Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Avoid "ofe Mentality" ;d ;d - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Avoid "ofe Mentality" ;d ;d (815 Views)

RED ALERT: Dangerous Spots To Avoid Nationwide During The Sallah Break / Legalize Abotions Now And Avoid This.. (pic) / Hafiz Lecky Is A Scammer: Please Avoid Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Avoid "ofe Mentality" ;d ;d by jubocycke(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2008
When is someone said to be great?
What makes one great? How does one become great? These are the relevant questions if I am right, that should be the food for thought of an individual desiring to be great. Generally speaking, majority of people when posed with the question of when one is said to be great, would say that it is when one has access to all he desires in life. But this is not all about greatness; greatness has more to do with this. Someone is great when people around him are living testifiers to his life of service to humanity. In other words, a great person is that person whose life is a blessing to others around him. Joseph in the Bible was great because even while in the prison, a place of total discomfort, he was able to serve humanity—that is greatness! He realized the importance of those around him.Therefore, it is those around you that determine whether you become great or not. Why then won’t you serve these people and become great. Swallow your pride man, do it now! Serve them!

As for what makes one great, it is simply service. When you are great, people will love to serve you even before you ask for their service. But is it possible for one to become great without serving? The answer is emphatic no! God made me to understand that he dignifies His servants. This means that you have to be a servant before you can be dignified.Eventhough greatness is part of your constitutional right as a legitimate child of God, He cannot make you great if He finds out that you are not a servant. Look, you don’t have to go to school before you can learn how to serve. Your consistency in your area of service could make God release His greatness to you. God does not give someone money; but He can only give you the idea on how to serve people, because greatness comes from service. Note that one can serve God only through human beings .You have to work for people, serve them and wait for your greatness because it is certain to come. The book of James says, ‘show me the faith without work, and I will show you a faith through work.’ So, my brothers and sisters arise and put on your service suit and begin to work for your greatness through service.

I know that you will be expecting me to say how one should become great. This is simple but yet, extremely difficult. One has to deal with the enemies of greatness first. Below are some salient points that one should live by, if one desires greatness:

1. You have to deal with “Free of Charge (F.O.C)” mentality. Never desire anything you cannot pay the price.
2. Never make yourself an object of pity. Always avoid anything that will make people to pity you.
3. Please ignore despisers. If you desire greatness, you have to ignore those who will come, only to bring down your glory. Some will despise you because they are in a better position than you are presently. Such people will never praise anything you do. Just ignore them!
4. Free yourself from inferiority complex. The devil uses this to retire people. But know that if the devil cannot deceive you, he cannot defeat you.
5. Do not say what has not been spoken. Do not say when God has not spoken. Don’t say that your own situation is the worst. Don’t try it!
6. Respect your dreams and visions and believe in them. Do not allow people to persuade you into believing in their own confused dreams. Your dream is unique and it is for a purpose. May God not allow you to wake up from your dreams until they come to pass in Jesus` name.
7. Run with great speed from pride. Opposite of pride is humility. But the worst pride on earth is for one to be proud of his humility.
8. Avoid worry and laziness. Note that laziness is not lack of work. It is diverting energy on wrong purpose.
9. Discover, develop and deploy your potentials.
10. Flee from evil but embrace righteousness. Never rob Peter to pay Paul. Flee from fraud and work hard for your comfort.

Put these into practice and enter your greatness!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dad Drags Son To Police Over Alleged Robbery / Prisoner Also Scam: Convict Serving Jail Term Inside Kirikiri Dupes Banker N12m / For Helping A Tenant, Man Stabs His Blood Brother To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.