Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

My Friend And I - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Friend And I (1628 Views)

The President's Daughter And I {by Vict-vames} / I Slept With Prof. For My Friend To Graduate, And She Did Same For Me To Fail / My Aunt And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
~Chapter one~

(Sophia Davis narrates)
'I am 18 and i dont have a boyfriend.God i am so worried,' Sandra exclaimed.

I jerked awake, Sandra had interrupted "my precious afternoon nap" as i call it. I was not surprised because sandra does that each time she comes to visit me. Without knocking she would burst in and exclaim whatever that was bothering her. Sandra and i had been friends for like ever. We had been classmate since primary school. People mistook us for twins because we looked very much alike. We were tall, fair and pretty. Yes we were pretty. People told us. But Sandra had a perculiar eye that can make your fall for her instantly.

'That makes two of us, but that shouldn't be the reason for interrupting my nap,'i added. 'But am so worried about this. I mean everyone has a boyfriend including you,'sandra pouted.'Ha! You shouldn't call that one a boyfriend, kelvin is an id**t and we are just friends," i corrected her.

I Don't like it when people call him my boyfriend. I mean i would seriously not be dating that kind of guy.
'Sophia you are such a terrible liar.Well i have heard that a lot. But remind me why you were kissing the id**t the other day?'sandra asked rolling her eyes.

Yes she was right. I kissed kelvin but it just happened. That day was the last day of our WAEC examination and i was happy to have concluded a very stressful examination.i was high...no...maybe a little high.i was talking to him and his lips appeared cute that day..so..

2 Likes

Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
Pls pls my lovely Nigerians what do u think about my story so far
Re: My Friend And I by IZUKWU(m): 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
nkem21: Pls pls my lovely Nigerians what do u think about my story so far
hmmm good, but go on and tell your story first,do not be too worried about criticism and you will only get better with time and practice. Waiting for more updates from you
Re: My Friend And I by yemi2plus(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
It look non-fictional.#following
Re: My Friend And I by Anyi3(m): 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
keep going
but try using quotation marks and paragraphs to help us read easier
Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
~cont.
"Stop!... i just wish you would stop doing that," i shouted at Sandra. "Doing what Sophia?" she asked looking surprised. "Rolling your eyes like an owl," I replied walking to the balcony.

"Sorry but i mean Kelvin is hot and cute. I don't understand why you get upset each time i talk to you about Kelvin. something is not right between you two. I wish i had kelvin for myself." "Be careful what you wish for sandra," i said sitting down on one of the old rickety chairs in the balcony.

The set of chairs were the old furniture which had been in the sitting room but was later transferred to the balcony when my father redecorated our sitting room. The velvet coverings on the cushions were old and the springs have already reached their breaking point. The velvet was so torn that a look at it would make a stranger think there had been a dog war on the cushions.

"So what are you wearing for V.S?," I asked changing the topic. V.S was the following week. It was a service done for graduating students in my school.

"Thats one secret i will never tell," sandra replied. "Oh you won't tell even me?" i demanded in disbelief. I couldn't belief she wouldn't tell me. "I am your best friend.Come on Sandra we are like sisters," I said. "No way, i am not telling," She insisted.

"Fine just remember the colour code is blue and black," I murmured. "Yes, i know i just want it to be special.You know... i want everybody to be surprised like wow!!...when they see me that day," she laughed. "Well thats your problem. I think i will go with just a touch of blue. Maybe that black gown i wore to Alex's funeral would do". "No way!" Sandra shouted. "That day should be a happy day. You are not wearing your funeral dress to your V.S. No you are not," Sandra said with disgust.

Well she wouldn't understand my situation. My parents weren't financially stable. My father being a retired Engineer and my mother a secondary school teacher made things hard for the family.

"I have to go and think of what to wear then," I murmured. "Keep on thinking I'm outta here," Sandra said getting up. "I have to go and get my dress from the dry cleaner and you are so not invited," she walked out in her usual catwalk step. "Just remember we are going to the saloon on tuesday," i shouted after her.

"If only my parents can provide the money by tuesday. I asked my mother for the previous night but she told me to be patient. Patient?. V.S is on thursday the following week," i thought

My phone rang interrupting my thoughts. When i looked at the caller I.d it was Kelvin.~

2 Likes

Re: My Friend And I by Anyi3(m): 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
nice...now more easier to read
You can still clean it up better for instance your thoughts shouldn't be in quotation
but still welldone
Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Anyi.:
nice...now more easier to read
You can still clean it up better for instance your thoughts shouldn't be in quotation
but still welldone
Thanks.
Re: My Friend And I by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
I like de story oo...grabs a chair, drops ps2 pad, plugs his mobile fone
watelse[color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Omagzee: I like de story oo...grabs a chair, drops ps2 pad, plugs his mobile fone
watelse[color=#990000][/color]
Wow...thanks
Re: My Friend And I by babyzai(f): 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
Interesting!!!
Re: My Friend And I by olekubaby: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
nice as i read along. waiting for next update
Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2013
"Hello dear," Kelvin exclaimed. God just the sound of his voice made me nauseous. He always shouts. I couldn't understand why he can't talk like a normal person. He doesn't talk like a student rather he talks like an omata guy. Yes he is one of the richest guy in my school but he is not my type. He is too noisy and i love gentlemen and Kelvin isn't gentle at all.

"Hi," i replied pretending to be excited. "How are you doing Sophia?" he asked. "I'm kul and you" "I am fine.How is everyone?" he asked. "Everyone is doing great," i answered. "How are you?" he asked again. "I am fine kelvin. I just said that. Is everything okay?" i froned.

"Okay. i just called to check on you. To know if you are doing anything this weekend. You could come over or should i come"

"No!...,"i shouted. I couldn't help it. The thought of seeing him again after the kiss. Actually i haven't seen him since then. "Why are you shouting?" he demanded. "I am sorry but my parents will be at home and i will be busy. Maybe next week okay?" i lied.

"Sunday then?" he asked "What? No i just said i will be busy," i answered. "What are you doing?" he asked "I have some stuff i will do for my mom," i replied "stuff? what kind of stuff?" he demanded. "Must you know everything. Its personal okay. Just call me next weekend," i sighed. "Okay whatever," he said and the line went dead. Thank God he didn't pressure me more because i would have lost it.I decided then to stop picking his calls but that would do more harm. He could just show up at my house.

My thought went back to the upcoming V.S. I thought of asking Kelvin for the money. But he is a very cunning guy. He must want something in return and Kelvin is the kind of guy you wouldn't want to owe. If you owe him, he must do everything possible to make you pay. I could trick him i told myself. But that would require planning.

END OF CHAPTER ONE.
Chapter Two coming soon.
Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2013
~CHAPTER TWO~
(Sophia Davis narrates)
"Here is the list of things you will buy," Mum said handing me over a piece of paper. I hated going to market especially after walking up to 3 miles by going up and down our stairs fetching water. I took the list and went to dress up.

After dressing up i took one last look at the mirror. I loved what i saw. Oval face, small pointed nose that you would love to touch, well shaped lips, 5ft tall, fair but not too fair. That was me.I wore a red tank top and blue jeans with a black jacket. My dressing didn't appear rich but i was cute.

I went to the market and bought everything on the list quickly. Getting out of the market was a problem. Barrow pushers and commercial bike riders blocked my way. As i was struggling to come out of the market i heard someone calling my name. I looked back and it was Amaka Okoye, one of our class sluts.

1 Like

Re: My Friend And I by BLUEGYENS: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nice one nkem buh still incompete.
Re: My Friend And I by aprilwise(m): 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
It's a nice story line. Keep d gud work up hope to read update soonest.
Re: My Friend And I by simdam500(m): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
never knew it hot here, ride on girl am following you like twitter.... *takin d front sit, eating pop corn and sitting next to a big asssxx lady* lolllzzz
Re: My Friend And I by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
interesting piece,more plzzzz
Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 3:56am On Aug 23, 2013
I was surprised to see Amaka in the market. I didn’t know bitches go to market.

“Amaka hey. How far?” I asked her. “I am cool and you,” she replied. “Amaka I am really surprised to see you here I didn’t know you go to market,” I said without hiding my amazement.

“Oh no. I went to see my boyfriend he has a boutique here. He sells designers like L V, chanel and all that you know. Oh he gave me this,” she brought out a bag and showed me. ”Wow! It is nice. You are lucky,” I said checking out the bag. The bag was really cute.

“Yes I am lucky. Its designers by the way,” she continued. “really?” I asked pretending to be excited. I knew she was lying. Everybody knows Amaka. She lies and brags about everything.

She would buy used items popularly known as okirika and go about telling everybody her brother in U.S.A sent it or she would say her imaginary boyfriend bought it for her. Sandra had caught her on one occasion when she was buying okirika by the road side. She took pictures of her. Trust Sandra whenever she says something she loves to prove it. Back at school Amaka was flaunting the same clothes telling everybody she bought it in a boutique at high prices. Sandra exposed her that day. She brought the pictures and showed everyone. It was the talk of the school for a whole year. I thought she would change after the incident but it got worst.

“Yes he said the actual price is 12 thousand. This bag is really cute. I think I’m gonna use it for V.S or maybe the other one my brother in U.S.A sent,” Amaka continued but I wasn’t listening to her. My mind was on how I was going to get money for V.S.
“Did you hear what I said?” Amaka demanded bringing me back to reality. I had forgotten she was walking beside me. “I am sorry what did you say?” I asked. “I was asking you what you will wear for V.S but since it appears you are busy with your brain and I have some more shopping to do so.bye,” she walked away.

I was relieved she left when she did because her continuous chattering was beginning to bother me and I didn’t feel comfortable when she started talking about V.S.
Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2013
~~SANDRA MAX NARRATES~~
I was thinking of my conversation with Sophia as I walked out of her house that day. She had insisted on knowing what I will be wearing for V.S. I knew she wanted to beat me again. That was exactly what she did last year at Amaka’s birthday party. I trusted her and showed her my dress. The day of the party, she wore a better dress than mine. She had changed her dress. Sophia was the center of attention that day. I later asked her why she changed her dress and she said she loved the one she was putting on better. I felt really bad that day.

Sophia has everything that I had ever wanted, the attention, good looks and boys. Still the little attention which I could get she would always try to take that from me. I had made up my mind that V.S would be different. I chose a very special dress that no one can ever find in the market. I asked my uncle to help me and buy the material when he travelled to china. The material was an expensive blue silk embroided with black lace. I had to travel to Lagos to find a designer that would design the dress for me. Before travelling I told everybody that I was sick, nobody knew I travelled. Those that came to visit me my mom told them as we planned that I wouldn’t see anyone. I later got the perfect design it was a short tube gown with a large bow at the back. The bow was so large that it looked like wings.

While I was walking out of the dry cleaner’s shop with my dress I met Kelvin. I was so happy to see him. I have had a crush on Kelvin since the first day I saw him. It was in our ss 1. He was the new kid in school. He was brought into our class by the principal. I looked at him and our eyes met that was when I fell in love with him. But ever since then he hardly notice me rather he likes Sophia. Kelvin is a handsome guy, he is dark, tall and he has a masculine body that can make any girl fall for him. His lips were thin and nicely shaped. He looks really cute with his haircut. Galaxy they call it. Kelvin moves with dangerous people. He deals on drugs and does bad things. I guess that was why Sophia doesn’t like him or maybe she was just pretending. But for me I have been trying to get his attention since then. Maybe this might be my opportunity I thought as I walked towards him.

“Hey Kelvin,” I said giving him my sweetest smile. “Sandra,” he replied. “You are going to pick up your tux I guess,” I said still smiling. “No it’s my father’s,” he answered. “Wait for me. I would love to talk to you about something,” he told before going inside the shop. I couldn’t believe it. Kelvin Johnson said he would love to talk to me. God I must be dreaming. Don’t wake me up please.

I waited for like 30 minutes but I wasn’t bothered because it’s Kelvin Johnson we are talking about here.

“Come on Sandra I will give you a ride,” he said when he came out of the shop. I followed him to his car. It was a navy blue Honda accord. The interior was white. The seats were made of white leather. The ride was cool, we talked about many things. Throughout the conversation I was still wondering what he wanted to talk to me about.

“So Kelvin what was it you wanted to talk to me about?” I asked him finally. My heart was pounding. “Oh it’s about Sophia,” he said. I was disappointed. “What about Sophia?” I asked making my face expressionless. “How is she? She didn’t sound happy the last time I spoke to her,” he said. “She looked happy the last time I saw her,” I said. “When was this?” he asked.

“This afternoon when I went to her house she was excited. I think she had a date with someone,” I lied. “Today?” he smirked. “Yes.”
“How can she have a date with someone else? Dammit! She is my girlfriend,” Kelvin was getting upset. “Calm down Kelvin you know Sophia doesn’t like you,” I said. “How can you say that? You saw what happened the day after our exams,” Kevin was really upset. His hands on the stirring were unsteady and I thought he would lose control of the car.

“Kelvin Stop! Stop the car right now. Please just stop!” I shouted at him. He stepped on the brakes with force and brought the car to a halt, I could hear the screeching of the tires. He was breathing very hard. I sighed, “She kissed you that doesn’t mean she likes you.” “No. that’s not possible. Who is the guy she is seeing?” he asked. The look in his eyes told me he was ready to murder the guy. “I don’t know,” I replied with unsteady voice. “What do you mean you don’t know,” he demanded. “She refused to tell me. She said she wanted to keep it secret,” I lied.
“Okay. Sandra I need your help.” “No Kelvin I don’t want to get in the middle of this. You two should deal with your problem i’m outta here,” I said without waiting for him to say what he wanted me to do. I couldn’t listen to him talk about Sophia anymore. I got out of the car and walked away. I couldn’t believe I waited under the heat of the sun in front of the dry cleaner’s shop for this trash. It was all about Sophia.
As I walked home I felt something warm on my cheek. It was tears. I was crying.

1 Like

Re: My Friend And I by simdam500(m): 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
Followin gal... *gud lord let nkem post anoda*sayin as i walk majestically outa thread*

1 Like

Re: My Friend And I by nkem21(f): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2013
simdam500: Followin gal... *gud lord let nkem post anoda*sayin as i walk majestically outa thread*
*subscribing* wil post soon

(1) (Reply)

Return Of SIRNOEL... Part One / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 7 / The Rossy Lifestyle Of Pyunskid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.