Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

*CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! (5673 Views)

Download The Latest Blackberry Messenger 8.0.0.44 BETA Which Have BBM Channel. / iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? / Telecom Providers Ordered To Shut Down Blackberry Messenger (bbm)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

*CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
[img]http://cdn.crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w795/public/article_images/2013/08/blackberry-messenger-android-1.jpg?itok=Y-DpHC7v[/img]

While many of us have heard the 'rumor' saying that BBM will be available on Android and iOS and doubted it. Well, i won't blame anyone for doubting it, because this 'rumor' has been around for sometime now. This was doubted probably because the general idea was that blackberry phones use BIS and without BIS you can't make use of BBM, but upon the release of the Blackberry Z10, the first ever blackberry phone (BB10) to operate BBM with regular internet data, it was proven that BBM can indeed work with regular data and BIS is not compulsory.
But anyways! I want to now bring to your notice that this is NOT a rumor! At least, not anymore. Blackberry has decided to take BBM cross-platform to both Android (4.0 and above) and iOS (6.0 and above). But first, BBM will be available for Only Samsung Smartphones and only in Africa to start with, then from there they will expand to other smartphone and other parts of the world and of course to iOS sometime later. Blackberry set the release date as 'Summer 2013', which means that we are expecting BBM on Samsung phones in Africa before August runs out! smiley And as the photo above shows, it is currently being tested. wink And if you have been watching SuperSports then you have seen the Advert.

Quoting a post from New24
"Samsung announced on Tuesday that BlackBerry Messenger, that chat service popular on BlackBerry devices, will be launched on Galaxy smartphones.

"Offering BBM on Galaxy smartphones in Africa will give Samsung customers access to the BBM social network, including BBM chats, multi-person chats and BBM Groups, which allows BBM customers to create groups of up to 30 people, as well as the ability to share photos and voice notes," Samsung said.

In May, News24 reported that BlackBerry announced the expansion of BBM to non-BlackBerry devices at the company's BlackBerry Live event in Orlando, Florida.

"Upon release, BBM customers would be able to broaden their connections to include friends, family and colleagues on other mobile platforms," BlackBerry said at the time.

The mobile ecosystem has resulted in a range of instant messaging applications that are not device dependant and BlackBerry is highly motivated to expand its service as apps like WhatsApp and WeChat gain momentum.

Reciprocal manoeuvre

Samsung has long had its own messaging app called ChatON, and the company hinted that BBM would augment its own offerings.

"Value added services are considered a prerequisite in the fast-paced, challenging environment that exists today and as a result, we will continue to drive innovation through our smart hub functionalities to ensure our consumers have the choice which they desire," said George Ferreira, vice president of Samsung Electronics Africa.

In what can be interpreted as a reciprocal manoeuvre, ChatON was available on the BlackBerry World store from 6 August

BBM has around 50 million monthly active users who send about 10 billion messages per day. The platform is also due to be launched on iOS, but no dates have been announced.

The BBM for Samsung Galaxy phones will be available on Google's Play Store"

So my Advice is that you SELL YOUR BLACKBERRY PHONES for something now while it still has some value! Or dash it to your younger ones by next month because the demand for Samsung phones will TRIPLE in coming weeks! Cheers! cheesy

1 Like

Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
All I want to know is the release date !!

1 Like

Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
adaobi123: All I want to know is the release date !!

You will get it when you get it! smiley
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Rochero(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
cos u no read reach ending of summer
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
Rochero: cos u no read reach ending of summer

Mttcchheeww

A specific date please !!
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by honsule(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
Am tired of this hullabaloo and hype about BBM coming to samsung soon.In fact,i want to sell my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a Blackberry cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue. BBM mood coming to Samsung "deactivated".

1 Like

Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
honsule: Am tired of this hullabaloo about BBM coming to samsung soon.In fact,i want to sell my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a Blackberry cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue. BBM mood coming to Samsung "deactivated".

PATIENCE = VIRTUE!

Anyone who does dat should be prosecuted, you are a lawyer so you should understand when i say the verdict should include The Death Penalty. tongue
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Kingslaw(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
grin
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by yemmit90: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
BBM and probably BIS are the reasons I still use BB. Thank you Samsung! BB suck in terms of free applications.
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kingslaw: grin

Lol. This guy don sell him BB. tongue

yemmit90: BBM and probably BIS are the reasons I still use BB. Thank you Samsung! BB suck in terms of free applications.

BBM is the only reason it seems 'sane' to use a Blackberry Messenger in the 21st century. Now that they are losing that EXCLUSIVE feature, It's RIP BB. Btw, they are looking to se;; thier company. Make boys see if we go fit join money buy am.. E no go too cost like that. tongue
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by kunlesehan(m): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
bb ... black burial ... lol
#teamandroid

nah wa o. it will be downloadable on a tecno fone.
means children with 4k or 5k devices will soon start pinging ... technology changes perception and vice versa.
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by W3xy1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
when will they release it
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by timpaker(m): 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2013

again? All I want is when the faq will it be out or do we wait for another June 27?

Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by pheforusty(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
.....samehere!!
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
pheforusty: .....samehere!!

W3xy1: when will they release it

Patience. Summer is not yet over

kunlesehan: bb ... black burial ... lol
#teamandroid

means children with 4k or 5k devices will soon start pinging ... technology changes perception and vice versa.

As long as you have Android 4.0 ICS and above, Yes! But for now, it's coming to only Samsung phones and only in Africa.

timpaker:
again? All I want is when the faq will it be out or do we wait for another June 27?

Blackberry said Summer 2013, and some random person decided to put a date on it, i get from direct sources. Dats why June 27 was a joke to me. smiley

1 Like

Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
Not like I'm praising BB but, its actually cheaper to use, my S3 na so so zap he dey chop mb, if there's no cheat u cnt enjoy it, but bb is still better pocket wise, which is y I can't sell my Bld 5. So the bbm coming to android aint really news for me
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Saintigk(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
U couldn't hb put it better, in as much as I hate BB for not bein applications friendly, I still give it to them as they are data friendly. It is all about priority, if u r a type dt can't afford much cash on data and u need to be online often, BB shld be ur choice, don't follow the crowd.

ibot_jaycob: Not like I'm praising BB but, its actually cheaper to use, my S3 na so so zap he dey chop mb, if there's no cheat u cnt enjoy it, but bb is still better pocket wise, which is y I can't sell my Bld 5. So the bbm coming to android aint really news for me
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by wrench: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
kunlesehan: bb ... black burial ... lol
#teamandroid

what's so special about the pinging? Huh?
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
ibot_jaycob: Not like I'm praising BB but, its actually cheaper to use, my S3 na so so zap he dey chop mb, if there's no cheat u cnt enjoy it, but bb is still better pocket wise, which is y I can't sell my Bld 5. So the bbm coming to android aint really news for me

Guy! Pay 1K2 for 1GB on Airtel and enjoy ur thing on ur S3. I have S4 and i am rocking it. I can't even finish 1GB sometimes sef... And yh, i know how to control my data.

wrench:

what's so special about the pinging? Huh?

Let me give you 2 FACTS
1. Blackberry Messenger is the BEST messenger in the world! Ahead of Whatsapp, Yahoo messenger, facebook messenger and the rest
2. Blackberry Smartphones are the least innovative piece of *ding* on earth.

Simple!

1 Like

Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Emekayoung(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2013
Stanley08:

Guy! Pay 1K2 for 1GB on Airtel and enjoy ur thing on ur S3. I have S4 and i am rocking it. I can't even finish 1GB sometimes sef... And yh, i know how to control my data.

Let me give you 2 FACTS
1. Blackberry Messenger is the BEST messenger in the world! Ahead of Whatsapp, Yahoo messenger, facebook messenger and the rest
2. Blackberry Smartphones are the least innovative piece of *ding* on earth.

Simple!
Give me reasons why u claim it's the best.
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Emekayoung:
Give me reasons why u claim it's the best.

I won't get technical with this issue, but BBM is more secure and has more content. Do you know that every content you send through whatsapp can be accessed by the people at whatsapp in California?! No! It's not same for BBM, in fact LAI LAI! tongue. Anyways, whatsapp has advantage because it is cross-platform. Lets wait till BBM goes cross platform then we will see if it lives or dies! cheesy
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2013

SAMSUNG Posted this photo today...
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by rainmaker12(m): 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
hmmm
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Emekayoung(m): 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Stanley08:

I won't get technical with this issue, but BBM is more secure and has more content. Do you know that every content you send through whatsapp can be accessed by the people at whatsapp in California?! No! It's not same for BBM, in fact LAI LAI! tongue. Anyways, whatsapp has advantage because it is cross-platform. Lets wait till BBM goes cross platform then we will see if it lives or dies! cheesy
Doctor has spoken.
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Chrisbam(m): 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
honsule: Am tired of this hullabaloo and hype about BBM coming to samsung soon.In fact,i want to sell my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a Blackberry cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue. BBM mood coming to Samsung "deactivated".

When time reach I go ping u sha Sule :-D
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 2:46am On Aug 28, 2013
Emekayoung:
Doctor has spoken.

tongue
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Charles545: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2013
hello guys, I've heard all your complaint.but watch out for it before September 21 2013.I assure you all.it'll be out before then.1 love
BBM group
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by Stanley08(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
Charles545: hello guys, I've heard all your complaint.but watch out for it before September 21 2013.I assure you all.it'll be out before then.1 love BBM group

Lol. And u are?
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by rainmaker12(m): 7:34am On Aug 29, 2013
get ready for the down fall of bb
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by holusormi(m): 8:22am On Aug 29, 2013
For long av decided not to purposely say anything about this obviously sillllly rants about bbm coming to android,, buh u guys av not made it easy @ all,,

Pls lemme say dis once and for all " IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN,NOT THIS YEAR AND NOT IN 100 YEARS !!!" and the reasons are very obvious,, d main selling point of blackberry is their unique messaging app which is d bbm,, aren't u guys intelligent enough to know that if the bbm becomes cross-platform,then its a death sentence blackberry ??..... What kind of C.E.O will approve a move that will ruin his company ??..#gofigure#!!.......

All these rants sounds so silly and idiotic, like a tale of
concocted rubbish seasoned with nonsense and served to fools and I don't blame u all @ all,,its all d faults of those useless blogers trying to divert traffic to their blogs by cooking up useless stories and serving it to the ever believing,bland masses!!...its just so annoying,, which one of u have ever stumbled on a a legitimate post on blackberry's website or samsung's website saying this ??

Abeggyyy,,make ina leave d matter jarwe and stop showcasing ur stupitiy(ies)!!
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by babarazy: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2013
holusormi: For long av decided not to purposely say anything about this obviously sillllly rants about bbm coming to android,, buh u guys av not made it easy @ all,,

Pls lemme say dis once and for all " IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN,NOT THIS YEAR AND NOT IN 100 YEARS !!!" and the reasons are very obvious,, d main selling point of blackberry is their unique messaging app which is d bbm,, aren't u guys intelligent enough to know that if the bbm becomes cross-platform,then its a death sentence blackberry ??..... What kind of C.E.O will approve a move that will ruin his company ??..#gofigure#!!.......

All these rants sounds so silly and idiotic, like a tale of
concocted rubbish seasoned with nonsense and served to fools and I don't blame u all @ all,,its all d faults of those useless blogers trying to divert traffic to their blogs by cooking up useless stories and serving it to the ever believing,bland masses!!...its just so annoying,, which one of u have ever stumbled on a a legitimate post on blackberry's website or samsung's website saying this ??

Abeggyyy,,make ina leave d matter jarwe and stop showcasing ur stupitiy(ies)!!
I didn't understand what you were driving at, but, am inspired.
Re: *CONFIRMED* - Blackberry Messenger Coming To Samsung. Sell Ur Blackberry Now! by chalon: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2013
Impossible bbm is blackberry messenger not samsung
Messenger and blackberry can't sell of their messenger

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A51, Samsung Galaxy M31 and Redmi note 9s / Smartphones With Best Camera And Battery Life In Nigeria 2020 / Redmi 9 Vs Infinix Note 8: Why They Have Same Chipset But Different Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.