Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer (20837 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by fr3do(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
Release it already!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Quinne(f): 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nyx of her
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by vladimiros: 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
FOR THE MUMU ANTI-BIAFRANS...

JUST LIKE TO REMIND YOU HOW YOU ARE ENJOYING THE COUNTRY YOU COMMITTED GENOCIDE TO KEEP TOGETHER..

HOPE YOUR LAST RESORT APC WERE NORTHERN NAMA DEY STILL CONTROL YOU DEY CAMPEE..
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by oneeast3: 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wow!!!!

Igbos are doing Nigeria and Africa proud with the Igbo founded Nollywood.

Chimamanda stylishly promoted the undying spirit of Biafra..

Chimamanda, you are a true Anambran..we love you..

Chimamanda, you are the next great Achebe..

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
They see a movie, but I see the tragedy of the unfortunate nation created by the whiteman.
Biafra was the first blood!

The blood is still flowing and will never stop!
Why cant we do the right thing and stop the flowing of blood?

Adichie, thanks a million!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by oneeast3: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good a thing, Chimamanda featured mainly Igbos and their white counterparts..

We don't want this ndi-ofemmmmanu to use their amala spoil the world class movie for us.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
never mind the trailer. did any of you watch the video that came up as suggestion after? the white girl dancing to personally!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked oh lordy lord. you guys need to go watch it!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by petsam11(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nollywood Sweet Heart!!! Love u Genny!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Celepope: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=one.east3]Good a thing, Chimamanda featured mainly Igbos and their white counterparts..

We don't want this ndi-ofemmmmanu to use their amala spoil the world class movie for us..
Is all this name calling necessary?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by PapaBrowne(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
touchmeder:

Sadly i am nearly tempted to agree with you until we step up our game BIGGGGGGGG TIME. Personally all this waka pass role sha they give them still saddens me, i feel instead of giving the juicy parts to the Thandie Newtons and co, they can at least recognise those who have been doing a good job at the home front. Abi all this time award and Elle abi na cosmopolitan important people nor dey translate to better role?

And when they do that and people don't go to the cinemas because they don't know the actors, you'll be one of the first to say the movie was a flop.

Movies are business concerns. Lead actors are selected not just on thier capacity to act the part, but also thier ability to bring with them to the cinemas their huge fan network. Give Genevieve a lead role and she would act it wonderfully and bring along a Nigerian audience. Give Thandie Newton a lead role and she would act the part excellently as well as bring with her a global audience.

Hmmmmmm....
The timimg of this movie. Hmmm.... The trailer ended with the flag of Biafra. Hmmmm.... Wouldn't this movie only serve to open old wounds?? Please lets enjoy the movie when it comes out, debate the neccesities but forget the hurts of the past. We must move on from what our fathers and forefathers did and embrace our own responsibility of creating a future that is better than our past. If we make the right choices, this movie would serve as an excellent cultural renaissance that should unite all and sundry notwithstanding you tribal affiliations.

5 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Celepope: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
one.east3:

We don't want this ndi-ofemmmmanu to use their amala spoil the world class movie for us.. cheesy
Is all this name calling necessary?Grow up dude.FYI am #teamigbo
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
This ejiofor chiwetelu man fine oh!

I hate bloody movie.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by readonenaire(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wow! Looking forward to the movie itself.. My project title(sept 2011) The Nigerian civil war : a thematic appraisal of chimamanda adichie ngozi's "half of a yellow sun"..By Babatunde Ridhwan B smiley .. Adichie is one of her generation's best indubitably... I was the first in my dept smiley to write on her work.. Got me a prize cheesy .. I'm a Nigerian(as identified sad ) but I believed in biafra and the biafran cause.. And I'm glad I didn't just talk, I dedicated.. For justice and love for humanity.. Someday Biafra and Biafran will prevail for good (Amen)

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Gregdcutie(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Am so happy that whenever there is a touch of something new this gurl is involved. You are favoured genny, use your fame wisely and as for ardent critiques dont them its not ur fault that u are striving bigger. Onye chi ya goziri

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by mamagee3(f): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nice trailer!!!

But Nollywood is trying so hard to be like Hollywood and trying so hard to captivate the attention of the western audience.grin

No matter how hard they try Africans are the only people that love Nollywood. grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Gregdcutie(m): 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Am so happy that whenever there is a touch of something new this gurl is involved. You are favoured genny, use your fame wisely and as for ardent critiques dont them its not ur fault that u are striving bigger. Onye chi ya goziri. Guyz check out my blog gregdcutie..com
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Gregdcutie(m): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
Am so happy that whenever there is a touch of something new this gurl is involved. You are favoured genny, use your fame wisely and as for ardent critiques dont them its not ur fault that u are striving bigger. Onye chi ya goziri.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
one.east3:

You are very stu...pid. Dirty loser! Keep your diseased stench to yourself and do not infect this movie with your kindergarten brain.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by cachal: 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
Now let the haters eat their heart out.. she star in the film ntooooo...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Hmmmmmm....
The timimg of this movie. Hmmm.... The trailer ended with the flag of Biafra..... Wouldn't this movie only serve to open old wounds?? Please lets enjoy the movie when it comes out, debate the neccesities but forget the hurts of the past. We must move on from what our fathers and forefathers did and embrace our own responsibility of creating a future that is better than our past. If we make the right choices, this movie would serve as an excellent cultural renaissance that should unite all and sundry notwithstanding you tribal affiliations.

Kids shouldn't watch it then.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
I don't get the big deal about Genny appearing in Half of a yellow sun. If she's not there, there are other Nollywood cinema faces, such as Wale Ojo (Phone swap), Zack Orji, Tina Mba, Onyeka Onwenu etc.....So what's the fuss about?

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by stonemind(f): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
if its a nollywood movie then forget it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nebeuwa(m): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
gregg2: Editing her out would have been a big blunder concerning the Nigerian market. Good to know she's there.

Isn't Chiwetel Ejiofor Nigerian enough for you all? angry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Afam4eva(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
speedyboi: I don't get the big deal about Genny appearing in Half of a yellow sun. If she's not there, there are other Nollywood cinema faces, such as Wale Ojo (Phone swap), Zack Orji, Tina Mba, Onyeka Onwenu etc.....So what's the fuss about?
Lol grin You know she's the biggest name in Nollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
Chillisauce: This ejiofor chiwetelu man fine oh!

I hate bloody movie.
u no knw? na correct man.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by theanonymous: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Red_Card: how? Can you actually call Doctor Bello and Mirror Boy good movies? I still say, small roles in movies like this is better than lead in Mirror Boy, Bursting Out and Amina kinda movies.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by willibounce: 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lol grin You know she's the biggest name in Nollywood.

Biggest name in alaigbo. Waker up bRo.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by willibounce: 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na wa o. See as them dey happy lyk say dem win gold medal. Rubbish movie. I don't watch noLLy cRap.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by edwonderz(m): 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
This is an awesome music video produced to entertain, motivate and thrill your mind, it's full of stunts! watch it.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSDCrAVvLM&g­
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by ozoemeka(m): 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
how is it featured if i saw her for half a second in a 3 minute clip

Orikinla: This official trailer of the historic epic film on the Biafran War "Half of A Yellow Sun" shows Nollywood diva Genevieve Nnaji looking so well in her small, but unforgettable role as "Ms Adebayo" with a cigarette in her left hand.
And this finally ends the ignorant reports and rumours that her part was edited out of the film, a fantastic adaptation of the award winning novel of the same title by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc83786XR8I
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by qmd24(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
The bolded comment is a bastard.

@afam4eva, you lack forum etiquette. Grow up.

Bitter truth about nollywood.
pls compare her talent and skill set with hollywood A list actors. Do you want a world class nollywood film industry or african alaba champion.?
Think globally.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by 175(m): 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
MMotimo: This trailer is captivating

Abeg no vex, na which trailer u dey talk about? Na Dangote Trailer or Dantata n Saowe own? Abeg Once again no vex.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12-year-old Boy With Amazing Voice On Glo X Factor / BBNaija: I Have Relationship Outside The House – Angel / Nigerian Horror Film Trailer: KPIANS - The Feast Of Souls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.