Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim (1696 Views)

An Appeal To Support A Worthy Cause (Please Read) / Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death / IFC To Support Islamic Banking Services In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by vedaxcool(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2013
********Of course Femen will stay quiet on this brutality against a Muslim woman attacked merely for being Muslim and wearing the hijab because they are hypocrites.*****

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Scores of Swedish women from various faiths have posted pictures of themselves online wearing hijabs, or traditional Muslim headscarves, to show solidarity with a Muslim woman who was attacked in a Stockholm suburb for wearing one.

Police spokesman Ulf Hoffman says an unknown assailant attacked the pregnant woman in the suburb of Farsta on Friday by banging her head against a car.

Hoffman said the man shouted slurs which have led police to believe the attack was motivated by the woman's religion.

Among the women posting photos in headscarves on the social network site Twitter Monday was Green Party leader Asa Romson and Social Democrat lawmaker Veronica Palm.

The initiative's organizers say they want to raise awareness of the harassment women wearing headscarves face in Sweden.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/08/19/swedes-don-headscarves-to-support-muslim-victim/2670739/
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by maclatunji: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sad but interesting news.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
There is a difference between those who are consistent in their defence of injustice and those who have an "approved crimes list"
The latter don't see anything wrong in attacks on Muslims
Prof Akintola made the point that Nigerian "Human Rights Activists" never defend Muslims
It got me thinking
The activists outside Nigerian defend all manners of people/causes - animals, fa..ots, silly speech etc
But they are consistent
In Nigeria, I first noticed that the most vocal activists support the anti-gay bill
BTW I cannot stand those homosick, but not supporting the gays pointed to the bias of the activists towards religion
So, which religion?
You can work it out - they rushed to the Senate over underage brides
When a Muslim girl of the same age or even less is maliciously caned, a pall of silence descends!
Yet they support the law against corporeal punishment
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kudos to the swedish women.

About the Nigerian activists, Majority of them are politically motivated.

At other times, they just want to be noticed.

I could sum it up to mean that they are not in it for humanity but for the fame and sometimes monetary benefits.

There is the general saying that the feminists out there treat their maids in the worst of manner. You then wonder whether the maids are lesser humans or not feminine enough

1 Like

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
^LOL
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 6:56am On Aug 21, 2013
How did this thread turn into an attack on Nigerian human rights activists?

Please, we should focus on praising the Swedish non-muslims and muslims who joined effort to campaign for justice for the crime against the muslim woman in Sweden.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by vedaxcool(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2013
deols: Kudos to the swedish women.

About the Nigerian activists, Majority of them are politically motivated.

At other times, they just want to be noticed.

I could sum it up to mean that they are not in it for humanity but for the fame and sometimes monetary benefits.

There is the general saying that the feminists out there treat their maids in the worst of manner. You then wonder whether the maids are lesser humans or not feminine enough

grin grin grin
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 11:34am On Aug 21, 2013
Nairatalks: How did this thread turn into an attack on Nigerian human rights activists?

Please, we should focus on praising the Swedish non-muslims and muslims who joined effort to campaign for justice for the crime against the muslim woman in Sweden.

Thanks
We were just pointing out that activists here whose voice ring loudest (in our NASS) should borrow a leaf from this
Nigerian public policy is hardly going to be shaped by some activists in Sweden, but by the pressure of our local "Human" rights campaigners
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2013
deols:
Interesting
It is certainly easy to criticise but hard to take it

1 Like

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 11:47am On Aug 21, 2013
BetaThings:
Interesting
It is certainly easy to criticise but hard to take it

Not interesting. It is False. Deols should explain where she found numerous feminists treating maids in the worst manner. Maybe she thinks that many people in the west even have maids like we do in Africa.

This is how falsehoods spread.

Deols is someone that speaks before checking facts. I always try to avoid personal comments but it is hard for me to see people agreeing with false things and keep silent
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2013
BetaThings:
Thanks
We were just pointing out that activists here whose voice ring loudest (in our NASS) should borrow a leaf from this
Nigerian public policy is hardly going to be shaped by some activists in Sweden, but by the pressure of our local "Human" rights campaigners

I see
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nairatalks:

Not interesting. It is False. Deols should explain where she found numerous feminists treating maids in the worst manner. Maybe she thinks that many people in the west even have maids like we do in Africa.
And their staff? The activists are not necessarily tolerant of criticism
See how someone sacks and talks to his staff
http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2013/08/14/aols-chief-demonstrates-the-worst-way-to-fire-someone/

In Africa men hardly molest their maids as much as the women do. They burn them, disfigure them (look around NL for examples)
I know somebody running an NGO for women in Nigeria.
Her attitude towards her staff is so crude I wonder how the compassion required for the oppressed (her NGO) can co-exist with so much bile

4 Likes

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
BetaThings:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2013/08/14/aols-chief-demonstrates-the-worst-way-to-fire-someone/

In Africa men hardly molest their maids as much as the women do. They burn them, disfigure them (look around NL for examples)
Her attitude towards her staff is so crude I wonder how the compassion required for the oppressed (her NGO) can co-exist with so much bile

Are the people you listed feminists?

1 Like

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by vedaxcool(m): 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
BetaThings:

shocked shocked
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nairatalks:

This is how falsehoods spread.
Deols is someone that speaks before checking facts. I always try to avoid personal comments but it is hard for me to see people agreeing with false things and keep silent

But I was obviously talking of Africa. Nigeria, precisely.

Of course you know that there cannot be a data to back my claim up. Do we even have a cancer registry or a correct statistics on domestic violence? It took an aljazera for us to realise what percentage of bleachers are in Nigeria.

But I have attended programs on Gender issues. I have been to conferences on the female child blah blah blahs I have known the participants before and after. So I know very well that not all are in it for the general good.

Now about the subject matter, which is about Nigerian activists being silent on the affairs of Muslims. How many of them did you hear of when that Muslim girl was beat by her school principal?

And how many of them sprang up against Yerima?

Isnt it already clear that they only took advantage of an explosive situation?

Now after all the cries over the internet, how many of the activists have come up with a solution to the issue of child marriage. How many of them have simply gone back to their 'e no concern me' typical state?.

1 Like

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
deols:

But I was obviously talking of Africa. Nigeria, precisely.

Of course you know that there cannot be a data to back my claim up. Do we even have a cancer registry or a correct statistics on domestic violence? It took an aljazera for us to realise what percentage of bleachers are in Nigeria.

But I have attended programs on Gender issues. I have been to conferences on the female child blah blah blahs I have known the participants before and after. So I know very well that not all are in it for the general good.

Now about the subject matter, which is about Nigerian activists being silent on the affairs of Muslims. How many of them did you hear of when that Muslim girl was beat by her school principal?

And how many of them sprang up against Yerima?

Isnt it already clear that they only took advantage of an explosive situation?

Now after all the cries over the internet, how many of the activists have come up with a solution to the issue of child marriage. How many of them have simply gone back to their 'e no concern me' typical state?.

First of all, accusing feminists of generally maltreating their maids and criticising child bride activists are two different things.

Not all women activists are feminists.

Be mature and admit that you told a lie about feminists.

When you admit the lie, then we can discuss the issue about Yerima and the hijab issue
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
Selective rrasoning abi what can I call it? undecided
Below is what I wrote

I wasn't saying all feminists do it but that people say so..

I further told you that I cldnt bring forth statistics but that I have seen it happen.

I really dont care on whether you want to talk more on the other issues. They are as clear as daylight.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
deols: Selective rrasoning abi what can I call it? undecided
Below is what I wrote

I wasn't saying all feminists do it but that people say so..

I further told you that I cldnt bring forth statistics but that I have seen it happen.

I really dont care on whether you want to talk more on the other issues. They are as clear as daylight.

Which general saying? A general saying among people who peddle falsehoods or what?

Which people?

Do you even know what a feminist is?

1 Like

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^lol about knowing whom a feminist is. I was almost recruited you know?

I still believe in some of their views. I draw the line where religion comes in

1 Like

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2013
^^^^
Salaam
I see no benefit in you trying to explain your position. The guy is a tad aggressive and he will not listen
As soon as somebody is asking some elementary questions about what I know, I just ignore.
We all know so little, but somebody who might even be lower down may be the one bringing up the issue of ignorance

This thread is about hijab issue. Why would discussing it be linked to your doing anything
The thread is also about activists standing up to women discriminated against because of religion
Why is it not relevant? why are our activists/feminists not doing the same for Muslim women
Infact I recall Joe Okei-Odumakin of CLO casting aspersons on women in hijab/niqab

Why? Because Lai Mohammed of ACN (while contesting the last Ondo State gov election with Labour Party and PDP) pointed out that it was wrong for Joe Odumakin to be criticising ACN since her husband (Mr Odumakin) was working with Labour Party
Sounded straight forward to me
But Joe Odumakin said that her husband work does not affect her views and work because she is not a woman in "purdah" dominated by her husband

Now we know that Patience Johnathan/Michele Obama do not use niqab. But have they not given up their careers for their husbands' political interests?
And in law, a woman might be assumed to be "unduly influenced" by her husband. Meaning that she might be presumed not to have taken decisions affecting her husband (eg guaranteeing his loan) without pressure.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 9:30am On Aug 22, 2013
deols: ^^lol about knowing whom a feminist is. I was almost recruited you know?

I still believe in some of their views. I draw the line where religion comes in

How can one be recruited to be a feminist? It would be like saying one was recruited to be a conservative. Like I said, it is possible that you dont know what a feminist is

I have seen this before. There are "top dogs" on this section who can make false claims and then when another muslim challenges the false claim, the followers gang up against the muslim who simply challenges the false claim.

Betathings, keep lending your support to falsehoods.

This claim is false;

deols:

Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nairatalks: I have seen this before. There are "top dogs" on this section who can make false claims and then when another muslim challenges the false claim, the followers gang up against the muslim who simply challenges the false claim.

I have suddenly realised that there is more to this claim of being amongst the earliest muslims
deols:
[size=4pt]
[s]
Is anyone thinking what I am thinking that nairatalk may not be a Muslim. He could be logicboy, pretending to be a Muslim
[/s]
Accept Islam, work your way to the top and we would suck up to you
Right?

Nairatalks:
Betathings, keep lending your support to falsehoods.

Yes Sir, the-only-truth-teller-in-town
Virtually everything you claim here to be is false, and yet you accuse people
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
BetaThings: ^^^^
Salaam
I see no benefit in you trying to explain your position. The guy is a tad aggressive and he will not listen
As soon as somebody is asking some elementary questions about what I know, I just ignore.
We all know so little, but somebody who might even be lower down may be the one bringing up the issue of ignorance

I stopped explaining that position actually or isnt that about some feminists being not so good beyond their feminist propaganda?

I am not here to convince him on my position. If he genuinely deserves to be explained to, I would. If not, my discretion.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is too funny.

Keep up with the deflection and personal attacks. I guess that I am not a muslim because i dont agree with Deols.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nairatalks:

How can one be recruited to be a feminist?

By an attempt at indoctrinating them and giving them tools that enable the movement. Like I said above, I owe you no explanation. You can agree or not, it doesn't change what has been said that many of the activists in Nigeria are not driven by humanity. They are more for selfish reasons and are bias along religious/ethnic divides.

Nairatalks:

This claim is false;

So the problem now is your comprehension problem.

I said there is a general saying that...

Do people say it, yes.

Have I heard it on several occasions, yes.

Even on this forum, yes.

That you haven't or just would not agree to it does not make it false.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nairatalks: This is too funny.

Keep up with the deflection and personal attacks. I guess that I am not a muslim because i dont agree with Deols.

I would be ashamed of myself if my utterances are judged as not from a Muslim. I would actually be depressed and rethink my religion. I would have an introspection and try to see what I have been doing wrong.

You are mentally creating your own enemies and giving reasons for it. Could it be that this isn't about deols but about your utterances and belief?

To escape from seeing your fault, you are trying to pass it off to other people.

Think or try harder, 'is the way I think how a muslim should?' Then, become a better Muslim or at least, actress.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by Nairatalks: 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
deols:

I would be ashamed of myself if my utterances are judged as not from a Muslim. I would actually be depressed and rethink my religion. I would have an introspection and try to see what I have been doing wrong.

You are mentally creating your own enemies and giving reasons for it. Could it be that this isn't about deols but about your utterances and belief?

To escape from seeing your fault, you are trying to pass it off to other people.

Think or try harder, 'is the way I think how muslim does it?' Then, become a better Muslim or actress.

This is even getting funnier.

Muslims shouldnt lie. Anyone could see that you told a lie about feminists. Yet, you are somehow insinuating that I should rethink my faith.

You claimed that there is some general saying about feminists, which is nowhere to be heard or found. And if even there was a saying, should you repeat it without fact checking?

This is my last post here. I dont want to be hounded by your followers.

Goodbye
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by deols(f): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Like logicboy does, she runs away. Logic runs even from his own threads.

I assume only Islam teaches against lying.

Come back when off the deols phobia.

Lol.

@topic what else is there to say? Muslims should also get involved with human rights activism. We should not speak only when it deals with us.
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 4:27am On Aug 23, 2013
Nairatalks: This is too funny.

Accept Islam and stop running around your destiny
Anybody on NL will not matter to you on the day of Qiyama
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by BetaThings: 4:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Nairatalks:
This is my last post here. I dont want to be hounded by your followers.

Goodbye
Hounded?
Anyway check out the hadith of the person who had himself cremated
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by tbaba1234: 5:15am On Aug 23, 2013
Logicboy again!!

grin
Re: Swedes Don Headscarves To Support Muslim Victim by ChristKid1: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2013
deols:

I stopped explaining that position actually or isnt that about some feminists being not so good beyond their feminist propaganda?

I am not here to convince him on my position. If he genuinely deserves to be explained to, I would. If not, my discretion.

There's a general saying that most muslims are terrorists that would terrorize women of other faiths for not wearing hijab.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tora And Injil: The Law And Goodnews (book) / Michael Jackson & Gani Fawehemi's Burial Insubserviently Violate Islamic Law: / Dawah Do’s And Dont

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.