Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Registration Of National Identification Number. Y - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Registration Of National Identification Number. Y (914 Views)

National Identification Number Mandatory From September 1, 2015 - NIMC / This New National Identification Number (nim) / The National Identification Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Registration Of National Identification Number. Y by Idriswhite(m): 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
The National Identification Number (NIN) registration will soon commence at various enrolment centres all over Nigeria. Every citizen of Nigeria from the age of 16 years and above, and legal residents are eligible to enrol for the NIN. (Arrangements are also currently being made to ensure that all persons from birthcan be registered and enrollment of biometrics from the age of five (5) can be achieved).
The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is similar the United States of America’s Social Security Number (SSN). This is a set of numbers assigned to an individual by the government as a means of tracking its citizens, permanent and temporary residents for the purposes of work, taxation, government benefits, health care, and other government-relatedfunctions.
The NIN once issued to a person cannot be used again, (that is, it cannot be issued to another person even if the previous person is dead). It is the NIN that helps to tie all records about a person in the database and is used to check the identity verified.
This will be managed by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), established by Act No. 23 of 2007 whose primary goal is to foster the orderly development of an identity sector in Nigeria through the development of a modern and universally acceptable identitymanagement infrastructure in Nigeria. TheAct empowers NIMC to establish, manage, regulate and enforce an effective and secure Identity Assurance System that would facilitate the harmonization and integration of identity databases in government agencies, ensure sustainability, reliability and acceptance across diverse points and contexts and application of the verification and authentication services within and outsidethe country.
Enrollment consists of the recording of an individual’s demographic data and capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture and digital signature, which are all used to cross-check existing data in the National IdentityDatabase to confirm that there is no previous entry of the same data. Once this (de-duplication) process is completed the data is then stored with a unique NIN thatwas assigned to it. The process is the same whether you choose the self-service or you require an assisted service.There are different ways you can enrol forthe NIN:
1. Self Service Enrollment
Stage 1:
*.Applicant visits NIMC website: http://www.nimc.gov.ngto access the Enrollment Form or walks into an enrolment centre and use the self-service workstation.
*.Fills the Enrolment Form online and prints a summary sheet with a2D Barcode and Registration ID number.
*.At the enrolment centre, the enrolment officer scans barcode to pull up the applicant data or uses the Registration ID Number to pull up the information from the database.
Alternatively,
*.Applicant walks into an enrolment centre and picks up an enrolment form.
*.Fills the enrolment form, providingthe required demographic information.
*.Applicant approaches the enrolment officer who collects the completed form and inputs the details into the enrolment portal.
Stage 2: Applicant verifies and confirms the enrolment data on the system.
Stage 3: Applicant has his photograph, finger print captured.
Stage 4: Applicant has his supporting documents scanned.
Stage 5: Enrolment is acknowledged and aslip is generated and given indicating completion of enrolment.
Stage 6: Applicant leaves the enrolment centre.
2. Assisted-Service
Stage 1: Applicant walks into enrolment centre and request for enrolment assistance.
Stage 2: A support officer assists applicantin picking and filling the enrolment form.
Stage 3. Applicant approaches an enrolment officer who collects the completed form and inputs the details intothe enrolment portal.
Stage 4: Applicant verifies and confirms the enrolment data on the system.
Stage 5: Applicant has his photograph, finger print captured.
Stage 6: Applicant has his supporting documents scanned.
Stage 7: Enrolment is acknowledged and aslip is generated and given indicating completion of enrolment.
Stage 8: Applicant leaves the enrolment centre.
3. Mobile-Service
Stage 1: Applicant goes to a mobile enrolment station.
Stage 2: Request an enrolment form and fill it or request a support officer to provide assistance.
Stage 3. Applicant approaches an enrolment officer who collects the completed form and inputs the details intothe enrolment portal.
Stage 4: Applicant verifies and confirms the enrolment data on the system.
Stage 5: Applicant has his photograph, finger print captured.
Stage 6: Applicant has his supporting documents scanned.
Stage 7: Enrolment is acknowledged and aslip is generated and given indicating completion of enrolment.
Stage 8: Applicant leaves the enrolment centre.
After the completion of the enrolment process, you will be informed of the date and time for collection of the National Identification Number (NIN). NIN can only be collected by an individual after biometric verification where you previously enrolled an

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Registration Of National Identification Number. Y by grace5515(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015. PLEASE, I ENROLLED FOR THE NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD EARLY 2013 {January OR February 2013}. AT NIMC OFFICE AT ALAUSA IKEJA, OPPOSTE SHOPRITE, IKEJA. ALL THE DOCUMENTS GIVEN TO ME WERE STOLEN BY ARMED ROBBERS. {TWO
SLIPS WITH MY NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS }. I HAVE BEEN EXPECTING AN ALERT ON MY PHONE OR E-MAIL TO PICK UP THE
ORIGINAL FINAL IDENTITY CARD. UP TILL NOW, NO NOTIFICATION YET. I HAD REPORTED TO THE OFFICE WHEN THE INCIDENT HAPPENED IN
MAY 2013, BUT NOTHING WAS DONE TILL DATE. PLEASE, HOW CAN I GET MY NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD ?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN .

(1) (Reply)

In The Last 20 Years, I’ve Spent An Hour Daily Reading Dictionaries –obahiagbon / Seun Be Reminded That If Sexkillz Be Remove As Mod-i Will Leave / Inspirational Qoutes For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.