Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? (1414 Views)

Top 10 Tips To Sustain Your Marriage / 10 qualities every spouse/partner must possessto enjoy and sustain their marriag / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by EveryLadY(f): 10:40am On Aug 21, 2013
I brought this question to the family section because of the maturity of most of its handlers.
I have this friend,she is very mature,in her 30's.She seem not to know how to sustain relationships. She had dated good marriageable men, yet non has transformed into marriage. Her problem is that when a man approaches her for friendship,she will like or even love the person,but once the man want to take the relationship further for marriage,she will lose every interest in that man.This friend is a good christian. when we (ie her friends)tried to make her see this as a serious issue,she will tell us that every man she looses interest in is not God's will for her marriage.
Please house how do we help this friend of mine? We have even suggested she go see Ms.Funmi Akingbade. Anybody with any known solution please?
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by Bootylicious(f): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2013
She has a spiritual problem and needs deliverance
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2013
Bootylicious: She has a spiritual problem and needs deliverance

I don't think so @Bootylicious!

I just think she hasn't found that right person that connects with her soul.

The men you (her friends) see as marriageable might not be so to her!!

She should just calm down, review her priorities she desires in a man & maybe she can compromise a little. She will be fine!!

P.s Who is Ms. Funmi Akingbade?
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2013
@op must you like every man you come across
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by kreamidiva(f): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2013
Deliverance 1st
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2013
It might be either of these.
Psychological; something is preventing her from getting comitd.
Afraid of commitment.
Maturity;number of yrs does not depict maturity
Compartibility;some pple r compartible only as friend.
Choice;its her choice anyway. Her life.
High standard;this speaks for itself.

Op, let her be. Period. Its her life. Don't interfer. And u guys don't hv d right to tell her who she will marry.
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by EfemenaXY: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
Every_LadY: I brought this question to the family section because of the maturity of most of its handlers.
I have this friend,she is very mature,in her 30's.She seem not to know how to sustain relationships. She had dated good marriageable men, yet non has transformed into marriage. Her problem is that when a man approaches her for friendship,she will like or even love the person,but once the man want to take the relationship further for marriage,she will lose every interest in that man.This friend is a good christian. when we (ie her friends)tried to make her see this as a serious issue,she will tell us that every man she looses interest in is not God's will for her marriage.
Please house how do we help this friend of mine? We have even suggested she go see Ms.Funmi Akingbade. Anybody with any known solution please?

Your "very mature" friend doesn't see this as a problem worth losing sleep over.

So why do you? Learn to stop taking Panadol for someone else's headache.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by 2goodbobo(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
She needs spiritual bath.
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
2goodbobo: She needs spiritual bath.

Of course....to be performed by Pastor 2goodbobo!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by Kanwulia: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sounds like a woman suffering from what I call "THE HALLE BERRY SYNDROME" or CURSE! grin Your upbringing and relationship with your FATHER as a FEMALE determines how you can relate with the MALES in your life! SOUNDS LIKE THIS 'SISTAH-WOMAN'
WAS ABANDONED BY AAAAAALLLLL MALE FIGURES IN HER LIFE. . . . EVEN BROTHERS! kiss

I HAVE TOLD YOU PEOPLE MANY TIMES THAT AFRICA AND NIGERIA ESPECIALLY, is full of EMOTIONAL VAGABONDS!!!! If you were NEVER BORN WITH LOVE, YOU
CAN NEVER ATTRACT OR APPRECIATE LOVE!!! kiss

If you need to sustain A RELATIONSHIP, it is FAKE!
Love is NOT by force!!!! kiss

How do you sustain a relationship with SOMEONE you do NOT even like, not to mention love? undecided

That is equal to LIVING IN BONDAGE!!!!! grin

Fiaaaaaaaaaakwa!!!! I resemble 'CHRISTIAN' or 'MUSLIM' wife or CONCUBINE? cheesy

I HAVE TO REEEEEALLY LIKE YOU TO LIVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF WITH YOU O!

If not na separate floors in the same house OR SEPARATE HOUSES!!!

I do NOT maintain 'relationships' with EMOTIONAL NOMADS/VAGABONDS!!!! kiss

After PHOCKING, please PACK YA TROSIS AND TOOTHBRUSH and GET DA HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!! kiss

See ya azzzzze, when I need ya, IF I NEED YOU! cool

Did I not tell you I WAS RAISED BY A MAN? grin Oxytocin ko, MELATONIN ni!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh! Abi I resemble MGBEKE-TOTO wey dey find love WITHOUT SELF-LOVE? I don play DA SHYTE! If love does not sustain itself, NO DEAL! I ain't that NEEDY or DESPERATE for mundane or divine companionship, thank you! kiss
I did not have such DO OR DIE LOVE-LIKE PARENTS!

THE QUESTION IS: WHAT CAN YOU GIVE ME THAT I CANNOT GIVE MYSELF? undecided

WITH ME, you only get what you GIVE! kiss NOT A PENNY MORE, NOT A PENNY LESS!

I resemble DESPERADO-MUGU? grin

Rubbbish!!! cool
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by slimyem: 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
Op,you think she's fended off marriageable men but it hasn't occurred to you that her standards might not be your standards? You think she's very mature yet you don't think she's mature enough to decide when to make and sustain such lifelong choices?
Why are you seeing a problem where there's none? Your friend isn't complaining so why not face front?
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by EveryLadY(f): 11:06am On Aug 28, 2013
I love that finally I got some responses on this issue. Thanks to all contributions. Most of the things I wrote are actually her personal concern, not mine. She keep asking me "Why am I interested in a man today,I will even be wishing he propose and the very moment the proposal comes,my interest begins to wane and I will not even want to see the person again".

Ms.Funmi Akingbade is Psychology/marriage counselor in Lagos. Me think she is kind of balanced in her approach to marriage issues.

@yellowpawpow, she has had her own share of psychological issues while growing up.Molested by uncles,suffered the death of 1st fiance while they were preparing for marriage,had another marriage preparation called off at the last minute.
So all these have compounded her case.
I will have her come here to read ur posts since she is not a nairalander.
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by greatgod2012(f): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Every_LadY: I love that finally I got some responses on this issue. Thanks to all contributions. Most of the things I wrote are actually her personal concern, not mine. She keep asking me "Why am I interested in a man today,I will even be wishing he propose and the very moment the proposal comes,my interest begins to wane and I will not even want to see the person again".

Ms.Funmi Akingbade is Psychology/marriage counselor in Lagos. Me think she is kind of balanced in her approach to marriage issues.

@yellowpawpow, she has had her own share of psychological issues while growing up.Molested by uncles,suffered the death of 1st fiance while they were preparing for marriage,had another marriage preparation called off at the last minute.
So all these have compounded her case.
I will have her come here to read ur posts since she is not a nairalander.

she has all these problems, especially, being molested by uncles and here you are asking why shes afraid to love or marry anyone, the problem is that, she will believe all men are the same. She is suffering from the fear of the past and fear of the future. She need to see a psychologist/a certified marriage counsellor as soon as possible. It is not her fault at all. For now, if she is based in Nigeria, Funmi Akingbade is who comes to my mind. But tell her to not allow what happened in the past to ruin her future joy. It is well with her and may God give her the healing she really need.
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by EveryLadY(f): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
greatgod2012:

she has all these problems, especially, being molested by uncles and here you are asking why shes afraid to love or marry anyone, the problem is that, she will believe all men are the same. She is suffering from the fear of the past and fear of the future. She need to see a psychologist/a certified marriage counsellor as soon as possible. It is not her fault at all. For now, if she is based in Nigeria, Funmi Akingbade is who comes to my mind. But tell her to not allow what happened in the past to ruin her future joy. It is well with her and may God give her the healing she really need.

Amen to that prayer.thanks a lot @ . I pray she gives in to aunty Funmi's suggestion soonest.

I love this family section folks,u peeps rocks.
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by alexmbachu2: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
i support u in a way but she can bring her self out of the mess she is in.just a matter of time.
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by alexmbachu2: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
Oh no! I just pity her. Pls tell her it is well.
Nothing lasts forever. She will heal.
I had a psychological problems too during my own time and was aversive to men. I will give all manner of reason not to consider a man's proposal. I was running from d inevitable but I cried to God one day that I need help.
When hubby came my way, even though that other part of me was saying no,I just couldn't help but fall for him cos he was very understanding of d situation on ground.

She should pls accept d fact that everything is not ok.(I'm going this deep cos u said she will read this)
Its not her fault that she experienced tragedy(part of life). I can't even start with my own shares of them.
Has she ever let it out or she just bottled the whole thing up? Can she cry, throw something,yell? By all means she should indulge herself whenever d feeling is too strong for her(part of healin process)
Is she a christian? Jer29:11 should be always on her lips( positive confession).this will make her start thinkin differently about life generally.
When her man comes around, he will break d remaing barrier if there is any. But she has to be open to d guy.

I so much feel for her. Pls dear, God will bring a man that will make u feel lv again and believe u me, u will not feel d past again.
I wish u well dear,I hope and pray u share ur testimony with us.

Poster,u guys should not pressurize her.let her heal from within.
As for d randy uncle,pls try and forgive him so u can heal properly.

God's blessing and guidance.
Re: How Do You Sustain Interest In A Relationship? by EveryLadY(f): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Oh no! I just pity her. Pls tell her it is well.
Nothing lasts forever. She will heal.
I had a psychological problems too during my own time and was aversive to men. I will give all manner of reason not to consider a man's proposal. I was running from d inevitable but I cried to God one day that I need help.
When hubby came my way, even though that other part of me was saying no,I just couldn't help but fall for him cos he was very understanding of d situation on ground.

She should pls accept d fact that everything is not ok.(I'm going this deep cos u said she will read this)
Its not her fault that she experienced tragedy(part of life). I can't even start with my own shares of them.
Has she ever let it out or she just bottled the whole thing up? Can she cry, throw something,yell? By all means she should indulge herself whenever d feeling is too strong for her(part of healin process)
Is she a christian? Jer29:11 should be always on her lips( positive confession).this will make her start thinkin differently about life generally.
When her man comes around, he will break d remaing barrier if there is any. But she has to be open to d guy.

I so much feel for her. Pls dear, God will bring a man that will make u feel lv again and believe u me, u will not feel d past again.
I wish u well dear,I hope and pray u share ur testimony with us.

Poster,u guys should not pressurize her.let her heal from within.
As for d randy uncle,pls try and forgive him so u can heal properly.

God's blessing and guidance.

She notified me of ur post. tanks a lot. yes she is a xtian. i got to know about it cos she opened up. U are just right.crying has a psychological effect on us human. the randy uncle is late o! died on top woman.

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: 8 Immediate Effect Fast Foods Have On Children / Divorce Alert! Pray Together And Stay Together. / A Nairalander Just Made My Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.