Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Please My Toyota Camry 2000 Cooling Fan Belt Does Not Move - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please My Toyota Camry 2000 Cooling Fan Belt Does Not Move (1183 Views)

Keke Operator Installs Seat Belt In His Tricycle (Photos) / Timing Belt vs Timing Chain: Which is the best? / Help My Toyota Corolla Unusually Gulps Fuel!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please My Toyota Camry 2000 Cooling Fan Belt Does Not Move by thaqib(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
[b]nairalanders, pls my tokunbo toyota camry 2000 fan belt does not move when ignition is turned on.i m so worried, is that not a potential cause of overheating? i have not driven it over long distance though...[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Please My Toyota Camry 2000 Cooling Fan Belt Does Not Move by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
^^^ You need to be more specific. Do you mean the fan itself doesn't turn when you turn on the ignition? Because the Toyota Camry runs an electric fan. It's not supposed to start running as soon as you switch on the ignition. The engine needs to be at operating temperature, in order for the fan to be triggered via the CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor).

Don't let your "mechanic" convince you otherwise.
Re: Please My Toyota Camry 2000 Cooling Fan Belt Does Not Move by thaqib(m): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Siena: ^^^ You need to be more specific. Do you mean the fan itself doesn't turn when you turn on the ignition? Because the Toyota Camry runs an electric fan. It's not supposed to start running as soon as you switch on the ignition. The engine needs to be at operating temperature, in order for the fan to be triggered via the CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor).

Don't let your "mechanic" convince you otherwise.

Siena, thanks. Just apprehensive. because it started moving later when d temp rose( I tink after I put on d a/c.
Chai , see ignorance...
Re: Please My Toyota Camry 2000 Cooling Fan Belt Does Not Move by cardoctor(m): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
thaqib:

Siena, thanks. Just apprehensive. because it started moving later when d temp rose( I tink after I put on d a/c.
Chai , see ignorance...

The cooling fan doesn't have to move only when the ac is switched on. Just as sienna has explained, the fan will automaticaly comes on when the engine temperature reaches the set temperature parameter for the Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) to instruct the fan to start its cooling operation.

That is the way its designed to operate. Most people in Nigeria are so convinced that the fan should come on immediately the ignition is switched on but that's wrong.

Try this. Start your car engine and allow it time warm up and eventually get hot. You will notice that the fan will come on eventually and after a while, go off again. The cycle repeats itself continuosly until you either switch on the ac as that requires constant operation of the fan, or you switch off the engine.

There are enough threads on NL car talk section where this has been comprehensively explained.

Just leave it the way it is or else you may be in for serious consequences.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Please My Toyota Camry 2000 Cooling Fan Belt Does Not Move by thaqib(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2013
car-doctor:

The cooling fan doesn't have to move only when the ac is switched on. Just as sienna has explained, the fan will automaticaly comes on when the engine temperature reaches the set temperature parameter for the Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) to instruct the fan to start its cooling operation.

That is the way its designed to operate. Most people in Nigeria are so convinced that the fan should come on immediately the ignition is switched on but that's wrong.

Try this. Start your car engine and allow it time warm up and eventually get hot. You will notice that the fan will come on eventually and after a while, go off again. The cycle repeats itself continuosly until you either switch on the ac as that requires constant operation of the fan, or you switch off the engine.

There are enough threads on NL car talk section where this has been comprehensively explained.

Just leave it the way it is or else you may be in for serious consequences.

Car-Doctor.

@car-doctor . Yeah, I have noticed. Thanks very much

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Know More Than Your Car Mechanic / Reliability Of Hyundai Elantra 2009 / AC Controls For 98 Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.