Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Honda's Lawnmower Hits 100 Mph In 6.29s To Set New Guinness World Record - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda's Lawnmower Hits 100 Mph In 6.29s To Set New Guinness World Record (1769 Views)

Honda's Mean Mower Is Set To Become The World’s Fastest Lawnmower / Watch This Rocket-Powered Car,The Bloodhound SSC Go From 0–200 mph In 8 sec / This N1.5billion Aspark Owl Goes From 0-62 MPH In Just 2 Seconds (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda's Lawnmower Hits 100 Mph In 6.29s To Set New Guinness World Record by obafemee80(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=666v4d8tYU8

Professional racer and stunt driver Jess Hawkins has driven Honda's bike-engined Mean Mower into the Guinness World Records book for "Fastest Acceleration 0-100 mph for a Lawnmower." 

To qualify for the official record, Guinness said the superfast machine, which managed the feat in a blistering 6.29 seconds, must still be able to cut grass.

The original Mean Mower became the world's fastest in March 2014, setting a record 116.87mph top speed .The record was broken in late 2015 by the Norwegian Speed Factory team on a modified Viking T6 lawnmower which topped out at 133mph.

When Honda revealed this record breaking version 2 in March last year, Honda claimed the superbike-powered lawnmower could top 134mph - making it even faster than a 2017 Honda Civic hatchback or a 1.5-litre Mini Cooper hatchback .

But with its CBR1000RR Fireblade SP motorcycle engine, the Superfast machine recorded an incredible top speed of 150.99mph in its latest attempt in Germany.

Now We Have A Lawnmower That Is Faster Than Most Production Cars. What Do You Think? 

https://autojosh.com/hondas-lawnmowerwhich-has-a-speed-that-tops-a-honda-civichits-100-mph-in-6-29s-to-set-new-guinness-world-record/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Honda's Lawnmower Hits 100 Mph In 6.29s To Set New Guinness World Record by MobilityExpress: 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hmm, who needs a lawn mower that fast. When it's not like I'm trying to mow the Amazon forest in 2 days grin

2 Likes

Re: Honda's Lawnmower Hits 100 Mph In 6.29s To Set New Guinness World Record by Bananaz: 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
Well, that's... a quite impressive record actually. Yeah, you may say Honda just wants to keep being recognizable and associated with cars. That's quite a clever move, besides it looks like they were watching Top Gear, especially this episode which has already become a meme and decided to use it for the marketing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5ldu2jB2E
I watched those videos and now I want such Honda mower myself grin Anyway, I have Husqvarna lawn mower already, here check it's specs to understand what I'm talking about. It's way slower than that Honda mentioned above, but hey, it can deal with 3 acres of grass in one hour. I think it's impressive too.
Re: Honda's Lawnmower Hits 100 Mph In 6.29s To Set New Guinness World Record by tck2000(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
nice

(1) (Reply)

Driving With A Faulty Traction Control System, Straight Way To Death / Pls Which Car Maker Has The Cheapest Engine? / How Much Is Car Code Detector And Electrical Detector And What Is The Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.