Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Mark Zuckerberg's Page Hacked By Palestinian - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg's Page Hacked By Palestinian (1120 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg The Owner Of FACEBOOK Shared This Romantic & Motivating Words! / Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook Account Hacked By An Unemployed Web Developer / Punch Newspaper Search Page Hacked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg's Page Hacked By Palestinian by Abiyamo: 6:44am On Aug 21, 2013
A Palestinian hacker, Khalil Shreateh has used his discovery of a security glitch to have into the page of Facebook's co-founder, Mark Zuckerberg. The glitch allows anyone to post onto the Facebook wall of a stranger. Shreateh had initially sent a report of the bug to the Facebook Team but they did not pay him any attention, brushing aside his claims and saying it was not a bug, until he decided to take the bull by the horns and post directly on Mark's wall. The Facebook Team the responded to him with immediate alacrity. However, because of the intrusive manner that the Palestinian employed, Facebook said he will be receiving the stipulated $500 reward paid to anyone who is able to penetrate Facebook's security network.

Khalil Shreateh, whose first language is Arabic had tried it first with Mark's friend and fellow Harvard alumnus, Sarah Goodin by posting on her wall, hoping that he will get some kind of response, but he did not. His post on Sarah's wall reads:

My name is Khalil Shreateh. I finished school with B.A DEGREE in Information Systems. I would like to report a bug in your main site (www.facebook.com) which i discovered it.... The bug allow Facebook users to share links to other Facebook users, I tested it on Sarah. Goodi wall and I got success post.

But when he did not get any tangible response and was told that it was not a bug, he hacked his way onto Mark's page:

'Sorry for breaking your privacy, I had no other choice....after all the reports I sent to Facebook team'.

The post has been removed since and the security lapse has been fixed. The team then contacted him and demanded to know how he did the hacking. Facebook says they will not be giving the dude any reward but welcome his notifying them of any glitch in the future. Well, let's see if Facebook will employ the dude or not...lol!

http://www..com/mark-zuckerberg-hacked/

Re: Mark Zuckerberg's Page Hacked By Palestinian by aminho(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2013
dats all
Re: Mark Zuckerberg's Page Hacked By Palestinian by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 21, 2013
Saw this yesterday. He was sent a mail immediately after the post on Mark's wall. Obviously his plans of reaching him worked.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg's Page Hacked By Palestinian by mukina2: 11:52am On Aug 21, 2013

(1)

Market Health Review: Make Up To 60% Per Referral! / $200 Dollars A Day With Adsense, Facebook Page And Wordpress Blog / Participate In A Review For Retail Store Web-based Point Of Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.