Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Is Golf 5 A Good Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Golf 5 A Good Car (3967 Views)

Golf 5 ..manual, Diesel Engine. Goes For 800.. / How Is GOLF 3 Fuel Economy When One Uses AC 24/7? / Is Golf 4 (manual Gear) A Good Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Golf 5 A Good Car by roosebolton: 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello guys, I am about to buy my first car and being a general lover of hatchbacks.. The car I have been looking at getting is the Golf 5. The general opinion is that German cars are solid and the Golf 3 seems to exemplify this as I am yet to hear a single person complain about the ruggedity of the car.. and I have also head good things about it been easy to maintain with cheap parts and all. Unfortunately the exact opposite is what have heard about the Golf 4, everyone who I spoke either have experienced or knows someone who has experienced something awesome about the Golf4, In fact the general thing I hear about the Golf 4 is to avoid it like a plaque. Major complaint surround electrical and gear issues.

Which brings me to the Golf 5, has anyone gotten any experienced with the car? Does it take after the Golf 3 in terms of reliability, ruggedity and ease of maintenance.. or is it just another most avoid car? I would really appreciate input from people who have had personal experience with the car or knows someone who as.

Thanks in advance

NB In case someone wants to recommend a Toyota/Honda/Nissan/ Yes am aware of how highly rated Japanese cars are.. I just don't like them. Personal choice

1 Like

Re: Is Golf 5 A Good Car by elektra80: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
roosebolton: Hello guys, I am about to buy my first car and being a general lover of hatchbacks.. The car I have been looking at getting is the Golf 5. The general opinion is that German cars are solid and the Golf 3 seems to exemplify this as I am yet to hear a single person complain about the ruggedity of the car.. and I have also head good things about it been easy to maintain with cheap parts and all. Unfortunately the exact opposite is what have heard about the Golf 4, everyone who I spoke either have experienced or knows someone who has experienced something awesome about the Golf4, In fact the general thing I hear about the Golf 4 is to avoid it like a plaque. Major complaint surround electrical and gear issues.

Which brings me to the Golf 5, has anyone gotten any experienced with the car? Does it take after the Golf 3 in terms of reliability, ruggedity and ease of maintenance.. or is it just another most avoid car? I would really appreciate input from people who have had personal experience with the car or knows someone who as.

Thanks in advance

NB In case someone wants to recommend a Toyota/Honda/Nissan/ Yes am aware of how highly rated Japanese cars are.. I just don't like them. Personal choice

for me I will choose a golf 5 over golf 3. Lets face it, it might not be as rugged as golf 3 but just a simple question... Will u treat a Samsung galaxy s4 or blackberry z10 the same way u treat a Nokia 3310?

I know a lot of people would say its fragile, I don't know much about it but I know the 5th generation golf has better handling than its predecessors sacrificing cargo space. More options and more electronics means more care. It depends maintenance. You will definitely enjoy the ride if u don't mind cost of maintenance. You definitely cannot expect the maintenance to be same as golf 3 but then that is the sacrifice for getting a top notch car. To me it still has the same build quality as the predecessors

this is just my opinion. Others are welcome to state theirs

1 Like

Re: Is Golf 5 A Good Car by roosebolton: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
elektra80:

for me I will choose a golf 5 over golf 3. Lets face it, it might not be as rugged as golf 3 but just a simple question... Will u treat a Samsung galaxy s4 or blackberry z10 the same way u treat a Nokia 3310?

I know a lot of people would say its fragile, I don't know much about it but I know the 5th generation golf has better handling than its predecessors sacrificing cargo space. More options and more electronics means more care. It depends maintenance. You will definitely enjoy the ride if u don't mind cost of maintenance. You definitely cannot expect the maintenance to be same as golf 3 but then that is the sacrifice for getting a top notch car. To me it still has the same build quality as the predecessors

this is just my opinion. Others are welcome to state theirs

You just highlighted my general line of thinking about the car. However same should naturally apply to the golf4 but the reputation of the latter is full of tales of woe.. I am yet to meet one human being who have something good to say about the golf 4.. Hence my question.. I would really appreciate if someone who has personally used the car to drop a comment
Re: Is Golf 5 A Good Car by babyboy3(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2013
VW Golf MK5 is smaller in body size to Mk4 or Mk3

(1) (Reply)

Track Your Car With This Simple Device (Pics) / Is Volkswagen Sharan A Reliable Car / Black G-wagon Vs Hummer H2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.