Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

To The Parents.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Parents.. (628 Views)

15 Things In A Child That Reflects The Parents Style Of Upbringing / GUYS Should Blame The Parents Of Wayward Girls, And Leave The Girls Alone! / Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Parents.. by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 22, 2013
How would you feel and what will you do if your child of about 18years tell you he/she does not want to live with you anymore but wants to live with a relative?
Re: To The Parents.. by Rexphobia(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2013
Ask why...if reasons are legit...will let go...if not, will get back to the drawing board and review my parenting skills
Re: To The Parents.. by Swot26(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2013
@op I don't see anything bad in it if and if the child is a male,I started living with relative immediately I finished my Secondary Education and I won't lie to u,I gat a lot of experience to narrate,it makes me feel like a man, cos I can't get such wide experience living wif ma parents.......afterall he or she is mature nah.....
Re: To The Parents.. by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2013
Rexphobia: Ask why...if reasons are legit...will let go...if not, will get back to the drawing board and review my parenting skills

Are there really any legit reasons?
Re: To The Parents.. by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2013
Swot26: @op I don't see anything bad in it if and if the child is a male,I started living with relative immediately I finished my Secondary Education and I won't lie to u,I gat a lot of experience to narrate,it makes me feel like a man, cos I can't get such wide experience living wif ma parents.......afterall he or she is mature nah.....

Why must it be only a male child?
Re: To The Parents.. by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2013
If my 18 year old child decides that he/she wants to live on her own, it would make me a proud mother, because It would mean that I have given her a huge sense of responsibility and independence, just like my father did to me. Us Nigerians like to smother our children and baby them and as a result, its rare to see young people who are self sufficient, instead the street is full of twenty something year old babies who cannot say or do jack for themselves.
Re: To The Parents.. by Swot26(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2013
duffie:

Why must it be only a male child?
.....well without giving any reason,u will strongly accept the fact that our female child of nowadays needs serious attention till dey are 25....most of their eyes open to sumfin serious....I guess u understand
Re: To The Parents.. by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 22, 2013
duffie: How would you feel and what will you do if your child of about 18years tell you he/she does not want to live with you anymore but wants to live with a relative?

I will just kill myself
Re: To The Parents.. by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2013
Chillisauce:

I will just kill myself

Are you serious? Why would youu do that?

(1) (Reply)

Dear Family Section, Decide To Be Independent And Happy Independence Day / Huggies Pull-ups Training Pants For Girls With Cool Alert, For #4000 NAIRA / Wife Drags Husband To Court Over Alleged Starvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.