Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Help With Microsoft Outlook - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Microsoft Outlook (733 Views)

7 Hidden Features In Microsoft Outlook.com / Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Microsoft Outlook by Padonet(m): 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2008
I need help to use/configure microsoft outlook to my email .Any gurus in d house?
Re: Help With Microsoft Outlook by TmeD0(m): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2008
Padonet:

I need help to use/configure microsoft outlook to my email .Any gurus in d house?

What kind of email account are you trying to configure in Outlook?  For example, are you trying to configure Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail and so on?  Post that information.  Peace!
Re: Help With Microsoft Outlook by alex406(m): 12:27am On Jun 10, 2008
Hello T@meD0, i need to configure my yahoo mail using Outlook Express.please how do i go about it?
Re: Help With Microsoft Outlook by crazylegs(m): 10:13am On Jun 10, 2008
I don't think you can use yahoo.com with outlook. POP3 is only enabled with their paid service: yahoo plus. (yahoo must chop now).

If you really want to use outlook as your mail client I recommend gmail.com. Its the best. Lean and mean.

On the gmail page they have instructions on how to configure outlook. Let me know if you have problems.
Re: Help With Microsoft Outlook by TmeD0(m): 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2008
crazylegs:

I don't think you can use yahoo.com with outlook. POP3 is only enabled with their paid service: yahoo plus. (yahoo must chop now).

If you really want to use outlook as your mail client I recommend gmail.com. Its the best. Lean and mean.

On the gmail page they have instructions on how to configure outlook. Let me know if you have problems.

Yes, you're right.  However, there's a workaround to read yahoo mail using Outlook Express as the default mail client.  No doubt that gmail is the best out there and as you probably have noticed, most of our naija folks love their yahoo, so e go hard to try convince them say gmail better pass.   grin

@ poster, what you will need is a lightweight, open source, freeware program called YPops.  It works like a charm as long as you take the time to read and follow the instruction on how to configure your email client to use it.  I'm assuming you're using Outlook Express 6.  Good luck.  Peace!  Oh, just a tip, you can use localhost in place of the loopback ip address (127.0.0.1) that's on the instruction, either one works fine.
Re: Help With Microsoft Outlook by DoubleN(m): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2008
Yeppee! my 200th Post!
T@meD0 has said it all. YPOPs will surely do the job for you.
Re: Help With Microsoft Outlook by mmonwuba(m): 9:57am On Jun 16, 2008
good job 200. Ive learnt something new

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Assisstance / Hp Laptop For Sale, (in Sound Condition) Very Urgent ! / Security Alert On The Use Of Atm Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.