Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,737 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide (24329 Views)

Don Jazzy Finally Admits He Was Wrong And Apologises To Olamide And His Fans / D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / Open Letter To Olamide On Lil Kesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by baslone: 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
REALLY ON POINT!!!

Hi Olamide,

I am a fan of yours and I have followed your growth from the days with ID Cabasa and the Coded Tunes crew, to your days under Toni Payne‘s management. Parting ways with her was quite risky but I felt it was a move worth making as you needed a fully dedicated management to grow your career. That move paid off and you’re now better off for it.

Pitching your tent with 1805 Entertainment, your immense talent and the void left by Dagrin‘s demise meant only one thing – A top spot for you! I am glad you fit in perfectly. A bolder move to start YBNL Nation and you going ahead to drop your second album on the YBNL Nation/1805 Entertainment imprint was another risky move that still paid off. At that point, I knew the ‘god of music’ was behind you.

Though it wasn’t so surprising to see the street embrace the album cos of it quality street wise content, the rate at which the ‘butties’ accepted you too was alarming. People preached the YBNL gospel and gladly talked about how good the album was. Even my cool friend Fola Alade became an advocate of ‘Razz being the new Cool’, no thanks to you. But while we where enjoying Jale, Street Love, Jesu O kola, Stupid Love, First of All, Ilefo Illuminati amongst other beautiful songs, dear Olamide, you unconsciously killed the album!

Yes, you unfortunately killed it by releasing too many materials not so long after the album dropped and you shifted our attention off the album. To make matters worse, some of these songs were not half as good as the songs on the album and they also were not well promoted, Confession, Tonto Dike, Baddest Nigga That ever liveth, e.t.c. Needless to say that some were also really good, cos some of us still have Turn Up and Durosoke topping our playlists.

Baddo, have you heard of the point of equilibrium? That’s the point when the law of diminishing return sets in. It happens to everything and everyone. In simple terms, it’s the point where you get to the peak, have nothing extra to offer and the drop starts. To some, the drop might not be deep while to some, they would never rise to that point again. Unfortunately, this happens a lot in the music industry. While we agree that you are HOT at this moment and the inspiration is much, brother, please do not wear yourself out. Ma le ara e ni ere.

Truth is when you saturate the market with too many materials, we get tired easily, we don’t pay full attention to them and the songs end up not getting as much love as they should. Keep recording, keep saving them in the cloud and don’t push too many songs within a short period. Let the fans yearn for more, let us savour the goodness of some of what you already have.

On a final note, I love the way your personality is gradually evolving ‘cos building a brand of yourself should be beyond your music. I foresee a near future where corporate brands that want to connect with the streets would come to you, simply because you are the link between the streets and the corporate world. A celebrated grass to grace story. The true voice of the streets.

http://thenet.ng/2013/08/opinion-baddo-lee-easy-does-it/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

33 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Osadhody(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
Thats true but leave him let him drop what he wants to drop,don't you know he is working for the next award
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by airmark(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
Really on point. He should not go the way of 9ice.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by d1twista(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nice write up.... I just hope and wish Olamide sees this.. Nice effort bro you are a true fan.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by mrcassanova(m): 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
Easy does it Olamide.. You need the materials when the songs are drying up not everything at once.

http://infolodge.net/blog/blog/2013/08/17/open-letter-from-a-passionate-fan-to-olamide/
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Aromas: 11:11am On Aug 20, 2013
Wow!!!! What a nice letter
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by blayz0923: 11:11am On Aug 20, 2013
good one, 6th to comment. grin
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Jaywilzee(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
YBNL baba iya eyan....
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Christmasdon(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
.another lie we will soon read is Olamide's response to this letter.
Nansense.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
*yawns* undecided

NEXT!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by steffans(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
Pls who is Olamide

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2013
I thought i was the only one tired of hearing him. He should chill already, like the poster said, "let the fans yearn for more".

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by wheesin(m): 11:13am On Aug 20, 2013
First and foremost....i want to thank Jah aka God for creating me and my hands plus finger that am using to type...baba u toomuch....second of all i want to thank my dear padi..KII KEYBOARD for encouraging me even when nairalanders were always bfore me....ese....i also want to thank airtel for the awesome speed it gave me to move on even .wen mtn said no...airtel said yes.,..and lastly...i want to thank mum and dad for purchasing dis fone and for BORNING me....

I knw u mit be wondering.....wat is STRONG wit dis boy....wat is he thanking for...but u knw wat...i made front page in my month august....am so HARPIC...GOD BLESS ME WITH MORE FPAGE BLESSINGS AND UNLIMITED data...Amin

Ohhhh ? I forget....olamide chillax with ur songs.....ur latest track FUJI GARBAGE IS A GARBAGE AND MEANLESS...ESE...??

16 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2013
Whatever, just make sure you spend wisely, and please, curse less. Our kids listen to your lyrics!

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2013
M.I all the way....Olamide is tryin sha,bt can neva be like dagrin...
Btw,nobody shuld quote dz grin grin

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by 100ksalescom(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2013

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by ejifranks(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Good advice....... Music is a business (forget all the talk about singing because you love singing)and must be treated as such with the market forces of demand and supply, diminishing returns to scale etc fully in consideration....

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Thesame can be said of wizkid.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2013
olamide,no mind am,na jealousy dey worry the writer,shun enuf music out,the more,the merrier....

am one of your biggest fan,attimes,my fiancee think am a gay,cos of the way i adore......durosoke is my ringtone now presently,and The one you sang with Morell was what i used before.

'Baddo,baddest guy eva liveth,headmaster lomo,koshe prefect,school wo loti wa?Osu,abi IFE'

Mosunmola,se omo lollypop la.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Swiftlee(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Olamide, who is he? I was told is Psquares second twin..is it true?
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Okijajuju: 11:17am On Aug 20, 2013
YBNL... Only BB grin

C.E.O of Industreets..
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2013
make una dey there dey write useless letter jobless people! the the yung lad is making millions out of your yeye letter. person nor release song na problem if he release na problem nawa o

the eediot writing this gibberish could be probably twice their age anu pam
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by nerodenero: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2013
d1twista: Nice write up.... I just hope and wish Olamide sees this.. Nice effort bro you are a true fan.
Well said bro. Still waiting if any fan will ever write an open letter to Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by redcliff: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2013
airmark: Really on point. He should not go the way of 9ice.

[size=14pt]Olamide's case an Nice's case are different. Olamide drops hit tracks while Nice or kini oruko e, lost focus and started singing crap song. Op I agree with you to some point but disagree that the release of alot of song within short periods would kill the "olamide" brand. That was what built the "olamide" brand instead. Olamide's story is the definition of a nobody working his way to the top without the help of anyone. At this stage he is he has to still remain relevant. Only a P-square can wait for 2 years and release an album or a song and people would still embrace them. Olamide cant do that..[/size]

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by dridowu: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2013
Born again ti o wo mojo...........................
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Fadelex(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2013
true talk... d guy should cool down... dat reminded me of a certain artist named morachi, his hit single 'hapuya like dat' was d rave of d moment and people were anxiously waiting for his album, but when d guy go wound himself, d album consisted of 18 tracks, dis move killed his career and he never recovered... olamide should learn from p- square how to stay relevant
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by shejane: 11:21am On Aug 20, 2013
Anoda true fan lyk me, bro u said it all, I was reasoning d same tin, olamide my man easy does it. Cheers

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by shejane: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2013
I love olamide nd I kw he wil read dis

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by shejane: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2013
Silly love na my best song cos I me mysef too package wella

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by alaoeri: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2013
Nice advice guess same is applicable to wizkid dropping new music every 3weeks.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by Elxandre(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2013
tell wizkid this pls..
sweet potato was just on the market he then overshadowed it with jaiye jaiye..and no video for his songs too..
do these guys have advisers at all?
exactly the way 9ice destroyed himself with too many albums. thats the way these young singers are going!
Have you guys heard of Psquare, 2face & dbanj? How many singles has psquare dropped this year?
When dbanj was on fire, you could count all his songs..
I dont even bother listening to their crap singles anymore..
Imagine wasting that chance to sing with wale with a crap joint. When he coulda saved a better song e.g "the matter"for the main moment.
Re: An Open Letter From A Passionate Fan To Olamide by sexymoma(f): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2013
steffans: Pls who is Olamide
An Oroki seller, i was told too that he has an agbalumo company in ya villa. odesin

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

D’banj “king Don Come” Album Grabs The #1 Spot On Itunes [photo] / Brekete Family Founded By Amed Isah: Nigerians turn to Radio station For Justice / Tiwa Savage Wins Best African Act At 2018 MTV Ema's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.