Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (61689 Views)

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / UI 2009/2010 Post Ume Exams With Instructions / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2008
Is der any1 dat knw d process or mode of ui pst ume.pls inform mi.because i learnt dy require a sound o'level n nt jamb.she na truth.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by delejames(m): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2008
Yes na True.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2008
Pls can u tell mi hw dey do the grading of d o'level n jamb in ui@delejames
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by princesa(f): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2008
now this is serious
what will be my fate with no score atall in maths embarassed
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Tosbi(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2008
Ui places more of their priority on 0'level than jamb. So if u wanna enter UI, it's beta u ve a very sound 0'level as dat is their major concern. Wat UI usually does is calculate d scores of ur 0'level 2gether wit ur jamb score(dere is a way dey calculate it) 2 form ur point. So if u score a reasonable point above ur course point, then u come 4 screening interview. Dat's UI system 4 u.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Tosbi(m): 9:50am On Jun 13, 2008
UI usually admits 2 batches. 1 on merit & 2nd batch whom ve 2 do change of course 2 d available courses & still has 2 come 4 interview. My experience in d last years was damn stressful. Bt i tank God 2day sha.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by dapsycool(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2008
Tobs, i cousin scored 210, any hope for her to study geology and what was your interview about, u can drop your number, i'll call u
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by princesa(f): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2008
hi tosbi
i have got b's in my other 4 subjects but none at all in maths
will that affect me much,

and how is there interview
pls drop ur number
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2008
Hello everyone! Please I'd like to be notified of any development pertaining to the UI's post UME too. If you need my email, reach me on madawgvic at outgun dot com. Thanks.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Tosbi(m): 11:33am On Jun 14, 2008
No probs. You can hala @ me wit my YIM olatunjiogunkomaya@yahoo.com den i give u my number.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by tope777(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2008
Please i need details about Ui post jamb too,my son scores 209 medicine/surgery.

my contact is david.omotosho@gmail.com 08033851287
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by tope777(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2008
My son choose oau first and ui second total score is 209 medicine /surgery

i need post jamb detail about oau and ui.

my contact remain david.omotosho@gmail.com 08033851287
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2008
Hi everyone. I just read through your posts and since I have the information you all wanted, I decide to share.
Here is how the University of Ibadan calculates candidate's point for admission:

1. Your score in JAMB divided by 10. i.e if you score 270 in your UME just divide that by 10, this gives you a maximum of 40% and in this example it will be 27%

2. Write down your grades in in five relevant subjects. i.e English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (for Engineering, Science Applicants, Medicine inclusive of course). While English and Maths is compulsory, choose other three (most likely, the three choice subjects you wrote in your Jamb)

3. For the five subjects above, calculate your O-Level point thus:
A1 , 6
B2 , 5
B3 , 4
C4 , 3
C5 , 2
C6 , 1
D7, E8, F9 , 0
Add-up your points for the five subjects and multiply your result by 2. This gives you a maximum of 60%

4. If you are Mr Brains and you have 400/400 in JAMB , that's 40%. And another A1 in 5 relevant subjects that's 5 * 6 * 2 = 60% which gives you a total of 100%.

Bingo! that's your point. If you calculate your point to something like say 60% man, you can go to sleep cos UI will take such percent.

More info? e-mail me.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by elctroguru(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2008
Nice info frm naijamk. At least d UI Jambites finally knw how to calc their grade for admission purpose. Anyone who has calc his/her % shld post it here
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by wildguy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2008
calculated mine using each of my two sittings, the first sitting i got 65% and the second sitting i got 73%
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2008
Hey Naijamark! As much as I appreciated the effort you put in explaining how the grading is done, something tells me that 60% couldn't be the minimum score. Say for example, if 60% was to be minimum, anybody who has C5 in 5 subjects has to score 400 in JAMB to get admission, which is not possible. I have more than 60% by the way, but I just felt that couldn't be the minimum. cool
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Tosbi(m): 12:44am On Jun 16, 2008
naijamark:

Hi everyone. I just read through your posts and since I have the information you all wanted, I decide to share.
Here is how the University of Ibadan calculates candidate's point for admission:

1. Your score in JAMB divided by 10. i.e if you score 270 in your UME just divide that by 10, this gives you a maximum of 40% and in this example it will be 27%

2. Write down your grades in in five relevant subjects. i.e English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (for Engineering, Science Applicants, Medicine inclusive of course). While English and Maths is compulsory, choose other three (most likely, the three choice subjects you wrote in your Jamb)

3. For the five subjects above, calculate your O-Level point thus:
A1 , 6
B2 , 5
B3 , 4
C4 , 3
C5 , 2
C6 , 1
D7, E8, F9 , 0
Add-up your points for the five subjects and multiply your result by 2. This gives you a maximum of 60%

4. If you are Mr Brains and you have 400/400 in JAMB , that's 40%. And another A1 in 5 relevant subjects that's 5 * 6 * 2 = 60% which gives you a total of 100%.

Bingo! that's your point. If you calculate your point to something like say 60% man, you can go to sleep because UI will take such percent.

Dat is just the basic truth about UI's admission process. But last year, a friend of mine score 65 point. with o'level in one sitting with a jamb score of 292. He applied for economics and wasn't granted admission. He was advised to obtain a change of course of which he chose SPECIAL EDUCATION to garantee his admission but still was denied admission to his greatest surprise.

What really happened still ain't clear to us but one thing i know 4 sure is that UI admission this days is very competitive as many brillant student from all over the country will be applying to get a place in the PREMIER UNIVERSITY which is known 4 excellence. So for you to win all other students from all over the country to secure a place in UI, you got to really sit tite and pray hard because it ain't a child's play.

Any way, i ain't scaring u but challenging u to be more prayful as that can really turn things around with serious hard work.

Wish u all the best
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 16, 2008
U1:

Hey Naijamark! As much as I appreciated the effort you put in explaining how the grading is done, something tells me that 60% couldn't be the minimum score. Say for example, if 60% was to be minimum, anybody who has C5 in 5 subjects has to score 400 in JAMB to get admission, which is not possible. I have more than 60% by the way, but I just felt that couldn't be the minimum. cool

I think you are right there, 60% is not the minimum score but in some departments, it is higher. grin
Don't you know some guys had distinctions in all subjects? And that you guys are applying to study the same course in the same school? Its the competition sir.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
Do u av any ideal abt veterinary medcine av calculated mine i av 58% olevels 36 jamb 22.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by donzayd: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
@naija mark thanks alot, to everyone i have the last admission cut-off with me, am gonna post it soon,
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by shegzy(m): 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2008
the cut-off list is not yet out, As far as you UI is concern no body knows what they will come up with . i will advice you to guys choosing UI as first choice should read hard and pray.The calculation may not work this year due to some reason as i was told in the admmsion office today 17/06/2008. if there is any updated story i will post u guys. shegzyland003@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2008
naijamark:

I think you are right there, 60% is not the minimum score but in some departments, it is higher. grin
Don't you know some guys had distinctions in all subjects? And that you guys are applying to study the same course in the same school? Its the competition sir.

Now, I can boldly say that not very many can boast of that, not even those who used "mgbo, mgbo". Out of a thousand, you may only be able to find just about 10 who has complete distinction in all subjects. cool
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2008
shegzy:

the cut-off list is not yet out, As far as you UI is concern no body knows what they will come up with . i will advice you to guys choosing UI as first choice should read hard and pray.The calculation may not work this year due to some reason as i was told in the admmsion office today 17/06/2008. if there is any updated story i will post u guys. 08062317235

Now, you'd better not start scaring people. What did you hear? And what connection have you got over there? angry grin
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by makavele: 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2008
@all

NO NEED TO BE SCARED,
HARD WORK WILL DO THE TRICK

BESIDES, I'VE seen people "cashing" their way into school, as their last resort,
It's a bad idea!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by glomerry(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2008
Hello everyone, please i really need help from my fello nairalanders, i am runnig a part-time programe in uniben and i do not like the course i am studying, is there anyone who ca help me secure a jamb result to write post ume in any of the tetiary institute, please if you know you have the connections in jamb office or can get the jamb slip anyhow with atleast 210 ad above score, lest strike a deal, call me on 08075355027
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by charliek(m): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2008
thanks to everybody for the contribution of ui post ume,but does anybody have an idea on the nature of the knid of questions one should expect to see in the post ume exams?also is there any date yet cheesy?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by makavele: 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2008
U NEVER CAN TELL, U NEVER NEED TRY
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2008
glomerry:

Hello everyone, please i really need help from my fello nairalanders, i am runnig a part-time programe in uniben and i do not like the course i am studying, is there anyone who ca help me secure a jamb result to write post ume in any of the tetiary institute, please if you know you have the connections in jamb office or can get the jamb slip anyhow with atleast 210 ad above score, lest strike a deal, call me on 08075355027

What the heck is this shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2008
Pls kip us info.luv u all .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2008
Now you guys don't be sacred. Am a student of UI department of economics and i did the last "post ume" rituals. My weighted score was about 65% and economics was probably 75%. You see most people who had 70% and upwards were in real trouble because they had to really defend their scores and as such their interview was really a drill at the end only 30 were picked out of the numerous "qualified". Now for people like me and some who even had as low as 55% came for supplementary and out of 60, 30 or 31 were choosen. Most of the lecturers know that most students who fell into the supplementary list were the ones who actually worked for both their jamb and waec grades not the special centers ones. I remember the case of the guy who was asked what is equilibrum price and he responded: jale jale price. He was still given admission, since he was old probably left school maybe 10yrs ago grin and his grades weren't certainly super but hey he's doing well now. Another thing is that most people making waves in the department are the supplementary students. Thats where the real "eshin's" are, so there's special consideration for students who don't meet the cut off so don't let anyone tell you to forget UI just because you had 60% what determines the cutoff is the average weighted score of all applicants to that department. Also you'd see some who had like 5% less the cutoff and yet were invited for the merit interview, these cases fall under some special waivers for some areas just to encourage them. So you see there's more to admission than just grades. Just put your mind on it and rely on God. UI was even my second choice and a friends second choice in the same department. Note in social sciences the most competitive of all departments is economics and you'd be surprised at the cutoff some people came in with.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2008
@ Adewaleafolabi

Nice to know you are from the Economics department, because that's the department I'm angling for over there, so please keep me posted on developments over there.
To the weighted average, I happen to have about 71.5%, and you made the whole issue sound scary. I'm not afraid to defend my score though anywhere, but can you give me some clues at to the kind of things to expect in the interview and, is it oral or written?. Thanks. cool
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by makavele: 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2008
adewaleafolabi:

Now you guys don't be sacred. Am a student of UI department of economics and i did the last "post ume" rituals. My weighted score was about 65% and economics was probably 75%. You see most people who had 70% and upwards were in real trouble because they had to really defend their scores and as such their interview was really a drill at the end only 30 were picked out of the numerous "qualified". Now for people like me and some who even had as low as 55% came for supplementary and out of 60, 30 or 31 were choosen. Most of the lecturers know that most students who fell into the supplementary list were the ones who actually worked for both their jamb and waec grades not the special centers ones. I remember the case of the guy who was asked what is equilibrum price and he responded: jale jale price. He was still given admission, since he was old probably left school maybe 10yrs ago grin and his grades weren't certainly super but hey he's doing well now. Another thing is that most people making waves in the department are the supplementary students. Thats where the real "eshin's" are, so there's special consideration for students who don't meet the cut off so don't let anyone tell you to forget UI just because you had 60% what determines the cutoff is the average weighted score of all applicants to that department. Also you'd see some who had like 5% less the cutoff and yet were invited for the merit interview, these cases fall under some special waivers for some areas just to encourage them. So you see there's more to admission than just grades. Just put your mind on it and rely on God. UI was even my second choice and a friends second choice in the same department. Note in social sciences the most competitive of all departments is economics and you'd be surprised at the cutoff some people came in with.

THIS IS REALLY NICE!
I HOPE THEY AINT SCARED NO MORE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points / UNIZIK Has The Most Beautiful University Gate In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.