Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. (20565 Views)

Globacom Has Launched A New Tariff Plan, GLO BOUNCE. / Glo Unveils Bounce Tariff: Get 30MB Per Recharge And Call ALL Networks At 12k/s / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2013
SEE MY EVIDENCE OF THE FREE DATA BONUS USAGE ON THE GLO BOUNCE PLAN:

For 1hr 17min active browsing of the Internet, with 6 Tabs opened on my Android phone using Opera Mini browser, I was only charged 1MB.
Don't you think it's worth trying out now? Thank you.

First screenshot was taken at 05:57AM, while the second was taken at 07:14AM and the third one is my active Tabs on my Opera Mini browser.

Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by seunlayi(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2013
is it now fast on 3g?
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2013
seunlayi: is it now fast on 3g?
I am on 2G as GLO presently don't have a 3G network in my location. This is good here though there are challenges of inability to connect sometimes.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 5:11am On Oct 11, 2013
For 3 days now, my free Bounce data bonus have refused to browse, no matter the browser or APN I tried using, but all my Emails do sync promptly.
Meanwhile, my G-BAM free data bonus is working fine on the same phone. Has anybody noticed this problem please?
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by seunlayi(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2013
luluosas: For 3 days now, my free Bounce data bonus have refused to browse, no matter the browser or APN I tried using, but all my Emails do sync promptly.
Meanwhile, my G-BAM free data bonus is working fine on the same phone. Has anybody noticed this problem please?
same here o, i tire for glo, more than 500 mb laying idle
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by Koolmexxi(m): 7:32am On Oct 11, 2013
It's ntwrk ish. Experienced same though it's all back to normal now..
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2013
seunlayi: same here o, i tire for glo, more than 500 mb laying idle
Really? But, why will my G-BAM line be browsing and the Bounce line refused to browse on the same phone?
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2013
Koolmexxi: It's ntwrk ish. Experienced same though it's all back to normal now..
Problems persist here ooooo.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
My free Bounce data bonus have refused to browse ooooo, even after calling 121 and 444. However, my emails keep synching. What could be the problem now?
Am I the only one experiencing this ugly development for 3 days now? Who can help out please should come ooh. Thanks in advance.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by Krak(m): 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
Happening here too. I thought my phone had a problem.

Until I changed sims and discovered it was glo problem.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 6:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Krak: Happening here too. I thought my phone had a problem.

Until I changed sims and discovered it was glo problem.
Glo, what's happening on your free Bounce data bonus platform? This is day 4 here.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by paveinc(m): 8:06am On Oct 12, 2013
I have close to 2gb bonus on my glo bounce,i couldnt make use of it for almost a month.tired of calling their customer care.gloooo i need a solution to this immediately... cry
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
paveinc: I have close to 2gb bonus on my glo bounce,i couldnt make use of it for almost a month.tired of calling their customer care.gloooo i need a solution to this immediately... cry
Try it now as my own have started browsing now.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by paveinc(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2013
luluosas:
Try it now as my own have started browsing now.
it worked yesternite for sometime and stopped.I have noticed its not stable and very sluggish at times which is not goo d(is it because its a bonus data).am not impress and they improve on their customer care service,av notice that most of them are simply incompetent especially the females.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
paveinc: it worked yesternite for sometime and stopped.I have noticed its not stable and very sluggish at times which is not goo d(is it because its a bonus data).am not impress and they improve on their customer care service,av notice that most of them are simply incompetent especially the females.
My own stopped since yesterday evening but, it came back this afternoon and it has been fantastic here. Location is Yola.
So, try your own now. Thank you.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by seunlayi(m): 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
luluosas:
My own stopped since yesterday evening but, it came back this afternoon and it has been fantastic here. Location is Yola.
So, try your own now. Thank you.
contd to enjoy it i know mine will also be working by tomorrow becos this is also affecting those using glogwap on pay as u suff
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by Koolmexxi(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2013
Na 80mb per recharge Glo dey back me now ooo... Noticed it over d weekend wen I recharged 200 twice nd checked my data balance to see 160mb
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by Randerl: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
Just for the Records.

Despite being the SN0, they still behave like mtn in high costs, act like airtel in bad data connectivity and instead of updating their networks, they hoplessly waste tons of money on advertising like etisalat.

Glo is one of the greatest Telcom fraud ever known to Nigerians and Africans.

And thats a Nigerian company that has never been competitive, with shody CC services. They expect you to stay awake calling their substandard CC. And some guys think the rubbish network is doing them fine by using their airtime to call CC for assistance.

Instead of driving the costs of internet connection down, the Glo-.1 project is just a publicity stunt, a non functional paper work and a complete mirage in the annals of Internet Connection.

If I can get paid for doing a Nice Job, l expect nothing less for the services am paying.

Glo .1mb = .100kb

on my 4n
Glo 5mb = 270kb l used.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 3:28am On Oct 17, 2013
Randerl: Just for the Records.

Despite being the SN0, they still behave like mtn in high costs, act like airtel in bad data connectivity and instead of updating their networks, they hoplessly waste tons of money on advertising like etisalat.

Glo is one of the greatest Telcom fraud ever known to Nigerians and Africans.

And thats a Nigerian company that has never been competitive, with shody CC services. They expect you to stay awake calling their substandard CC. And some guys think the rubbish network is doing them fine by using their airtime to call CC for assistance.

Instead of driving the costs of internet connection down, the Glo-.1 project is just a publicity stunt, a non functional paper work and a complete mirage in the annals of Internet Connection.

If I can get paid for doing a Nice Job, l expect nothing less for the services am paying.

Glo .1mb = .100kb

on my 4n
Glo 5mb = 270kb l used.
To the bolded.
Although I don't know the parameters you used for your measurement but, what you posted up there is very very far from the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by paveinc(m): 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
working perfectly well,great improvement.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
paveinc: working perfectly well,great improvement.
Good to hear. Enjoy!
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2013
Significant Improvements But More Need To Be Done On The GLO Bounce Data Service

Since the resolution of the debacle that once surrounded the free data bonus on the Glo Bounce, there are now some noticeable and significant improvements on the Bounce data service but, there are still more work to be done by Glo to make it more admirable and appreciated by the teeming subscribers/users of the Bounce plan.

For example:
Whenever you place your Bounce Sim card on your phone to browse, you will receive a SMS from 127 telling you that, you are using data at Pay-As-You-Use basis at the rate of 5k/kb or N51/MB. However, this free data bonus on the Bounce plan is not recognised by 127, the Glo Mobile data centre (paid) platform, when you dial *127*0# to check your data balance.
Therefore, Glo should bring this data service of the free Bounce data bonus into 127 fully, so that it can be access through *127*0# just like the free G-BAM data bonus.

Secondly, whenever you exhausts your free Bounce data bonus this time around, Glo will send you a SMS immediately notifying you that you have no more free data bonus on your bonus account. This is indeed a wonderful improvement and a huge departure from the initial setup of the free Glo Bounce data service.
Sadly though, your airtime will now become your sources to browse the Internet, even though you never want this to happen in the first place, as Glo will practically wipe your airtime balance via their exorbitant PAYU charges, after the reception of the SMS notice.

Glo, this is why you MUST BRING THIS FREE BOUNCE INTERNET DATA SERVICE into your 127 data centre now.
Just like the free data bonus on the G-BAM plan that disconnect from the Internet service when exhausted, we want you to also get us (free Bounce data bonus users) disconnected from the Internet immediately after exhausting our free data bonus, instead of you allowing us to continue browsing the Internet at your exorbitant PAYU rate. Should we desire to continue browsing the Internet at all cost, we can make do of your Instant Surf HSI plan of N100 for a 13MB data volume.

Glo, why would you force your exorbitant PAYU Internet tariff on us at a whopping rate of N51 for a miserable, useless and good-for-nothing 1MB data volume?

Glo, we can simply buy a 13MB data volume for N100, than robbing us of our hard earned resources on ordinary 2MB data volume at N102. Haba Glo! This is very very unfair. We are not your slaves for God sake. Stop this daylight robbery now.

Meanwhile, we thank you for being magnanimous enough to offer us a free 30MB data volume on every recharge of N200 and above on the Bounce plan, but please, stop offering us joy with your right hand, while offering us sadness and pain with your left hand at the same time.
Thank you.

MY ADVICE
If you are a Glo Bounce subscriber, especially those using the free data bonus on the Bounce plan for their Internet services, please always keep an eye on your airtime. Whether you receive any SMS notification from Glo or not about your free data bonus, always dial #124*4# to be abreast with the situation of your free Bounce data bonus usage.
Please for your own good, whenever you discover that your remaining data volume is just 1MB, disconnect from the Internet immediately as you may become very sad later, when you discover that all your airtime no matter how much have disappear. This is because Glo may not tell you that, you were using your airtime to browse at the time.
Remember, to be forewarn is to be forearm.
Thank you and God bless.

GLO - UNLIMITED
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by bassdow: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2013
pls how well is GLO bounce doing now? Is Glo bounce now working perfectly OK or are there any problems still in existence? Pls answer ASAP cos i want to migrate back to it.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by akwunmi(m): 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
d service is vry OK nw, don't have issues wit my mob anymore.....
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
bassdow: pls how well is GLO bounce doing now? Is Glo bounce now working perfectly OK or are there any problems still in existence? Pls answer ASAP cos i want to migrate back to it.
bassdow: pls how well is GLO bounce doing now? Is Glo bounce now working perfectly OK or are there any problems still in existence? Pls answer ASAP cos i want to migrate back to it.
Yes, it has been working well but, I think Glo is automatically migrating people to WelcomeBack plan from Bounce, as some people are complaining. But, mine have never been migrated out of Bounce though. Thank you.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by tmamuda(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
Glo bounce 30mb I dey enjoy d stuff unlike before it zoom off. Now it last

1 Like

Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
tmamuda: Glo bounce 30mb I dey enjoy d stuff unlike before it zoom off. Now it last
Yes, the abnormalities on the Bounce plan has been corrected. What is left for Glo to implement now is for them to disconnect users immediately the free data bonus is exhausted, instead of wiping out people's airtime in the name of their very exorbitant PAYU tariff. Thank you.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
tmamuda: Glo bounce 30mb I dey enjoy d stuff unlike before it zoom off. Now it last
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by ImperialMcHael(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
Please can I use the free 30mb on my blackberry device?
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by luluosas(m): 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Imperial McHæl: Please can I use the free 30mb on my blackberry device?
Yes, but with this internet settings.
APN: gloflat
Username: flat
Password: flat
Try it and get back. Thank you.
Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by SergiusPaulus: 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Glo unlimited!
d 30mb is for real peeps.

1 Like

Re: The Glo Bounce 30MB Is Fake. by seaboyzen: 1:58am On Dec 02, 2013
How to check the MB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tecno Tab N93 Specification And Features / MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment / 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.