Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer (20825 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Looks interesting.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by yim(f): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ one. East 3. Was it not a Yoruba man that produced the movie (BANDELE BIYI)? Can u be more civilised and not resort to name calling.
Up Genny
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by yim(f): 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
b4 i forget Ramsey Nouah is in a new movie too. It is titled GEM IN THE RAIN FOREST. Scary poster
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by adabeke12(f): 1:26am On Aug 24, 2013
PapaBrowne:

And when they do that and people don't go to the cinemas because they don't know the actors, you'll be one of the first to say the movie was a flop.

Movies are business concerns. Lead actors are selected not just on thier capacity to act the part, but also thier ability to bring with them to the cinemas their huge fan network. Give Genevieve a lead role and she would act it wonderfully and bring along a Nigerian audience. Give Thandie Newton a lead role and she would act the part excellently as well as bring with her a global audience.

Hmmmmmm....
The timimg of this movie. Hmmm.... The trailer ended with the flag of Biafra. Hmmmm.... Wouldn't this movie only serve to open old wounds?? Please lets enjoy the movie when it comes out, debate the neccesities but forget the hurts of the past. We must move on from what our fathers and forefathers did and embrace our own responsibility of creating a future that is better than our past. If we make the right choices, this movie would serve as an excellent cultural renaissance that should unite all and sundry notwithstanding you tribal affiliations.

captivating global audience you say So nigerians can't capture global audience by telling and acting their own story? May God help us with the mind set that someone who is not nigerian or for this matter someone who is not igbo is better in acting out our story.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by telexfree1: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2013
I see my favorite character , Kainene.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Orikinla(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2013
Half of A Yellow Sun will premiere as an Official Selection and Special Presentation at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival in September.

SCREENING SCHEDULE:
Sunday September 8
Winter Garden Theatre
4:30 PM
Monday September 9
Scotiabank
4 1:30 PM
Saturday September 14
Scotiabank
4 9:30 PM

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/festival/2013/halfofayellowsun
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Lol grin You know she's the biggest name in Nollywood.

And that's the reason why I think she shouldn't have appeared in this movie at all! Where actors not up to her status (even O.C. Ukeje - he is one of the hot cakes in Nollywood cinema scene, so don't get me wrong) played a much better role. Her not acting in HOAYS doesn't change anything about her, but what will affect her 'status' is continuous playing of this kinda role. Its not as if its a cameo or anything.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Afam4eva(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2013
speedyboi:

And that's the reason why I think she shouldn't have appeared in this movie at all! Where actors not up to her status (even O.C. Ukeje - he is one of the hot cakes in Nollywood cinema scene, so don't get me wrong) played a much better role. Her not acting in HOAYS doesn't change anything about her, but what will affect her 'status' is continuous playing of this kinda role. Its not as if its a cameo or anything.
You're right. It's demeaning.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by theanonymous: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's now the official trailer and has replaced the former one. If they're to release a new trailer, it would replace this one as the official. As long as the trailer comes from the producers then it's official.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Orikinla(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2013
speedyboi:

[size=18pt]What makes a great actress is not how many times she appears in a play, but how much she makes her role unforgettable.[/size]
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by stonemind(f): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2013
lolz........ afam4ever don ban me from politics section like i care. when www.naijaball..com still dey breat? mtcheeew
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by abokine: 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
Red_Card: I'm glad she's there. She might not be the best actress in the World but she's good and has really worked hard to be where she is today. She has paid her dues. Small roles in movies like this is a million times better than lead roles in nollywood films. It's good that Genny said nothing when the rumour came out in january. Thanks Uncle Orikinla for letting us know she's still there. I'm following you now.
Like they say in Hollywood, there's no small role only small actors. So all that matters is if she did well and nailed her role properly.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by gechyy2(f): 12:35am On Aug 25, 2013
Dnt even knw wah peeps are posting gan, gennie is ma favourite nollywood actress buh if u really read d book u wud knw dat she doznt fit kainene or olanna's status(or if der's a berra word) mind u she playin da role doznt make her less of her self and also being a movie star doznt mean u wud always act d major role... D major go bad gan

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Orikinla(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
abokine:
Like they say in Hollywood, there's no small role only small actors. So all that matters is if she did well and nailed her role properly.
Perfectly said.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by Gregdcutie(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=theanonymous][/quote] i would not want to trade words with u cause i would only reduce me to ur mental faculty level. I just dont get it with the inferiority complex amongst Nigdrians..For ur info its more notable if u re discoverd from this "bad movies" than some wakapass hollywood flicks. besides it was from this "bd movies" oprah nntice her, forbfs named her one of the most influential people in Africa,Elle name her one of the most stylish celebrities in the world and omotola got into times 100...so bro change ur misconception
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by ClareMarie: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2013
I guess i am a sucker for punishment, but i can see that some ppl do not even know what a trailer is, so let me explain.....A trailer is a short clip of an actual movie that producers use in advertising a movie. That said, i dont know how much d role of Mrs Adebayo was revised buh in d book, i did love her character and this movie is a baby of NOLLYWOOD and the British film council, produced by UK producers but directed by a nigerian. I still think a small role like this will give more global recognition than any Nollywood cinema. If Genny plays her cards right, this will be the beginning of bigger things to come for her in Hollywood. Cant wait to see her big blast!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by MultiTexter: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
I have always admired her professionalism in acting. She represents an idea in the movie. Taking her part out would be questionable. Though I was expecting She would be playing the lead.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer by sherlock229(m): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
oneeast3:
Wow!!!!
Igbos are doing Nigeria and Africa proud with the Igbo founded Nollywood.
Chimamanda stylishly promoted the undying spirit of Biafra..
Chimamanda, you are a true Anambran..we love you..
Chimamanda, you are the next great Achebe..

am so sick of people like you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12-year-old Boy With Amazing Voice On Glo X Factor / Nigerian Horror Film Trailer: KPIANS - The Feast Of Souls / The Launching Of Red TV: Tony Elumelu, Betty Irabor, Others Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.