Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil (1770 Views)

Vehicle Is Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / Please Help, My Volkswagen Touareg Is Acting Funny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Claracuzio: 6:16am On Aug 21, 2013
Hello friends, I have a 1997 volkswagen sharan that drives very well, the only problem I seem to have with this car is that the coil gets burnt very frequently. I know somthing is wrong somewhere. Pls I need help. Thanks
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 21, 2013
Claracuzio: Hello friends, I have a 1997 volkswagen sharan that drives very well, the only problem I seem to have with this car is that the coil gets burnt very frequently. I know somthing is wrong somewhere. Pls I need help. Thanks

What engine size? What coil are you referring to? You're not giving enough detail.
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Claracuzio: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Its a 1.8, the frame coil, the one that connects to the ignition. I just fixed a bigger coil and am still observing it. Thanks
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
is there anything good about the vw sharan?
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Claracuzio: Hello friends, I have a 1997 volkswagen sharan that drives very well, the only problem I seem to have with this car is that the coil gets burnt very frequently. I know somthing is wrong somewhere. Pls I need help. Thanks

what made you conclude that the coil pack is burnt and also when you say you fiited a bigger one what do you mean
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
means a higher capacity one! IMO

ZIM DRILL:

what made you conclude that the coil pack is burnt and also when you say you fiited a bigger one what do you mean
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
smartchoice: means a higher capacity one! IMO

i think thats a wrong move, the issue is not about the coil pack failing to fire the right voltage but burning

when you scan after it burns what does the scan say ?
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Claracuzio: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
smartchoice: is there anything good about the vw sharan?
Get one and you'll love it. Its handling is superb
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by cardoctor(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
Make sure that the earth connections from your car's battery negative to body and engine are well connected and there is no rust on the connections then replace with original coil.

Car-Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Claracuzio: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
car-doctor:
Make sure that the earth connections from your car's battery negative to body and engine are well connected and there is no rust on the connections then replace with original coil.

Car-Doctor.
Thanks Doc
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
I learnt this ride is the same as ford galaxy.I have the year 2000 V6 model.My wahala with it is gear oil leak.the mechs can't just fix it.Also the gear jumps when it enters 2 and 3.

Also trying to buy the gear oil cooler
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Claracuzio: 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
Kamanda: I learnt this ride is the same as ford galaxy.I have the year 2000 V6 model.My wahala with it is gear oil leak.the mechs can't just fix it.Also the gear jumps when it enters 2 and

Also trying to buy the gear oil cooler

I think the seal might be weak that's why there are leaks but since it shakes in gears 2 and 3 u might need to check your gear box
Re: Help! My Volkswagen Sharan Keeps Burning Its Coil by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 25, 2013
Claracuzio:

I think the seal might be weak that's why there are leaks but since it shakes in gears 2 and 3 u might need to check your gear box

Thanks Bro.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout These 50 Weird-looking Tuned-up Volkswagen Beetle Cars (PHOTOS) / Honda's Lawnmower Hits 100 Mph In 6.29s To Set New Guinness World Record / My 1999 Camry ODO Not Working Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.