Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... (1099 Views)

The Return Of Pastor Chris To Benin-city / Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting. / Countdown To The Rapture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2013
Hi,

This thread is created specifically to address the ish of all those who decided not to be part of this section because of what they believed to be some obvious wrong. Some of this exiles have returned voluntarily but this is not true for others.

I was hoping that we could get something close to a list of those who left and anyone who has one or more of their contacts could help inform them of this move with the goal of getting them back.

I have the contact of Musky, and I have already started working to bring him back. Though he proved quite difficult and had a lot of ish he needed to thrash out. He promised to be here sometime on Sunday.

Please if you can help out with other members who left, indicate and let us know the outcome of the efforts you have put in so far.

The countdown begins...
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by UyiIredia(m): 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ain't putting in no effort. The people I know who left are old enough to know what they want and though I would want them back I'm not inclined to push it, when they feel like, they'll come. Logicboy is an example. Dude couldn't spend more than a few days off NL grin
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Ain't putting in no effort. The people I know who left are old enough to know what they want and though I would want them back I'm not inclined to push it, when they feel like, they'll come. Logicboy is an example. Dude couldn't spend more than a few days off NL grin

Cool!!!
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by kingofpool: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
me,i and myself only i ll bring dem back....

End point;:: dnt worry ok i gat dem contact of dem....charley de ll be back...in olamide's voice
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tobechi74: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Why do i have the feeling that you are campaigning for mod
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
tobechi74: Why do i have the feeling that you are campaigning for mod
spot on. The way this chap has been carrying himself up and down proliferating posts and threads, making people notice his presence in the Religion section, seems as if he has an agenda
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
tobechi74: Why do i have the feeling that you are campaigning for mod

Why do I have the feeling that you are deliberately trying not to be smart?

1 Like

Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
toba: spot on. The way this chap has been carrying himself up and down proliferating posts and threads, making people notice his presence in the Religion section, seems as if he has an agenda

Still hiding behind the shokoto of 'small boys'
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
any idea why they left? if it was because of the issue with @maclatunji mod. then it is best to respect their wishes. if it was over some other inadequacies of nairaland, then these should be addressed adequately
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
voltron: any idea why they left? if it was because of the issue with @maclatunji mod. then it is best to respect their wishes. if it was over some other inadequacies of nairaland, then these should be addressed adequately

I can't tell if the ish with maclatunji is the primary reason why a number of them left but I suspect muskeeto's ish goes beyond just maclatunji. I had the impression that he was not particularly happy at the comments of some members.

I think he was not particularly happy at a comment I made. Something like: "Seun's forum, his rules". Anyways, when he comes on Sunday I hope I can get some more info on any other perceived ish.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
no biggie, people are asking for a deactivate button, thats more important than all these, imo.

anybody can quit nl for whatever reason they deem fit, the priority remains the site should allow members to deactivate their accounts.

the request has been pending for ages now.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:
no biggie, people are asking for a deactivate button, thats more important than all these, imo.

anybody can quit nl for whatever reason they deem fit, the priority remains the site should allow members to deactivate their accounts.

the request has been pending for ages now.

I agree completely.

Everyone reserves the right to either choose to be here or not but this does not mean we can't try to bring back some members who left due to an ish faced by all.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tobechi74: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
I came to nairaland alone ...i will leave alone.....logicboy, muskeetor etc didnt come with me.

I came freely ....i'l leave freely...i wasnt forced or beged to join, neither will i beg any person

logic boy and muskeeto are adults capable of making their own decicion...

perhaps,theey have reunited at an atheist site...let them be

you miss them, so do i...so does many of us.

If they decides to come back, thats good but let the decision be from their heart ...not cos of other nairalanders

soldier come ..soldier Go...barracks remain
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 2:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ stryklymi

"All" in your context is extremely subjective.

lets let bygones be bygones, what's the issue now?

deepsight has signed off nairaland a number of times, this isnt his first attempt.

he'll be back whenever he feels like it.

musqueeto, na him sabi, not my business if he's here or not.

who else quit- you can list the names or something.

however, the deactivation requests preceded all these.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2013
tobechi74:

thank goodness you said many, not all.

seriously though, what the heck is going on in this section?

why are all of you crying up a storm over some members' absences?

i did say it seemed sort of unmanly, somehow.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2013
tobechi74: I came to nairaland alone ...i will leave alone.....logicboy, muskeetor etc didnt come with me.

I came freely ....i'l leave freely...i wasnt forced or beged to join, neither will i beg any person

logic boy and muskeeto are adults capable of making their own decicion...

perhaps,theey have reunited at an atheist site...let them be

If they decides to come back, thats good but let the decision be from their heart ...not cos of other nairalanders

soldier come ..soldier Go...barracks remain

I agree with the above but it still does not undermine the fact that everyone reserves the right to ask them to come back. This is not about pleading with anyone but more about resolving an ish.

#I believe LB is still very much around.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:
@ stryklymi

"All" in your context is extremely subjective.

You are right about that.

tpia@:

lets let bygones be bygones, what's the issue now?

There is no ish, just trying to get some 'friends' back.

tpia@:

deepsight has signed off nairaland a number of times, this isnt his first attempt.

he'll be back whenever he feels like it.

musqueeto, na him sabi, not my business if he's here or not.

Hmmm....

tpia@:

who else quit- you can list the names or something.

I don't know how many left but I believe DS and Musky are part of those who left.

tpia@:

however, the deactivation requests preceded all these.

Lol!!!
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
striktlymi:

There is no ish, just trying to get some 'friends' back.

you can follow them wherever they went, is it a must it has to be here on nl?
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
personally, imo the way some people reacted during the incident in question, was very disgraceful and highly embarassing.

such a pity.

i cant blame the atheists- they know no better, but for the ones who said they were christian, i've never been so embarassed since i joined this site.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:

you can follow them wherever they went, is it a must it has to be here on nl?

I met them here. If I choose to leave nairaland, it definitely will not be because of another site.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:
personally, imo the way some people reacted during the incident in question, was very disgraceful and highly embarassing.

such a pity.

i cant blame the atheists- they know no better, but for the ones who said they were christian, i've never been so embarassed in my life.

I respect the above as your opinion but some persons would see it quite differently. I believe some of us allowed our emotions get in the way.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
striktlymi:

I met them here. If I choose to leave nairaland, it definitely will not be because of another site.

you met them here doesnt mean you must continue to meet them here indefinitely.

majority of the nlers who started the site with seun, have signed off- is he disturbing himself because of that?
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
striktlymi:

I respect the above as your opinion but some persons would see it quite differently. I believe some of us allowed our emotions get in the way.

yeah, whatever, not going to drag this ad infinitum.

but lets drop the whiny baby act, its unbefitting of adults which i assume most are.

are there 5 year olds on the site?
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:

you met them here doesnt mean you must continue to meet them here indefinitely.

majority of the nlers who started the site with seun, have signed off- is he disturbing himself because of that?

My ish really is not that they left but the way they did. There have been times when other members will just go off the radar and I am not particularly bothered but this case is different.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:

yeah, whatever, not going to drag this ad infinitum.

but lets drop the whiny baby act, its unbefitting of adults which i assume most are.

are there 5 year olds on the site?

Asking someone to come back does not make the one asking any less of an adult.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tobechi74: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
Every one has his own way of reacting to things they dont agree with. While some prefer, persuasion ,others use violence, insults, strike, dialogue etc. Some swallow the insult and ride on like nothing happened while others render their resignition leter.

Each has its own pros and cons ......but your own method mustnt be accepted as the best

of course ,all has one aim, to effect a change.,........

The question should be " has the change be effected"
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
striktlymi:

My ish really is not that they left but the way they did. There have been times when other members will just go off the radar and I am not particularly bothered but this case is different.

what's wrong with the way they left?

when seun put shrekilt and afarm4ever in politics section, didnt people leave?

how is this case different?

and, like i asked before, what is going on in this section- there's something weird here.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Asking someone to come back does not make the one asking any less of an adult.

crying and whining endlessly over internet matters, is not adult behaviour.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tpia5: 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
anyway, later.

knock yourself out.
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by tobechi74: 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:

crying and whining endlessly over internet matters, is not adult behaviour.

two wrongs dont make a right.

Expressing your opinion on a matter doesnt make you less a man .though ,too much of everthing is wrong
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
tobechi74: Every one has his own way of reacting to things they dont agree with. While some prefer, persuasion ,others use violence, insults, strike, dialogue etc. Some swallow the insult and ride on like nothing happened while others render their resignition leter.

Okay, cool!

tobechi74:
Each has its own pros and cons ......but your own method mustnt be accepted as the best

I never said my methods are the best.

tobechi74:
of course ,all has one aim, to effect a change.,........

The question should be " has the change be effected"

The question should be: can change be effected by not addressing the ish?
Re: Countdown To The Return Of Muskeeto And Other Self Exiles Of This Section... by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
tpia@:

what's wrong with the way they left?

when seun put shrekilt and afarm4ever in politics section, didnt people leave?

how is this case different?

and, like i asked before, what is going on in this section- there's something weird here.

Everyone has a right to do things the way they want as long as their way is not infringing on the rights of others. You don't care if members leave and I am not asking you to change your view. I do care how they left and my views too should be respected.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Biblical To Suspend A Pastor/member Of A Church? / Sunday Bible Quiz Competition - Win Recharge Pins For FREE! / IMMORTALLIZATION OF DR. WALTER MILLER THROUH A MOTION PICTURE DOCUMENTARY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.