Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! (14346 Views)

New TV Deal Brings Free Premier League Games To 50 African Countries / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. / Nigeria League Result Now On Livescore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by brownlord: 4:23am On Aug 21, 2013
34 meter. dowlar for league wey no club for dey loose home match? abi for club when home team dey play 17 against 11 visiting team and sometimes you go get 2 goal keepers for one goal post?

Only in Nigeria business online media they report wetin dey happen for sport even before our sport journalist, anyway going back to sleep, hope i can still continue my wet dream....

sipping alomo and singing Limpopo with the same mouth
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by brownlord: 4:27am On Aug 21, 2013
orgasticdance: A league makes less than what leBron James makes in a year($40m). See life

What is leBron James and na wetin em dey sale?

you better continue dey dance ur atilogun dance this morning, wetin cousine leBron cousine our NPL ( Nigeria Photocopiers League )?
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Myself2(m): 5:03am On Aug 21, 2013
Andyblaze: I know many will kill to be in my place.

How so,are you the one that will solely administer the 34 million USD? angry
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Mathewjoseph: 6:17am On Aug 21, 2013
Who wan watch 9ja league?wey b say home teams must win by hook or crook! If u wan catch cataarh go watch 9ja premier league,sum part of sum football team pitch 4 9ja go get grass sum part go b san san,referee ojoro nko?i was watching a 9ja premier league wan day the home team no fit score goal and time don complete d 90minutes dem don play injury time finish self,just bkos say referee don collect bribe e make sure say d home team win by manufacturing a penalty 4rm nowhere! Infact dat day i laff tire bcuz stadium don dark nd d ref refuse 2 blow d final whistle until d home team score tru d dubious spot kick.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Sike(m): 6:19am On Aug 21, 2013
Finger crossed.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Smooyis(m): 6:54am On Aug 21, 2013
Nice. Cant wait to watch my Sunshine Stars of Akure live on Supersports!
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 21, 2013
Thats over 4billion Naira!

Now its Simple to move to the promised land from here.

Pay up Clubs their rightful allocations, let the referees receive healthy salaries. Then let efforts be made to have security officials at matchday grounds.

The Nigerian League could surpass their SA and Egyptian counterparts only if this kind of deals comes around often and doesnt go down to the pockets of some selfish Phools.

In Other news, Enyimba are yet to concede a League goal in Aba - Beat that! cheesy
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Smooyis(m): 7:17am On Aug 21, 2013
Mathew joseph: Who wan watch 9ja league?wey b say home teams must win by hook or crook! If u wan catch cataarh go watch 9ja premier league,sum part of sum football team pitch 4 9ja go get grass sum part go b san san,referee ojoro nko?i was watching a 9ja premier league wan day the home team no fit score goal and time don complete d 90minutes dem don play injury time finish self,just bkos say referee don collect bribe e make sure say d home team win by manufacturing a penalty 4rm nowhere! Infact dat day i laff tire bcuz stadium don dark nd d ref refuse 2 blow d final whistle until d home team score tru d dubious spot kick.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Smooyis(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2013
Mathew joseph: Who wan watch 9ja league?wey b say home teams must win by hook or crook! If u wan catch cataarh go watch 9ja premier league,sum part of sum football team pitch 4 9ja go get grass sum part go b san san,referee ojoro nko?i was watching a 9ja premier league wan day the home team no fit score goal and time don complete d 90minutes dem don play injury time finish self,just bkos say referee don collect bribe e make sure say d home team win by manufacturing a penalty 4rm nowhere! Infact dat day i laff tire bcuz stadium don dark nd d ref refuse 2 blow d final whistle until d home team score tru d dubious spot kick.
Why are we so pessimistic about anything Nigeria. Broda do you have another country for your children and unborn generation. We better begin to believe in this country so we can all build it together. Its time we begin to profess positive about Nigeria hoping that God would help to make it happen. Most of the problems you highlighted are as a result of poor publicity. The moment the players, refrees and other offficials know that the whole world is watching them through satellite TV broadcast, they would sit up. Even the government would be embarrased to to allow people play on poorly grassed stadia. Every player wants to market him or herself, you will be surprised at the level of improvement of our players within a short time. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by kliq(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2013
Welcome development,I really hope d money is used effectively for its motive...oda than d TV rights/televising,d league still got a long way to go regards match fixin,standard and maintainace of d pitch,poor officiating by refs,payment of players and coaches etc....hp it gets better frm dis point
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by 2goodbobo(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2013
Naija League wey before match start the home team don already know wetin d score go be. Between I can bet with my breakfast that corruption will skew the essence of the deal.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by sgtslotter(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Six match a week,very gud development.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by solomon111(m): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2013
Going by the comments here,it's obvious many people don't even watch the league or know about the huge progress the league has made since the advent of the LMCs.
Is this not the same league that gave us the bulk of our AFCON winning team.?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by solomon111(m): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2013
2goodbobo: Naija League wey before match start the home team don already know wetin d score go be. Between I can bet with my breakfast that corruption will skew the essence of the deal.
shut up.
You don't know about the league neither do you watch it.
Stop making ignorant statements.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by solomon111(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2013
kliq: Welcome development,I really hope d money is used effectively for its motive...oda than d TV rights/televising,d league still got a long way to go regards match fixin,standard and maintainace of d pitch,poor officiating by refs,payment of players and coaches etc....hp it gets better frm dis point
Match fixing is a thing of the past.
The pitches have already improved,infact NPFL boasts of some of the best pitches in african club football.
The referring has gotten better,though there is room for improvement.
The players welfare is where i think we are still lagging behind,as quite a number of clubs tend to owe their players too much for too long.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by solomon111(m): 8:04am On Aug 21, 2013
Standing5: Crazy !
The league of 67 - 0 scoreline.
This scandal happened in the armateur league and the teams have been suspended for 4 years while the players have been banned for life.
Btw,there were reports of match fixing in the italian league some time ago and recently in the brazilian league.
I am definitely sure you still watch atleast one of those leagues.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by mariong(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2013
This is a huge amount of money, hopefuly it'll be channeled to the right places. The state of the stadia used by clubs in nigeria makes matches unattractive, it's difficult to watch even when you try hard to be patriotic.
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 21, 2013
It's a step in the right direction. The publicity will have many positive results
like;

1) Management will be forced to improve the state of the pitches,

2) The managers/coaches will improve the quality/standard of football in display.

3) Fans will have the option of watching the Nigerian league in high definition(HD)

4) There will be far more home losses as the referees will be forced to behave, considering that the world is now watching.

5) Less violence from home fans as the management will make the punishment for such occurrences stricter.

6) Home based players will get a lot of exposure that is only exclusive to the foreign based before.

7) Stadium attendance will improve as the standard of football improves.

A step in the right direction indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Decapo: 8:14am On Aug 21, 2013
taiocol: who be mourinho
my daddy's elder bro younger sister's daddy
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by try69: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2013
Question now is, how do they make judicious use of this funds to harness the quality of a dying league?
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by xammy(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2013
which league?
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 8:26am On Aug 21, 2013
Lame
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2013
A good move.Which team is topping the league in 9ja
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Lordave: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2013
Lilprocess: This guys no get time woo, so they no know say nigeria go soon divide.
mad men plenty for Nairaland o cheesy
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by Lordave: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2013
xammy: which league?
Epl
Re: Nigeria League Gets $34Million TV Deal! by wogorparadise: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Mtcheeeeew busy mortgaging our future, from presidency to all other arm of govt. Let them come out n tell us all the clause in that agreement, y will der be callectin monies from super sport wen its not yet twenty fifteen? God is watchin the looters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EPL Clubs Vote To Continue Matches Amid Fast Rising Covid-19 Cases In Football / Super Eagles To Receive Cash Bonuses From Nigerian Banks / FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.