Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming (936 Views)

Best PHP Framework For Application Development? / I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming by FMK(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2008
Gents,   I  often programe application, SOFTWARE to help people have got  business in my local.  but I have a Problem i am  tired to create each time Different fonctions such as, if the Stores have Got  1000 items I have to  manually create 1000 fonctions for inventory control    for those 1000 items  this is very hard. what i want  if anyone know how can i create just one automatic fonction and this fonction multiply diferent fonctions note that i use  Microsoft access  to programe my application  anyone knows how  can I do it ?  if so, send me an email .your help will be apreciate.
Re: I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming by fransois2(m): 8:27am On Jun 10, 2008
you did not include your email.
Re: I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming by FMK(m): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2008
sorry

godofhosts@yahoo.com
Re: I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming by sgiwa(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2008
Well, are you familiar with OO i.e. object orieted programming?
I tend to stay away from anything that glorifies microsoft; having said that, i'll spare a sec to throw you some pointers.
Since you'r using Access, you might want to look at Visual basic, i'm sure it'll make your programming life stress free!
I think VB fits nicely with Access.
Happy coding!
Re: I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2008
Hi FMK,

I am not quite sure what you are getting at as your post but what I get is that when you have to create an application for a store with 1000 different products, you find that you have to create different classes(Objects) for each product.

ANSWER :
There is a way you can make this easier for self. Research ABSTRACTION and look for Design Patterns that allow you to define different levels of Abstraction when writing code.

Check this site for quick tutorials on patterns that may help you , http://sourcemaking.com/

And this for help on understanding Abstract Classes and their usefulness http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/28086

I would not say you try interfaces in this as I myself try to stay away from those unless I absolutely have to use them.
Re: I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming by tomX1(m): 8:44am On Jun 12, 2008
If you are familiar with object oriented programing then you could simply create one (lets call it) "product" object. That object has all the required methods built into it. Now lets say some of the parameters you need to work with are: Purchase price, Resell Price, Purchase Date, Ressel Date, Expiry Date, Product Name, Shelf Life, etc
you will also need to compute some things like the shelf life, Profit on Item, . . . etc

Create the product class using your prefered language

(this is just a mock-up code . . . to demostrate the concept)

Class Product()
{
variable PurchasePrice;
variable ResellPrice;
variable ProfitOn Item;
variable Shelf life;
Variable ExpiryDate;
Variable PurchaseDate;
Function getProfitOnItem(){return(ResselPrice - PurchasePrice)}
Function getShelfLife(){return(ExpiryDate - PurchaseDate)}
Function setProfitOnItem(){ProfitOnItem = ResselPrice - PurchasePrice}
}//End Class

You can then simply create an object of this class for any new product and pass in the appropriate parameters and the methods in the class will take care of all nescessary assignment. Since your programe is probably running on a database, your objects will probably be populated from the database and will also send the nescessary input back to the database (assuming you are not working directly with variant types - that will be a lot more tedious for a large program).

(1) (Reply)

Java: Aop And Annotations / I Need Assitance In Vb.net Programming / How To Use Div?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.