Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? (14300 Views)

Is Heaven Really Pure & Without Sin? / Christianity Without Sin / How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by DrGboy(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2013
Considering the high degree of pervertness and immorality in the world today, I really ask myself if it is actually possible to live a completely sinless life at least even for a month ( without jealousy, contempt, lies, bitterness , anger e.t.c)

I wonder if it is actually possible ?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2013
dnt tink its possible...even d bible said '4 al hv sinned n fall short ov his glory'...nd it also say's in anurda portion 'nt 1 is free 4rm sin, no nt 1'...FIRST 2 COMMENT 4 D 3RD TIME IN A WEEK...WHU NIDS AN AUTOGRAPH? grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Drseno1(m): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2013
booked
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by ChibeKs(m): 9:35am On Aug 18, 2013
eccl 7 : 20 shuld ansa ur question

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by enilove(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2013
It is possible and it has to be ,for anyone that wants to make heaven.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect".

The Bible also says in Hebrews 12:14
"Follow peace with all men , and HOLINESS, without which no man shall see the Lord".

The way out is to do away with the works of the flesh and allow the Holy Spirit to control your life as we can read in Galatians 5:19-21
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall NOT INHERIT the kingdom of God."

When you bcome born again and you are determined to follow Gods conmandments, although it is not easy, the fruits of the Holy Spirit will manifest in your life and you will be able to make heaven as written in
Galatians 5:22-24
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts".

It is a matter of determination, except someone who has decided not to make heaven.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by mrofficial(m): 9:53am On Aug 18, 2013
It's a difficult thing nowadays. Look at our surroundings, things we see, hear and all...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by haibe(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2013
Babiloko: dnt tink its possible...even d bible said '4 al hv sinned n fall short ov his glory'...nd it also say's in anurda portion 'nt 1 is free 4rm sin, no nt 1'

Very obvious you don't understand simple verse of the bible.

The bible says All have "sinned" and fall short of the glory of god' The word sinned' is obviously past tense, the bible is simply telling us we have sinned at least once in our life not that we will continue to sin.

The bible says There is none righteous, no not one(rom 3:10), this scripture including subsequent verses were only pointing how we were sinners in the past and that we need a saviour, note it says "it is written there is none righteous..." these verses were simply describing the past.

As christians, the fact remains that we are to live without sin as long as we have not fallen short of God's grace that helps us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts.

A christian is dead to sin and alive to holiness, the death and resurrection of Jesus being the emblem of this, so many scriptures makes us know that "He that sinneth hasn't known christ, is of the devil..etc.

Yes, we make mistakes at times and fall into sin by our carelessness. But that doesn't mean its imposible to live without sin, so many other people are not living their life carelessly that may lead to sin, the bible says "flee every appearance of evil", some of us don't and that's why we fall into sin but some experienced christians do know the consequence, that's why we should all grow from being a babe in christ to grown up men and women.

It is possible to live without sin by the help of the Holy spirit as long as you remain obedient to his leading, not everyone is sinning, irrespective of the worldliness in our generation, God who helped the apostles still remains the same and is capable of helping us too, you need faith that you will overcome temptation no matter the situation and environment, without this faith, everyone will continue to reason like the op, saying we can't live without sin is simply under-rating the power of the Holy spirit.

"Be ye perfect even as your heavenly father in heaven is perfect(matt 5:last verse)
"Be ye holy, for i am holy"
"Shall we continue in sin that grace may aboud, God forbid"

20 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by haibe(m): 10:20am On Aug 18, 2013
ChibeKs: eccl 7 : 20 shuld ansa ur question

Definitely at that time, the past unless it would contradict the sinless life of Jesus.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Provie(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2013
The Holy Bible: it has got support for whichever view u want to take; I hope someone does not kil d other in dis thread.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2013
haibe:

The bible says All have "sinned" and fall short of the glory of god' The word sinned' is obviously past tense, the bible is simply telling us we have sinned at least once in our life not that we will continue to sin.

The bible says There is none righteous, no not one(rom 3:10), this scripture including subsequent verses were only pointing how we were sinners in the past and that we need a saviour, note it says "it is written there is none righteous..." these verses were simply describing the past.

As christians, the fact remains that we are to live without sin as long as we have not fallen short of God's grace that helps us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts.

A christian is dead to sin and alive to holiness, the death and resurrection of Jesus being the emblem of this, so many scriptures makes us know that "He that sinneth hasn't known christ, is of the devil..etc.

Yes, we make mistakes at times and fall into sin by our carelessness. But that doesn't mean its imposible to live without sin, so many other people are not living their life carelessly that may lead to sin, the bible says "flee every appearance of evil", some of us don't and that's why we fall into sin but some experienced christians do know the consequence, that's why we should all grow from being a babe in christ to grown up men and women.

It is possible to live without sin by the help of the Holy spirit as long as you remain obedient to his leading, not everyone is sinning, irrespective of the worldliness in our generation, God who helped the apostles still remains the same and is capable of helping us too, you need faith that you will overcome temptation no matter the situation and environment, without this faith, everyone will continue to reason like the op, saying we can't live without sin is simply under-rating the power of the Holy spirit.

"Be ye perfect even as your heavenly father in heaven is perfect(matt 5:last verse)
tanx
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2013
haibe:

hep me tel her o
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by 190theclown: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2013
uhmm yeah grin

i havent sinned in over 4 marketdays now

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
embarassed
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Its impossible but we can work towards perfection.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Freiburger(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
No, it is not possible, we live above sin through his grace.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by koolet: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
In this present world...Live without sin ........U wan DIE?? undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
No. We all need God's grace in order to stay away from sin.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by bankyc: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
Me no be sinner boy, i jst dey manipulate the truth.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Kslib(m): 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
Of course its possible, only if your name is JESUS ...
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Nobody can live without sin.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by TeenageMoney(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God...

No exception...

No man is without sin...

Therefore, Its not Possible...
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by imsuboi(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
kiss

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Kslib(m): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
Imanuelle: Religion is never a problem , but when it becomes a threat to human lives, it should be frowned upon.
Dear Pastor Lazarus, I have always marveled at the zeal with which your members fly their flags and rep you., one of your top gear-flag-flying busses knocked down a friend of mine. He is presently in the mortuary.
What exactly do we call this sort of madness?
I am short of words on what to tell you. But I am so pissed !
It's a shame . You are supposed to be good examples.
THE LORD's CHOSEN has caused this mess!
RIP chinemerem!
Oouch,sorry for your loss bro.. Take heart ..
Its not easy to loose a friend esp through how you just lost yours.. Take heart..
All izz well!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Omobarca: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
No
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yep I never sin embarassed
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Grace
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Omobarca: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Imanuelle: Religion is never a problem , but when it becomes a threat to human lives, it should be frowned upon.
Dear Pastor Lazarus, I have always marveled at the zeal with which your members fly their flags and rep you., one of your top gear-flag-flying busses knocked down a friend of mine. He is presently in the mortuary.
What exactly do we call this sort of madness?
I am short of words on what to tell you. But I am so pissed !
It's a shame . You are supposed to be good examples.
THE LORD's CHOSEN has caused this mess!
RIP chinemerem!
grin sorry ehn. But millions die by road accident daily, and how does it being a church vehicle make it different? grin is it driven by jesus? Haba!
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's unimaginable,it is not possible..
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Enegod(m): 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
nadia_SA: Yep I never sin embarassed
you have just comitted one

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by UyiIredia(m): 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
As a Christian, I say no. As a deist, yes, since the concept of sin is foolishness to me now (despite some truth). To the extent we fall short of our expectations or as Paul eloquently described in the NT I acknowledge humanity's sin.
Re: Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? by Willgates(m): 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
NO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prayer Is Important But Praise Is More Important / Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text / I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.