Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! (1449 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Elaho: The Most Powerful Benin Diety / Anti-Diety of Christ: Form Of God Or Form Of Servant, Which Is Which? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Yes oh, Great is Yashua, worthy is the lamb of Elohim. I bring forth another verse which I wish anti-Diety of Christ brethren to digest against their belief that Yashua is ONLY mortal, mere man, not God-Man!
The jews from where Yashua came from, whom the oracles and the promises were given to, actually knew and understand more than you anti-Diety of Yahshua that Yashua statement was blasphemy. Based on what scripture did they considered and condemned Yashua and was ready to stone Him for blasphemy?

John 10:24-33

24 the Jews, therefore, came round about him, and said to him, 'Till when our soul dost thou hold in suspense? if thou art the Christ, tell us freely.'

25 Jesus answered them, 'I told you, and ye do not believe; the works that I do in the name of my Father, these testify concerning me;

26 but ye do not believe, for ye are not of my sheep,

27 according as I said to you: My sheep my voice do hear, and I know them, and they follow me,

28 and life age-during I give to them, and they shall not perish — to the age, and no one shall pluck them out of my hand;

29 my Father, who hath given to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck out of the hand of my Father;

30 I and the Father are one.'

31 Therefore, again, did the Jews take up stones that they may stone him;

32 Jesus answered them, 'Many good works did I shew you from my Father; because of which work of them do ye stone me?'

33 The Jews answered him, saying, 'For a good work we do not stone thee, but for evil speaking, and because thou, being a man, dost make thyself God.'
YLT

Am sure, it must be from this verse

Deut 6:4
4 Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord [the only Lord].
AMP

Thus for Yashua to make this statement

John 10:25-35

YLT

To the Jews, its blasphemy which deserve death by stoning.

Questions:
1. Are you anti-Diety of Yahshua saying in agreement with those Jews that Yashua was blaspheming?
2. Did Yashua retracted His statement because the Jews said that Yashua was equating Himself to Yahweh the Father?
3. If He did not retract His statement, why do you expect any more from us that believe and proclaim His Diety?
4. Do you agree like the jews that we are evil speaking of Yashua by claiming His Divinity?

Think, guys, are you like this Jews?
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
Frosbel... champion of Anti-Deity of Yashua... your comment grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
Frosbel... champion of Anti-Deity of Yahshua... your comment grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hmhmm... Nice thread. Subscribing...
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Judas2013: 2:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
hisblud: Yes oh, Great is Yashua, worthy is the lamb of Elohim. I bring forth another verse which I wish anti-Diety of Christ brethren to digest against their belief that Yashua is ONLY mortal, mere man, not God-Man!
The jews from where Yashua came from, whom the oracles and the promises were given to, actually knew and understand more than you anti-Diety of Yahshua that Yashua statement was blasphemy. Based on what scripture did they considered and condemned Yashua and was ready to stone Him for blasphemy?

Questions:
1. Are you anti-Diety of Yahshua saying in agreement with those Jews that Yashua was blaspheming?
2. Did Yashua retracted His statement because the Jews said that Yashua was equating Himself to Yahweh the Father?
3. If He did not retract His statement, why do you expect any more from us that believe and proclaim His Diety?
4. Do you agree like the jews that we are evil speaking of Yashua by claiming His Divinity?

What is your point exactly?

Worthy is Yeshua the lamb/scapegoat of the Elohim . What does that sound like to you?
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
our good ol'frosby made this statement
I agree - it's one thing learning with an open mind, it is another thing to learn with a closed mind.

The problem with these chaps is they think because this false pagan doctrine has been entrenched in orthodoxy for over 1700 years and the majority believe it , then it must be true. But if this is true , then Hinduism which has been around for over 3000 years and Islam 1400 years are all valid options.

The Trinity is a LIE from hell and Satan is having a field day in the false and apostate church , who of course have the majority.

What is that saying again ? " Broad is the way that leads to ......................... "

Compare what you wrote with what the Jews were about to do to Yahshua! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2013
Are the questions to hard for Anti-Diety of Christ to answer?
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 24, 2013
Judas2013:

What is your point exactly?

Worthy is Yeshua the lamb/scapegoat of the Elohim . What does that sound like to you?
read it and articulate the questions posed? Or are you claiming that Yahshua while in the Form of Servant was not referred to as Lamb of YHWH?
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2013

27 according as I said to you: My sheep my voice do hear, and I know them, and they follow me,

31 Therefore, again, did the Jews take up stones that they may stone him;

On a further note, did you notice the bolded...

Are all ye Anti-Diety of Christ, Yahshau's sheep?

If you are, then why do you "stone" those that believe that Yahshua and His Father are ONE?

Why do you accuse us of pagan worshipping thus blasphemy?
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 04, 2013
No reply from them. Thanks for the thread. I did learn a thing here. Thanks.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
@op.

Jesus never said he was God almighty neither was he making himself equal to God.

Evidently it is because Jesus attributes to himself powers that they believe belong exclusively to God. For example, he just said of the “sheep,” “I give them everlasting life,” which is something no human can do. The Jews, however, overlook the fact that Jesus acknowledges receiving authority from his Father.

That Jesus claims to be less than God, he next shows by asking: “Is it not written in your Law [at Psalm 82:6], ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, . . . do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?”

SO THERE IS NOTHING IN JESUS' WORDS TO JUSTIFY THE CLAIM OF THE JEWS.

At other time they also charged him of blasphemy when he said he was the Messiah. Matt. 26:63-68; Luke 22:66-71
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
JMAN05: @op.

Jesus never said he was God almighty neither was he making himself equal to God.

Sorry mate, reread this verse meditatively....
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.
KJV

JMAN05:
Evidently it is because Jesus attributes to himself powers that they believe belong exclusively to God. For example, he just said of the “sheep,” “I give them everlasting life,” which is something no human can do. The Jews, however, overlook the fact that Jesus acknowledges receiving authority from his Father.

sorry again... for someone to make that statement shows He actually KNOWS Who He is... He was not JUST claiming some ATTRIBUTES, He was stating the obvious... I and My Father is ONE!!..

JMAN05:
That Jesus claims to be less than God, he next shows by asking: “Is it not written in your Law [at Psalm 82:6], ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, . . . do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?”

At other time they also charged him of blasphemy when he said he was the Messiah. Matt. 26:63-68; Luke 22:66-71

Can you say this, "I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE" of your father and you....?
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
JMAN05: @op.

Bros... this verse is really deep...Glory to YHWH!!! Awesome...
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
Can you say this, "I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE" of your father and you....?

Yes. if i work in agreement with my father, I can say that we are one. I can even say that if you ve seen my father, you have seen me cos we work for the same purpose and he has entrusted me with the privilege of representing him.

again, those jews are just laying unreasonable accusation of what Jesus didnt say.

Jesus asked them why they accused him of blasphemy when he said he was God's son NOT God almighty. cant you see that in that verse?

when he said he and his father are one, he was not stating oneness in personality or equality.

now was Jesus stating the obvious 15 persons in one at john 17:21-22

21 that all of them may be one,
Father, just as you are in me and I
am in you. May they also be in us so
that the world may believe that you
have sent me. 22 I have given them
the glory that you gave me, that
they may be one as we are one

this is being one in agreement and working for a purpose, just like Paul said that 'he that planted and he that watered are one'.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Emusan(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2013
JMAN05:
Yes. if i work in agreement with my father, I can say that we are one.

Bro go and read Bible well, anywhere the Jews challenge Jesus, He(Jesus) always gives them straight answer according to their question. They wanted to stone Him for saying "I and My Father are one". He asked them "why do you want to stone me?" they said "you're a MAN but making Thyself God" In Jesus' statement He didn't deny it.

I can even say that if you ve seen my father, you have seen me cos we work for the same purpose and he has entrusted me with the privilege of representing him.

There must be a clause in between.

again, those jews are just laying unreasonable accusation of what Jesus didnt say.

They are very sure about the question and reason to stone Jesus.

Jesus asked them why they accused him of blasphemy when he said he was God's son NOT God almighty.

Emphasis add Jesus didn't say God Almighty hmmm. He didn't deny when the Jews said "He was a Man but makes thyself God"

cant you see that in that verse?

Can't you see also when they told Him He has devil but He(Jesus) quickly refuted it that He has no devil.

when he said he and his father are one, he was not stating oneness in personality or equality.

Can anyone seperate you and Your word?

This is major controversy of you people. Explain later because of time.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bro go and read Bible well, anywhere the Jews challenge Jesus, He(Jesus) always gives them straight answer according to their question. They wanted to stone Him for saying "I and My Father are one". He asked them "why do you want to stone me?" they said "you're a MAN but making Thyself God" In Jesus' statement He didn't deny it.

lets see Jesus reply:

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I
have said you are “gods”’ [ d ] ? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to
whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set
aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as
his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you
accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

doesnt that statement indicate that they misunderstood his position?

There must be a clause in between.

which clause?

They are very sure about the question and reason to stone Jesus.

Just like they were sure that Christ means God almighty in luke 22:70?

Emphasis add Jesus didn't say God Almighty hmmm. He didn't deny when the Jews said "He was a Man but makes thyself God"

did he accept it? what did he rather say, I am God almighty or Son of God?

Can't you see also when they told Him He has devil but He(Jesus) quickly refuted it that He has no devil.

the analogy does not match. find a positive one. however, he never said I have no devil.

Can anyone seperate you and Your word?

no. neither was Jesus the literal word of God.

This is major controversy of you people. Explain later because of time.

Lol. I await your double standard. whatever you say shall be compared with what Jesus said at John 10:30.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Emusan(m): 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
JMAN05:

If only you can look at it this way then you'll grab the message.
In each cases two different things were been emphasysing on 1) John 10 in this chapter...Jesus was challenged about His devinity 2) In John 17 Jesus was praying for His desciple.

In 1) above when the Jews told HIM "you're a man but making thyself God" and before this time their first question was "...How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly." John 10:24. Jesus respond wakes these people raised the first stone to cast it on Him....He didn't deny it. Finally He said "....that the Father is in me, and I in Him" this reply makes it clear that Jesus didn't deny His first statement..."I and my Father are one"....then the jews sought to take Him but He escaped....If they misunderstand Jesus in His statement Jesus would've clearified Himself as a result of the first action by Jews.

In 2) Jesus was doing what we can call heavenly fulfilled message in His prayer i.e that is the purpose of His birth, death, and resurrection. In the whole chapter you will notice these; we read when Jesus said "And now I am no more in the world..vr11....a similar one again ....while I was with them in the world....vr12" when He hasn't died.... Jesus said in john 8:23 "...ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world" He repeated this same statement in His prayer by saying "They(His desciples) are not of the world, even as I am not of the world"vr16....He finalized everything in this way "That they(His desciples) may be one,(why would they be one?); because as thou, Father, art in me(Jesus), and I(Jesus) in thee(Father), that the also may be one in US(both the Father and Jesus)vr21---Here Jesus was talking about His fulfilment of His death by reconcile us back to God. The onesess Jesus christ is talking about here isn't just in agreement alone but in His fulfilment of His death, how? He said "I(Jesus) in them(His desciples), and thou(Father) in me(Jesus)vr23....."
If this chapter is not well attend to it may mean a literal word to you.

this is being one in agreement and working for a purpose,

Explain above

just like Paul said that 'he that planted and he that watered are one'.

Yes base on the way you view it.

Shalom!
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Emusan(m): 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
JMAN05:
I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
doesnt that statement indicate that they misunderstood his position?

Initially His statement was cleared "I and my Father are one". They really understood Him and Jesus also made it clear when He said "My Father is in me, I in him" that He meant what He said because they believe Jesus Christ always teaches with Authority/makes the final statement not someone who begs for answer which resorted to the last stone.

which clause?
Like carbon copy which is not original.

Just like they were sure that Christ means God almighty in luke 22:70?

Good! My question now is; why the Jews don't want to hear Jesus calling Himself 'the Son of God'?
Remember you said Angels also are sons of God.

did he accept it? what did he rather say, I am God almighty or Son of God?

He also accepted it when Peter confirmed Him as a Son of the living God.

the analogy does not match. find a positive one. however, he never said I have no devil.
Hmmmmmm
John 8:48-49 "Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

He didn't deny Himself a samaritan but He quickly rejected being a devil. Even here He(Jesus) was even expecting them to honour Him the way they honour the Father. Jesus always answer the jews according to their question.

no. neither was Jesus the literal word of God.

Who is John 1:10 is talking about, Yeshua or Yehweh?

Lol. I await your double standard. whatever you say shall be compared with what Jesus said at John 10:30.

I did.

Shalom!
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 2:00am On Sep 07, 2013
Initially His statement was cleared "I and my Father are one". They really understood Him and Jesus also made it clear when He said "My Father is in me, I in him" that He meant what He said because they believe Jesus Christ always teaches with Authority/makes the final statement not someone who begs for answer which resorted to the last stone.

just like they were sure in luke 22:70. just like Jesus compared these oneness to the same thing the disciples will receive? john17:22.

Like carbon copy which is not original.

I or another person can equally say so of me and my father, if i look much like him.

Good! My question now is; why the Jews don't want to hear Jesus calling Himself 'the Son of God'?
Remember you said Angels also are sons of God.

no doubt there madness is that they view him as a man who just came from a carpenter. he has no money, no political power etc, so for him to even call himself a son of God was enough of him

these mindset may have led them to find fault with whatever he said so as to implicate him. of course no charge was found in him that could have condemned him to death as pilate said.

He also accepted it when Peter confirmed Him as a Son of the living God.

he accepted he was God almighty?

Hmmmmmm
John 8:48-49 "Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

He didn't deny Himself a samaritan but He quickly rejected being a devil. Even here He(Jesus) was even expecting them to honour Him the way they honour the Father. Jesus always answer the jews according to their question.

a) oh! your translation called it devil?
b) so Jesus is a samaritan since never rejected it.
c) I ask you, did Jesus say "yes I am God almighty"? rather he said I am son of God. that was a direct answer too.

secondly I ve shown you that I and my father are one doesnt prove trinity as Jesus used similar words to show his disciples that there relationship will be as the one he has with his father, namely by saying they will be one as they are one.

Who is John 1:10 is talking about, Yeshua or Yehweh?

Jesus and so what? of course God created things through his son Jesus. after he was created john1:15.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 07, 2013
If only you can look at it this way then you'll grab the message.
In each cases two different things were been emphasysing on 1) John 10 in this chapter...Jesus was challenged about His devinity 2) In John 17 Jesus was praying for His desciple.

In 1) above when the Jews told HIM "you're a man but making thyself God" and before this time their first question was "...How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly." John 10:24. Jesus respond wakes these people raised the first stone to cast it on Him....He didn't deny it. Finally He said "....that the Father is in me, and I in Him" this reply makes it clear that Jesus didn't deny His first statement..."I and my Father are one"....then the jews sought to take Him but He escaped....If they misunderstand Jesus in His statement Jesus would've clearified Himself as a result of the first action by Jews.

In 2) Jesus was doing what we can call heavenly fulfilled message in His prayer i.e that is the purpose of His birth, death, and resurrection. In the whole chapter you will notice these; we read when Jesus said "And now I am no more in the world..vr11....a similar one again ....while I was with them in the world....vr12" when He hasn't died.... Jesus said in john 8:23 "...ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world" He repeated this same statement in His prayer by saying "They(His desciples) are not of the world, even as I am not of the world"vr16....He finalized everything in this way "That they(His desciples) may be one,(why would they be one?); because as thou, Father, art in me(Jesus), and I(Jesus) in thee(Father), that the also may be one in US(both the Father and Jesus)vr21---Here Jesus was talking about His fulfilment of His death by reconcile us back to God. The onesess Jesus christ is talking about here isn't just in agreement alone but in His fulfilment of His death, how? He said "I(Jesus) in them(His desciples), and thou(Father) in me(Jesus)vr23....."

Hellooooo. That they may be in US. It is just like Jesus said the father is in me, why wont you call that a reconciliation? You see the double standard I am talking about?

Verse 22 says “that they may be one EVEN AS we are one.

Did you see the clear analogy there? Abeg spare me that double standard.

If this chapter is not well attend to it may mean a literal word to you.

The word means what Jesus said it is not these your double standard. So it is not longer 3 in 1 but 15 in one or more than that.

Yes base on the way you view it.

View it the way you view others.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Emusan(m): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2013
JMAN05:
just like they were sure in luke 22:70.

that He was the Son of God.

just like Jesus compared these oneness to the same thing the disciples will receive? john17:22.

I have tried to put more light on this.

I or another person can equally say so of me and my father, if i look much like him.

You can say so but there must always be a little different as human which doesn't give 100% guarantee of your statement.

these mindset may have led them to find fault with whatever he said so as to implicate him. of course no charge was found in him that could have condemned him to death as pilate said.

Remember not only that they disagree with Him or just looking for a fault with Him but just to be sure whether HE IS THE MESSIAH also because they believe the messiah must totally different from what ordinary human being can do/be.
They asked Him "how long hast thou make us to doubt, that you're the messiah?....." Again when there was an argument btw them they said "even if Messiah comes can he do more than what this Man(Jesus) is doing?" meaning the messiah must have been a very special one.

he accepted he was God almighty?

No where in the Bible you'll ever see such from Jesus. But no one can seperate you from your WORD.

a) oh! your translation called it devil?

Yes sir! KJV

b) so Jesus is a samaritan since never rejected it.

Get me right I mean for Him to reject being a devil He should've rejected it immediately when they challenged Him of "being a man but making Himself God"

c) I ask you, did Jesus say "yes I am God almighty"? rather he said I am son of God. that was a direct answer too.

He first said you're gods! By quoting psalms.

secondly I ve shown you that I and my father are one doesnt prove trinity

Depend on how you reason with my two perspetives "Devinity challenge & Prayer for His desciple"

as Jesus used similar words to show his disciples that there relationship will be as the one he has with his father, namely by saying they will be one as they are one.

He also said they are not of the world as He is not of the world.

Jesus and so what? of course God created things through his son Jesus. after he was created john1:15.

Bro reason well, in Gen account we read "And God said let there be" at the beginning of all the creations and "there was" at the end of them except man. If God now created worlds through Jesus after He(Jesus) was created how then God command all creations to come into existence Himself? Heb 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the WORD of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Here if the WORD of God created the universe then you contradict yourself by saying God created it through Jesus. It will only work when you agree that Jesus is the spoken word of God afore mention by emusan.

Shalom!
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Emusan(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2013
JMAN05:
Hellooooo. That they may be in US. It is just like Jesus said the father is in me,

So to you what did Jesus mean when He said my Father is in me, and I in Him?
why wont you call that a reconciliation?

Is that not reconcillation?

You see the double standard I am talking about?

I see.

Verse 22 says “that they may be one EVEN AS we are one.

Always look at the purpose of every words. When Jesus said they are not of the world EVEN as I am not of the world, what does it mean?

Did you see the clear analogy there? Abeg spare me that double standard.

I see.

The word means what Jesus said it is not these your double standard. So it is not longer 3 in 1 but 15 in one or more than that.

We are all one in Christ infact not 15 again more than thousands in one.

View it the way you view others.

View it also.

My stance on Trinity is this:
*Father-God Himself.
*Son-The spoken-word of the Father who God(Father) sent into the world in flesh in person of Jesus Christ.
*HolySpirit-The Spirit of Father Himself.
So these three are one 1John 5:7

You can quote me wrong if all these are not support by Bible.

Shalom!
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 09, 2013
that He was the Son of God.

I have tried to put more light on this.

You can say so but there must always be a little different as human which doesn't give 100% guarantee of your statement.

that is the same way it is with Jesus and God. God is the father whom Jesus calls God and father, Jesus subjects himself to God, God is greater than Jesus, Jesus was begotten and created, God was not, Col.1:15.

Jesus have died before God has not. there are things Jesus doesnt know but God knows, Jesus was taught by God, no one taught God. God gave Jesus commandment, no one gave God. Jesus can never be equal to Him.

Remember not only that they disagree with Him or just looking for a fault with Him but just to be sure whether HE IS THE MESSIAH also because they believe the messiah must totally different from what ordinary human being can do/be.
They asked Him "how long hast thou make us to doubt, that you're the messiah?....." Again when there was an argument btw them they said "even if Messiah comes can he do more than what this Man(Jesus) is doing?" meaning the messiah must have been a very special one.

I dont agree with you. Jesus performed all that was written in the prophets to prove he was the messiah, still they refused to believe. This people expected the messiah to come with a striking observableness. they thought he was coming to liberate them from Roman captivity, but Jesus came from a poor home and he never fulfilled what they had in their minds. while doubting the possibility of his being the promised one, they sought for a clue to kill him. Pilate knew he was innocent of the accusation.

No where in the Bible you'll ever see such from Jesus. But no one can seperate you from your WORD.

but are you the same as your word or is your word JUST a part of you?

Yes sir! KJV

I see. you better port.

Get me right I mean for Him to reject being a devil He should've rejected it immediately when they challenged Him of "being a man but making Himself God"

John 8:48-49 "Then answered the
Jews, and said unto him, Say we
not well that thou art a Samaritan,
and hast a devil?

understand me too. They also called him a sameritan, which Jesus didnt reject, does it now mean that Jesus is a sameritan?

He first said you're gods! By quoting psalms.

but he didnt end there. also he shows that the sons of God can equally be called a god. his finally words buttress his point, namely "I am a son of God".

Depend on how you reason with my two perspetives "Devinity challenge & Prayer for His desciple"

your divinity challenge shows that Jesus words means that he is the same person as the father. that same oneness was what he introduced at chapter 17. by saying EVEN AS WE ARE ONE.

He also said they are not of the world as He is not of the world.

of course, but that doesnt invalidate his other words, does it?

Bro reason well, in Gen account we read "And God said let there be" at the beginning of all the creations and "there was" at the end of them except man. If God now created worlds through Jesus after He(Jesus) was created how then God command all creations to come into existence Himself? Heb 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the WORD of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Here if the WORD of God created the universe then you contradict yourself by saying God created it through Jesus. It will only work when you agree that Jesus is the spoken word of God afore mention by emusan.

the word God used was a literal impersonal word while Jesus is a personality.

that Jesus was called a God, I understand that to mean that he was a spokesperson for God. however this doesnt mean that God doesnt speak for himself at times.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 09, 2013
So to you what did Jesus mean when He said my Father is in me, and I in Him?

they are in union with each other, in agreement. they work for the same purpose cos Jesus knows his father's plan.

Is that not reconcilliation

meaning?

Always look at the purpose of every words. When Jesus said they are not of the world EVEN as I am not of the world, what does it mean?

that he is no part of the world JUST as his disciples are no part of the world. this has no bearing in this discussion. at least he never drew a comparison btween that and his father.

We are all one in Christ infact not 15 again more than thousands in one.

good.

My stance on Trinity is this:
*Father-God Himself.
*Son-The spoken-word of the Father who God(Father) sent into the world in flesh in person of Jesus Christ.
*HolySpirit-The Spirit of Father Himself.
So these three are one 1John 5:7

You can quote me wrong if all these are not support by Bible.

a) if be is just a literal word of God, then he is just part of God not the same as God.

b) meaning that you believe that the holy spirit is just an active force?

c) the bible you quoted does not match your position. however that verse is not in the bible. pls read it from RSV or NIV. I ve told you to port.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 09, 2013
hisblud: Yes oh, Great is Yashua, worthy is the lamb of Elohim. I bring forth another verse which I wish anti-Diety of Christ brethren to digest against their belief that Yashua is ONLY mortal, mere man, not God-Man!

Questions:

Were these stories true? I doubt. Christianity was hijacked from African religions. Only a foolish black man will actually take the bible stories serious.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness:

Were these stories true? I doubt. Christianity was hijacked from African religions. Only a foolish black man will actually take the bible stories serious.

why do you think that the bible is not true or why it is a hyjack of african religion?
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 09, 2013
JMAN05:

why do you think that the bible is not true or why it is a hyjack of african religion?

1. All the stories resemble the book of the dead's story written by the black Egyptians 10,000 years ago. The story of Horus was the original story before Jesus.

2. It is only in the Bible the ancient isrealites were enslaved in Egypt. There is no book in Egypt that stated the isrealites were enslaved.

3 Father,Son and Holy ghost?!! Where dd that come from? The original according to the book of the dead was Father,Mother and Son. The Bible writters took out the importance of a Mother and replaced it with Holy Ghost . A"God" can never have a "son" without a Goddess/Mother.

4 The bible have got no archeological evidences but Egypt still got loads of evidences in writing,building,pyramids,paintings till today. Even the burial chambers of the kings! No evidence at all of Moses,Abraham,Isaac ,Jacob,jesus,Mary,etc. nothing! And you choose to believe the white man's story?

African spirituality has been hijacked!
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
1. All the stories resemble the book of the dead's story written by the black Egyptians 10,000 years ago. The story of Horus was the original story before Jesus.

Well, it is not cos Jesus and his father a separate individuals. Jesus is equally a historical figure while horus is a myth.

2. It is only in the Bible the ancient isrealites were enslaved in Egypt. There is no book in Egypt that stated the isrealites were enslaved.

there is. maybe you ve not heard that there is an ancient drawing showing egyptian slaves.

3 Father,Son and Holy ghost?!! Where dd that come from? The original according to the book of the dead was Father,Mother and Son. The Bible writters took out the importance of a Mother and replaced it with Holy Ghost . A"God" can never have a "son" without a Goddess/Mother.

that is mythology for you. but the bible isnt. God can have a son through creation.

4 The bible have got no archeological evidences but Egypt still got loads of evidences in writing,building,pyramids,paintings till today. Even the burial chambers of the kings! No evidence at all of Moses,Abraham,Isaac ,Jacob,jesus,Mary,etc. nothing! And you choose to believe the white man's story?

the bible has archaeological evidence supporting some of it's statements.

Josephus attested to the historicity of Jesus and John the baptist.

though no evidence of Moses but there is an indirect prove of his existence. this is confirmed by archaeological data according to Egyptologist James K. Hoffmeier.

archaeological evidence proves the existence of Abraham.

African spirituality has been hijacked!

No one hijacked anything. christianity is not a religion of any particular race. it is for all.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hi Jman05... was banned by a bot hence my long absense... guess i jokingly stated e.nD tIEM ZGINHT on a tried....
Well will address your post....
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
JMAN05:

Yes. if i work in agreement with my father, I can say that we are one. I can even say that if you ve seen my father, you have seen me cos we work for the same purpose and he has entrusted me with the privilege of representing him.

Ok but NO ONE will be so disgusted to the point of raining curses on you talk less of stoning you... hope you know that? But you know... Yahshua saying it... stones was raised to stone Him...

Jesus asked them why they accused him of blasphemy when he said he was God's son NOT God almighty. cant you see that in that verse?

Paul and the jews knows this all to well to know that the Jews understood what it means when Someone claims ... I and Father is one.... more than you and I that were grafted to the tree....

As i stated above, the jews understand what this verses mean...
Deut 6:4
4 Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord [the only Lord].
AMP

and this

Deut 13:10
10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

KJV

To them, they felt that Yahshua "being" just a man.. trying to equating Himself with the Unseen YHWH, was in other words trying to turn them away from the Unseen Spirit. Do you think that the hebrews did not understand what it means to claim such ONENESS with the Unseen YHWH as blasphemy? No, they know rightly what they were doing.... you intend to rationalise it that they were just misguided... that is so wrong to say the least...You cannot be more jews than the Jews of the time of Yahshua...

21 that all of them may be one,
Father, just as you are in me and I
am in you. May they also be in us so
that the world may believe that you
have sent me. 22 I have given them
the glory that you gave me, that
they may be one as we are one

this is being one in agreement and working for a purpose, just like Paul said that 'he that planted and he that watered are one'.

NO, i disagree with you.. in the vs 21 you quoted, what is the "being one in agreement and working for a purpose" that Yahshua stated we are to be doing?
But i agree with you that paul planted and another watered... there is a purpose for being one...
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ok but NO ONE will be so disgusted to the point of raining curses on you talk less of stoning you... hope you know that? But you know... Yahshua saying it... stones was raised to stone Him...

that was not the reason that statement was made.

Paul and the jews knows this all to well to know that the Jews understood what it means when Someone claims ... I and Father is one.... more than you and I that were grafted to the tree....

they also should know that when one says he is the son of God, he is blaspheming, not so?

they also know that if you perform miracle, you are using demonic power. not so?

To them, they felt that Yahshua "being" just a man.. trying to equating Himself with the Unseen YHWH, was in other words trying to turn them away from the Unseen Spirit. Do you think that the hebrews did not understand what it means to claim such ONENESS with the Unseen YHWH as blasphemy? No, they know rightly what they were doing.... you intend to rationalise it that they were just misguided... that is so wrong to say the least...You cannot be more jews than the Jews of the time of Yahshua...

concerning the bolded. that is your thought.

concerning your statement on blasphemy, they (the jews) also know that a son of God is God, not so?

[quote]NO, i disagree with you.. in the vs 21 you quoted, what is the "being one in agreement and working for a purpose" that Yahshua stated we are to be doing?
But i agree with you that paul planted and another watered... there is a purpose for being one...

being united and working towards a purpose as he and his father does.

now i ask you, if Jesus meant that he and the father are one in personality, would it not mean that his disciples will be the same? because he compared their oneness with that which he wants his disciples to share.
Re: Anti-diety Of Christ: Are You Any Better Than This Jews? :) Think! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
JMAN05:

that was not the reason that statement was made.

what reason if i may ask?

JMAN05:
they also should know that when one says he is the son of God, he is blaspheming, not so?

John 10:39

39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
KJV

JMAN05:
they also know that if you perform miracle, you are using demonic power. not so?

how is this relevant to Yahshua being one with the Father?

JMAN05: being united and working towards a purpose as he and his father does.
in the context above, before He stated He and His Father are one ... what was the purpose He was working towards with the Father...?

JMAN05:
now i ask you, if Jesus meant that he and the father are one in personality, would it not mean that his disciples will be the same? because he compared their oneness with that which he wants his disciples to share.

Did He state such in John 10...let me know...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer To All Igbo's / Top 5 Richest Pastors In Nigeria And Their Networth / 13 Pictures That Describe How Nigerian Muslims Really Feel At The End Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.