Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister (8321 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2013
We kip putting bi£€ions into power stations just to generate ~75MW. Whatever has stopped us from getting a nuclear sub station, built owned and run by the whites for sake of the technical know how? Though it may take 5years to build, a station wld generate as much as 15000MW.......whatever has stopd us frm building windmills with the vast landmass up north? Ths power thngy taya me 2d bones o
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by BBDelta(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Another Milestone achievement in commissioning.... I still remember the Lagos - Ore Express way Commissioning and the heavy duty window dressing truck driving by GEJ the rest we know is history....

Abeg, my only fear na the guys when go put on the generator when them go connect near the plant on the day of the commissioning, make them no fall their hand. After GEJ on the switch and light come on, the rest we know will be history….
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by rodeo0070(m): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2013
***Pouring petrol inside generator tank, looks up***
MTCHEWSTCES.NA TODAY?..
***Continues pulling the generator starting rope, stands to stretch back***

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by pappy4real(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Mtcheew! How does this affect the over 9days blackout in temidire sango?
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by taharqa: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nonybb: FG to built. FG to commission. FG to sign. We are still waiting patiently to see results of anything
My frnd, d 7 Plants hv bn completed and 3 others almost completed. Proof? 89 top International and Local Investors wud not have bn jostling to pay very Good money (And I mean very good money) to buy these plants if d Govt was playing any games. They are too serious minded for that. That is apart from Video evidences showing these completed plants. Etc, etc... Your doubts are noted; but really doesn't matter
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by blacksta(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
taharqa: My frnd, d 7 Plants hv bn completed and 3 others almost completed. Proof? 89 top International and Local Investors wud not have bn jostling to pay very Good money (And I mean very good money) to buy these plants if d Govt was playing any games. They are too serious minded for that. That is apart from Video evidences showing these completed plants. Etc, etc... Your doubts are noted; but really doesn't matter

story
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
IF THEY LIKE THEY CAN COMMISSION 70000000 POWER PLANTS
THERE WILL NEVER BE A TME WHEN BLACKOUTS WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by ooshinibos: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
gentlegg: Prof Sir, no be today we see grammar for media, since 1986. As am typing this now we don't even have light, and since this week we hardly have light up to 5hrs a day.

Since 1986, government have been working tirelessly for this.

chei ....what happenned ..this proved that we are failed nation ..1986 ke
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Xpath(m): 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
TUNEX89: All na wash !
Na wa for u o
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by ooshinibos: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
'He said an additional N247.3 million was approved for the clearing of the equipment at the port, its transportation and Value Added Tax (VAT).'

haaaabaaaa , why should money be paid for clearing government property , this equipment should be cleared for free now ...only in Nigeria will this happen
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by moshoodn(m): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
gentlegg: Prof Sir, no be today we see grammar for media, since 1986. As am typing this now we don't even have light, and since this week we hardly have light up to 5hrs a day.

Since 1986, government have been working tirelessly for this.

No light in my area for seven weeks and running. . .
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by moshoodn(m): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
What is the cheapest thing ever?

It is TALK. . .

TALK IS CHEAP!
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Pergrace: 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
zenith7:
He said an additional N247.3 million was approved for the clearing of the equipment at the port, its transportation and Value Added Tax (VAT).

N247.3M to clear the equipment..
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by chukyjones(m): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Amanwulu1: oje na nwayo adighi emeru ahu. Slow and steady we'll get there.
Otua ka Odi, Na so e be
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Anniettieufia(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
"The minister said that 138 direct and 1,380 indirect jobs would becreated at the six substations expected to be completed in eightmonths.
On"

The minister is steal busy creating jobs,
While Nigerian are yearning for Light ,
Which one is the prior need for the masses ?
I think it is high time this minister start giving us light which is what we want from your ministry,

Leave THE report of JOB CREATION for ministry of Labour & productivity.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by debedebe(m): 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
Where are they building all this power plants they always mentioned all the time Churchapasalam... Mtchwwww
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
Babzilla: IF THEY LIKE THEY CAN COMMISSION 70000000 POWER PLANTS
THERE WILL NEVER BE A TME WHEN BLACKOUTS WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST
Enough of this pessimism for God sake. Why can't we believe that a wind of change is about to blow in the power sector. I know past admins may have said thesame thing, but the change we all are yearning for is gonna come someday.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by sylv4u2003(m): 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
Good news.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Anniettie ufia: "The minister said that 138 direct and 1,380 indirect jobs would becreated at the six substations expected to be completed in eightmonths.
On"

I think it is high time this minister start giving us light which is what we want from your ministry,

It is well known that nigerians are implacable. We are always fond of destructive criticism. If there no job, they criticize; if fg kukuma provide job, na wahala. Naija i hail thee.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by IjeomaObasi: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
though this remains commendable, i would have preferred those stations functioning immediately than waiting for inauguration.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by jpphilips(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
victorv12: They should stop deceiving us with their ignorance, bloody lies and deceit. We should all ask a question...how much is the total output of these power stations can generate? Do Nigerians even know that we have spent over 5 Billion US Dollars to get this energy issue resolved? A reasonable country will never privatize the energy sector of his country rather than to encourage private investors to build their own power stations and connect it to the national grid. The people that manages the affairs of our country are not good thinkers. They're bunch of parasites and leeches that milks the system. Nigerians should prepare for the worst regarding this energy issue. Nigeria a country of rogues and touts in power!

5 billion usd? you just woke up
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by akandea(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
googlepikin: i still have a dream that a time will come when i will get married my children will never know the word UP NEPA. just like how they will never know there was a thing called NITEL.

Yes a nigeria where you will not have high BP when there is 24 hours power for a week for the fear that your transformer will not pack up
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Ustec: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Electricity supply has increase since d begining of this year thru out d federation,we can all see d numerous power projects going on around us..anybody that comes here and said it has not or hasn't seen or heard of any power projects going on in his area is just an anti-GEJ
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by kokoye(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
This same news was reported verbatim 5 years ago.

yea..keep feeding their hopes.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
spongeback: Building and commissioning power plants, doesn't mean it will be used for its intended purpose, undecided

Sometimes i wonder if you are actually a lady, u gonna make a bad wife, trust me!! cry and ur second name will be m,adam NAGSON
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
Anniettie ufia: "The minister said that 138 direct and 1,380 indirect jobs would becreated at the six substations expected to be completed in eightmonths.
On"

mumu that why your name is An-ufia
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Samscofield: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
If only they can give me the cost of clearing, transportation and Value added Tax estimated there, I won't have to worry about the lies contained therein. Nigeria....... The country with abundant resources and abundant sufferings. I hail thee.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by taharqa: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
On"

Just imagine the nonsense that is coming out of this one's mouth.......
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ustec: Electricity supply has increase since d begining of this year thru out d federation,we can all see d numerous power projects going on around us..anybody that comes here and said it has not or hasn't seen or heard of any power projects going on in his area is just an anti-GEJ
guy speak for yourself o, cos if you come to my area and brag that there is steady light everywhere my people go stone you to death like Steven.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by toolovely(m): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
1025: jonathan can simply tell us that he has failed on the power sector so let him concentrate on boko boys and ASUU strike.
the only realistic thing this govt has done in the power sector is the steady increment in the tariff. other things are promises upon promises. how many power plants did obasanjo commissioned under his tenure and how did that change the power supply situation? you keep making noises here and there with nothing tangible to show for it. how long now did u say u have shared sorry sold the phcn and how is any nigerian feeling the intended benefits of this cruel action?
you are not tired of these senseless talks and u have lost all the shame in you that u keep talking about a situation from the day u took over power and declared emergency in the power section.
look at ur govt where corruption has perfectly been legalised that no single individual is in jail in a country full of corruption and corrupt persons. no wonder foreign countries now jail our politicians.
look at an ordinary local govt chairman caught with US$82,000 cash in usa. did that idiot not carry that money cash and left nigeria which is a cashless society?

Is GEJ the EFCC or is he the the chairman ☀f ICPC? The Local govt chairman that was caught in the US, was it Obama that arrested him? If the agencies had failed in their duties, then its a collective failure as Nigeria's problem is not solely the govt but every citizen. We talk ☀f corruption but we all are victims in one way or the other. GEJ is not God-omni present to know all that's happening in all the sectors as no other person would know. If the agencies see no need to arrest anybody for corruption related case, then how's that GEJ's fault? Besides, did ​you file or report any ☀f the alleged offenders and GEJ ordered the agencies not to respond? Is GEJ the first Nigerian president? Obj had 8 yrs and had nothing to show for it and ​you expect GEJ to turn things around over night. Give him the support then after his term, ​you can judge him. Thank you

1 Like

Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by Turbocharged: 6:38am On Aug 23, 2013
spongeback: Building and commissioning power plants, doesn't mean it will be used for its intended purpose, undecided

Maybe, it will be used as mortuary.
Re: FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister by jpphilips(m): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
taharqa: Just imagine the nonsense that is coming out of this one's mouth.......

Na today you know say Nigeria has standard stupi!d people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dickson Declares Annual Nanaye Traditional Wrestling Competition Open / Uba Appeals Court’s Disqualification As APC Candidate / CJN To Receive N5.39m Monthly As Reps Pass Judicial Officers Salaries Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.