Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Firm Introduces Refined Garri. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Firm Introduces Refined Garri. (14954 Views)

Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / The Price Of Garri / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by psychologist(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2013
Will dz reduce or increase d cost of garri in d market @ op.....
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by fujirice: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
tyson99:

Have you tried garri with broken iced blocks and garri with smoked fish?.....OMG
Omo na dry fish make sense pass o!
You go just scater the fish on top of the garri....ooo lala! shocked

1 Like

Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by sugardaddy1(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2013
With those images up there,I feel like eating garri and groundnut right now.
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2013
berem:
staple food item among Nigerians,
especially the youth, who are often
too busy to access cooked food.

So the product was targeted at youths to be drinking gari whenever they don't have access to food? what happened to noddles, cornflakes and golden morn which are instant foods? Well...... issokay! grin
That is nt D issue only, but one point is that it is refined, but why dont they produce this in large quantity for much consumption other than drinking, since D garri market is always avialable in nigeria. It should be in much bigger bag production, refined and cheaper this will serve many who think of taking D cheaper and long lasting garri alternative. And u can get this throug D 8months cassava specie. Also this market has potential to spread intercontinetal, places like ghana and togo. In D flood crisis, a basin of garri sold at 10000. Presently garri sells at 250 per rubber. Garri can also serve as livestock feed, especially goat.

1 Like

Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by iamdsam: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2013
As a matter of fact, Garri as a food product supposed to have been an international product for a very long time now. The product is still backward in terms of production because the producers are reluctant and the government is not neither helping the farmers. Let's our focus be on Garri again. I believe in a Nigeria that can be self sufficient in agricultural products whether food or cash crops. I belive in the Garri. In Garri Republic I stand.
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by OCcool: 11:01am On Aug 23, 2013
Because of garri, I became an ex convict on NL, haven been banned for my garri comments, but today, we have a thread to ourselves. So all ye garri lovers, rejoice and be glad. Garri for life!!!
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by charsobodo(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2013
Good development, hope they can sustain it
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Sike(m): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2013
Omo alare garri on Point!
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2013
coolestboy: Golden Morn is good, Corn Flakes is better. But at the mention of IJEBU GARRI, every Flake must bow.
It was frm this garri issue that i knw niaraland. One day garri price just left 150 to 250 without any warning. Moreover at 150 it had already been annoying bcus garri of late then was just 80 to 100, worst 120 and no more. I was so angry whn it came to 250 that i decided to browse D importance or useful of garri self that it is also raising price. The internet gave me wikipedia version and i save it and then i saw another heading which i also saved. Nairaland was D second, i saw it was like small text, i nw later understood it was ppls comment on garri, then i read through, it was sexkillz comment and others that made laugh, till tears came frm my eyes and i then was always reading D blog be4 lately i jioned.
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by ameer2: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2013
omenka:
Digariumtetraoxosulphate (VI). cheesy kiss
Wrong naming
It's simply
Garium sulphide lipsrsealed
TAKE NOTE.
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by iamdsam: 11:14am On Aug 23, 2013
berem:
staple food item among Nigerians,
especially the youth, who are often
too busy to access cooked food.

So the product was targeted at youths to be drinking gari whenever they don't have access to food? what happened to noddles, cornflakes and golden morn which are instant foods? Well...... issokay! grin
Garri is very stable than these foods you listed. Na oyibo pickin food be those ones. I stand for Garri Republic. Garri till I expire
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by phaya(f): 11:22am On Aug 23, 2013
Loool Madness thread!
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by erigwe: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2013
some are people are movin ahead!
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by iamdsam: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2013
$ugardaddy:
With those images up there,I feel like eating garri and groundnut right now.
Carry on brother. I hope to join you with my spoon
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Besea(f): 11:26am On Aug 23, 2013
Garri has gone boti. I'm gonna have sweetened casso(cassava a.k.a garri)flakes with cream and peanuts dis
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by tyson99(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2013
OC cool: Because of garri, I became an ex convict on NL, haven been banned for my garri comments, but today, we have a thread to ourselves. So all ye garri lovers, rejoice and be glad. Garri for life!!!

After garri na still garri,
After garri na still garri

GARRI FOR LIFE MEHN
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Nosyke(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2013
What of Hon Ebamma? I hereby nominate him to be the first president of the newly independent Garri republic.
This is in cognisance of his untiring efforts during the jihad struggle.
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 23, 2013
I still don't get it, HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI? angry
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2013
ijebu garri soaked in cold water and kuli kuli or dry fish....so sweet...so delicious...so yummy

thank God for garri cheesy tongue

p.s milk and sugar or honey can be added for a Sophisticated taste but i do it local
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Youngzedd(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2013
What of pic @OP
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Youngtekkey(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2013
OC cool: SOAKING GARRI TILL FOREVER (3x) we must always fight for GARRI LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GARRILAND
men u dat's it oooooo garri kingdom must reign but me want to ask how u soak ur own garri garri with fried fish with ice block men after taking such u will feel very relieved
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Smilingbob(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2013
#TEAMGARRILIBERATIONCELEBERATION#
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by REMMEI(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2013
SLIDiE: Garri egba ni mo fe!
Garri ijebu yen ti man nkan ju!

Garri egba ma n ta sansan ni too ba fi te eba elu efo elegusi ti o ya palamu ati agbodo, eja dudu ati ede si!

In fact, if u happen to die after such food, na paradise!

lwtmb!..you guys are damn crazy..
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Youngtekkey(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2013
Nosyke: What of Hon Ebamma? I hereby nominate him to be the first president of the newly independent Garri republic.
This is in cognisance of his untiring efforts during the jihad struggle.
I SECOND THIS MOTION
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Youngtekkey(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
garri has come to stay and there is nothing that can be done to wipe it out Team Garri Forever
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by crackhouse(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
I just hope the garri is mixed with grinded sugar so as to make it easier to drink even without groundnut. The manufacturer should be given a national award, OFR to be precise.
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by OCcool: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Youngtekkey: men u dat's it oooooo garri kingdom must reign but me want to ask how u soak ur own garri garri with fried fish with ice block men after taking such u will feel very relieved
one of these days, i will give dat combo a try. But usually i eat my garri with enough milk and sugar to taste, soaked with chilled water. OMG!!! It tastes so divine
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
Agbero full nairaland. grin
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by crackhouse(m): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
isaacogbos: Transoft Business Solutions is in of students good at marketing... no previous marketing skills is required!
to market garri or what?.
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by OCcool: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
tyson99:

After garri na still garri,

GARRI FOR LIFE MEHN
If e no be Garri, e no fit be like Garri
Re: Firm Introduces Refined Garri. by Oildichotomy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
The so-called Garri freedom fighters should start fighting for a recognised chemical nomenclature from IUPAC and a standard unit of measurement (S.I).
Then the composition, nutritional value and others can be worked out by the nutritionists.
BTW.. Wetin Garri dey give sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / Bread Prices May Go Up, Bakers Blame Forex, Energy Crises / Am Too Skinny, I Need Advice On How To Put On Weight To Be Average

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.