Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? (2318 Views)

Top 10 Most Difficult Languages To Learn / Nigerians Denied Again The Opportunity Of Being Part Of Us Dv Loteery 2016 / Where Would You Love To Visit If Given The Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
I think I will like to learn French and spanish, because these languages are widely spoken...

How about you? (please don't name more than three)

1 Like

Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by onuwaje(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
catalan german spanish.
portuguese
@op sorry for listin 4 languages cos these re d 4 languages am crazy about cheesy
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by destino24(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Chinese. they have the fastest growing economy in the world. English + Chinese = fabulous combination cheesy cheesy
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
onuwaje: catalan german spanish.
portuguese
@op sorry for listin 4 languages cos these re d 4 languages am crazy about cheesy

u are pardoned for been the first to comment.... tongue
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
destino24: Chinese. they have the fastest growing economy in the world. English + Chinese = fabulous combination cheesy cheesy

but chinese is really difficult o...i heard that to read a chinese newspaper, you need to know about a thousand different chinese words....
their alphabets are soooooooooo many; certainly not like the english alphabets...
good luck all d same
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Naijalastborn(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dutch.. and German.
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Dutch.. and German.

any particular reasons why u love these two languages??
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Naijalastborn(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
DNA1:

any particular reasons why u love these two languages??
i already understand and speak litttle dutch.. I fell in love with the language because of my wife...and for German.. is more advance than dutch..and I want to be advanced too.. and it can also add to my Language profile.. #gbam.

1 Like

Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Feraz(m): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Japanese and German
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by destino24(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
DNA1:

but chinese is really difficult o...i heard that to read a chinese newspaper, you need to know about a thousand different chinese words....
their alphabets are soooooooooo many; certainly not like the english alphabets...
good luck all d same

well, people learn both languages. If given the chance, I know I can do it
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
Feraz: Japanese and German
hmm..dat's cool
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Godson201333(m): 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
I am already learning German and french and i am loving em..very soon im gonna add spanish grin
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
Godson201333: I am already learning German and french and i am loving em..very soon im gonna add spanish grin

hmmm...that's a good one
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by onuwaje(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Swahili, jamaican patois( I love it when these guys speak)

1 Like

Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
onuwaje: Swahili, jamaican patois( I love it when these guys speak)
hmm swahili...is dat a south african language?
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by onuwaje(m): 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
DNA1:
hmm swahili...is dat a south african language?
should be kenya,ethiopia,tanzania don't really knw sha
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by bluerange(f): 11:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
l speak italian & now taking german alongside my radio production course. l am also learning swahili here in nairobi because is the common language of the East African region & it is important l learn it as l remember how one Massai woman scope me!
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by chukxie(m): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2013
French, Spanish and Japanese . I can speak Chinese and about 50% Korean. I can read and write a bit of Chinese but i can't do neither in Korean.
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by ThaProphet(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
Swahili, French and Hausa, respectively.

Swahili because it is an African language and also, the most widely spoken language in Africa. I'd rather learn an African language first before picking up another European/Foreign language (I speak Yoruba and English)

French because of its strategic advantages. Would be nice to be able to communicate with my fellow Francophone Africans not because I like the language.

Hausa because it would be nice to learn a second language from my region which is called Nigeria. It is also the second most widely spoken language in Africa, I believe. This really should have been Igbo but the fact that the Hausa/Fulani language is spoken in many other African countries is very appealing.

Honorable mentions (yea, I know it should be only 3 but these languages also fascinate me): Igbo, Shona, Patois, Susu, Mende, Wolof, isiZulu, Portuguese, Creole to name a few (if a human brain can accommodate all)

1 Like

Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
hmmm....different strokes,,,for different folks
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 21, 2013

Klingon.
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by HezronLorraine(m): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
I hope to work with the UN in some years,and already equipping myself to be multi-lingual.
Priority list:
1.)Russian.
2.)Mandarin Chinese.
4,)German.
5.)Portuguese.
6.)Hindu.
7.)Arabic.
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Skinni10ne: 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
1. Swahili
2. Japanese
3. French

1 Like

Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 22, 2013
Japanese.
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2013
For me its spanish, french and mayb german
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by DNA1(f): 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
Damex you reach here? How u dey?
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by hok4u(f): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
I which to learn Arabic,french and at least one Nigerian language,may be Hausa .I have started with my arabic class,also hoping to start my french class soon.
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
i
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by mauriemaxwell: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2013
Hola, bonjour, ciao! Spanish, french, italian
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2015
french
mandarin (Chinese)
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by dridowu: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Chinese; Swahili,
Re: What International Languages Would You Learn If Given The Opportunity? by Bifwoli: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
onuwaje:
should be kenya,ethiopia,tanzania don't really knw sha

Its Kenya,Tanzania,Uganda,DRC and to a lesser extent in Rwanda,Burundi,Comoros and Oman due to historical trade ties.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Royal In Air Maroc? / Your Experience Moving Back To Nigeria / Every Nigerian Abroad Seems To Be Dying Of Lonliness And Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.