obesere say that he was unpopular while singing meaningful and decent songs, but became famous and much loved when he started singing ASAKASA (nonsense) .
he is/was only giving the world what it loves. but the things of the world last but for a moment, seeing that most of the inspirations they get are from the devil.
on a final note, good things are hard and uncommon to find but last, while common, cheap and popularity fades with time ....
nuff said

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Olamide is becoming boring with days. I love when he came to the industry with tight rap flow. But dont really understand him when he start splitting garbage and sometime run off beat on his freestyle song. Im porting to Reminisce for street rap and vector tha viper for bar racking
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by jayceejeffrey: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
OLamide is Illuminated With Dark Powers But Still He's A Bunch Of Noise
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by planetuzor(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
tintingz: Each artiste to his own brand...what will you say to the likes of american artiste like Lil wayne, Drake, Chris brown, Nikki minaj etc that drop singles every week?

Wizkid is also an artiste that do such, so let Olamide do is thing the more he drop hitz the more his fans grows and the more the chances to win awards.

Shut up and read that article above again:::: anuofia.....

Op thumbs up jare! Let olamide copy p-quare and the way the release albums and singles...

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Tunjman(m): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
What the op fails to know is that Olamide is churning out these singles because he feels this is his time and got to do more music before he fades out.Remember there are no eternal champions in the game, only current champions and he (olamide is among the current champions) let him enjoy it while it lasts!
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by EdidemOluomo: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
sexymoma: An Oroki seller, i was told too that he has an agbalumo company in ya villa. odesin

Tell him o! Iwo were jati jati.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by lanrei(m): 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
Olamide ur creativity or copy and implementation style wil definately take u places..... but ain't no way in hell u wuld u have been so accepted if not 4.D fact dat d streets needed a quick street lyrical advocate/entertainer just immediately after d demise of d REAL BADOO of LIFE in d person of AKOGUN OMO'GUN DAGRIN CEO... more elbow to ur grease or whicheva way...
Dont need to give any advice cos im certain neither me nor u just dont care....but all i know is dat DA certify BADOOS dont make a fuss about been bad....u asked if u are a learner but truth is Yes u are and worst is u are not even a deligent one...... oya Badoo kip rocking......d world forget 2 soon RIP Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun (21 October 1987 – 22 April 2010)

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Revolva(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yomieluv: olamide,no mind am,na jealousy dey worry the writer,shun enuf music out,the more,the merrier....

am one of your biggest fan,attimes,my fiancee think am a gay,cos of the way i adore......durosoke is my ringtone now presently,and The one you sang with Morell was what i used before.

'Baddo,baddest guy eva liveth,headmaster lomo,koshe prefect,school wo loti wa?Osu,abi IFE'

Mosunmola,se omo lollypop la.
who is this nincompoo cant you read and understand properly what is jealousy about the poster opinion
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by airmark(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
lanrei: Olamide ur creativity or copy and implementation style wil definately take u places..... but ain't no way in hell u wuld u have been so accepted if not 4.D fact dat d streets needed a quick street lyrical advocate/entertainer just immediately after d demise of d REAL BADOO of LIFE in d person of AKOGUN OMO'GUN DAGRIN CEO... more elbow to ur grease or whicheva way...
Dont need to give any advice cos im certain neither me nor u just dont care....but all i know is dat DA certify BADOOS dont make a fuss about been bad....u asked if u are a learner but truth is Yes u are and worst is u are not even a deligent one...... oya Badoo kip rocking......d world forget 2 soon RIP Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun (21 October 1987 – 22 April 2010)

You are a confused person.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by iamdsam: 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
I like this open letter. Like an economists, it would get to a stage when he would be unable to offer anything because he has reached the point of diminishing returns which also applies to any other thing on earth. Hmmm... I really think Olamide should look into bringing out his songs business wise. He can learn from D'banj. If winning an award or awards is the main motive behind this, then he should rethink. You don't win awards by just releasing songs like that. The people listening to this songs need to like make these songs part of them before releasing another. As much as I love you and the unique style you got, I want you to yield to this advise if you ever come across reading this.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by tintingz(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
LesbianBoy:
This is so trueeeeeee grin grin grin grin i tot i was the only one who observed this nonsense! I have a feeling in the coming weeks olamide would release 'singles' with following title............ ''she carry front'' ft. Wande coal then another one ''she carry back'' ft. Dbanj and then another one ''she too package'' ft. Durella and then another one again ''I can't leave her'' ft. ice prince grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lolzz... This boy no serious o... O o serious ra ra grin
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by iamdsam: 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
planetuzor:

Op thumbs up jare! Let olamide copy p-quare and the way the release albums and singles...
You definitely got a point. These twins are good examples
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Msgamble: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
Taylor184: M.I all the way....Olamide is tryin sha,bt can neva be like dagrin...
Btw,nobody shuld quote dz grin grin
My guy, we got to respect da'grin for his hustle n lines..buh to say da'grin is better than olamide? It smelling..Is it because he's no more? da'grin lines n album is nowhere near d class n quality of Olamide's..am nt Olamide' fan buh he is a living legend..prefer foreign rapper(Eminem,Nas,Ludo, B.O.B) cos rap music no b our own
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Therock5555(m): 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yomieluv: olamide,no mind am,na jealousy dey worry the writer,shun enuf music out,the more,the merrier....

am one of your biggest fan,attimes,my fiancee think am a gay,cos of the way i adore......durosoke is my ringtone now presently,and The one you sang with Morell was what i used before.

'Baddo,baddest guy eva liveth,headmaster lomo,koshe prefect,school wo loti wa?Osu,abi IFE'

Mosunmola,se omo lollypop la.

na my ring tone also, dis dude is sickly on point
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Sike(m): 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
steffans: Pls who is Olamide
Baddest Guy Ever Liveth.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by tintingz(m): 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
planetuzor:

Lolzz look at this ode, why the abuse??

Like have said each artiste to his way of branding themselvs, you don't expect everybody to do the same way of business...if olamide was to copy p'square or dbanj way of realising music like waiting for 2-3 years before releasing a song or album he might loose the hunger of his fans for his music.

We can see many popular american artiste droping singles every week its because their fans are hungry for more of the artiste...and you can't compare a pop artist like D'banj, P'square and 2face to a rap artiste like Olamide.

Let Olamide do his thing his fans can drop him if he waits for 2-3 years before realising another hitz he has not yet become a mighty celeb another artiste can hijack his popularity from him.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by jiggaz(m): 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
OP thank u for dis post.... I thought i was the only one dat shared dis opinion. Olamide, with d way u are releasing songs left right & centre, u will fade quickly. Cos fans will tire easily of ur songs. Ovie of notjustok.com said dis sometime ago on twitter too. I dont know whether Olamide has a business manager cos he really need one. He need to be making soo much money from his singles but he doesnt give those songs enough chance before releasing another one. If u look at ''Voice of the street'', it seems like an old song now but it isnt cos he flooded the market with soo many new materials. A good hiphop song like ''Voice of the street'' would have given him a mainstream relevance in Africa had it been he focused sorely on it & promoted it well. And with dat very good video by MattMax, Olamide would have been a continental star by now. Look at P Square, when they release a single, they give it enough time to reign & when dat single is about fading off, they will now shoot a very good video for it and it will start reigning again!! And dis translates to countless shows in Nigeria, Africa & Overseas. Alingo single is a testimony. I hope Olamide read dis letter dat the OP wrote him. He's a true fan & am his fan too. My One Naira contribution.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by baslone: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
4 POST in 2 WEEKS and I hit front page 3 times!!! grin grin
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by shejane: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
alaoeri:
So u carry front & back, let us see/feel it now.
come fEel am na lolz
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Swiftboy(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Well the same is true for artists like Wizkid&Davido...yes truth be told, the street music don tire some of us! The music industry is getting boring with artists releasing same type of songs over and over again. Most of em are meaningless! Yes commercial brings food to the table,but truth is just like in nutrition, entertainment is not stereotyped! Let Olami de come out with a solemn song for e.g people will appreciate it. Davido came out with skelewu and damn am irritated by the title self! I love to dance,but I want a song that can connect with my I.Q go ask the street they'll prolly say the same! My point is; the music industry should not over bore us with meaningless music alone cos its becoming burdensome!
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Msgamble: My guy, we got to respect da'grin for his hustle n lines..buh to say da'grin is better than olamide? It smelling..Is it because he's no more? da'grin lines n album is nowhere near d class n quality of Olamide's..am nt Olamide' fan buh he is a living legend..prefer foreign rapper(Eminem,Nas,Ludo, B.O.B) cos rap music no b our own
Olamide is more like a freestyler but dagrin sings Good rap.......#teamDagrin.....
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by redcliff: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
ejifranks: i beg to disagree... Just like the OP reasoned, releasing too much songs at close intervals has a greater adverse effect on an artiste... There are songs that would just swallow up the glory of other songs which would have done well.. also the rate of promo per song will be affected and many good songs might not be even heard at all.. moderation is the key.... Build your brand on consistency with a bit of anticipatory touch on your fans and listeners

But consistency is what olamide is giving to us right now...he shouldn't drop anything for 6months and see what happens to him. That's when one small boy from nowhere would just crop up and collect his shine..
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by gtassure: 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=Adeniyi A.]any song that has no meaning,that add nothing to the purpose of existence, that dishes out gibberish, meaningless and incoherent lyrics, any song that do not glorify God but promotes hooliganism ,any song inspired by the need to satisfy and meet the yearning of this corrupt world, any song that promotes and encourages worldliness,materialism and indecency ,any song that is not thought- provoking etc will last but for a very short time and fade out, say 2yrs.
I still remember Obe @Adeniyi A. It doesnt matter whether the song preach values or not they always fade away. Be it gospel, muslim hit song or secular. One thing is true though. Good music is 4 posterity go check out! Bottomline music is an art. music is music! Shikena!
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Youngtekkey(m): 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Badolee u are on a point
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Swiftlee: Olamide, who is he? I was told is Psquares second twin..is it true?
Ha ha
So funny i forgot to laugh undecided
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by paramajit: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Olamide no dey find award...he no dey drag for best rapper like dat yeye boi Vector...erson wey gud gud dem no nid spend too much b4 we sabi say e gud.Olamide kip dropping and encourage d street cos u r d voice of the street abi e get time wey u dey stop hustle abegi free Olamide jooorr n face ur business
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by tunergy(m): 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
steffans: Pls who is Olamide

Pls who is Steffans

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Wins Best African Act At 2018 MTV Ema's / Free Beat Download (suitable 4 Rap/afro Hip Hop/ R & B ) / Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.