Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Any Unity3D Developer Here? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Unity3D Developer Here? (1630 Views)

Call To Make A Game With Unity3d And C# / Are There Ways Of Programming Android With C# Apart From Using Unity3d (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Please is there any Unity3D Developer here? sad
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 24, 2013
Javanian: Please is there any Unity3D Developer here? sad

LOL look at you diversifying and getting into game dev.?

What question did you have about Unity?
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2013
Please, I want to know what path you took when learning it (most importantly), is there any prerequisite knowledge i need? Also, most of the tutorials i see online seem to be modifying already created projects but i don't want that, i want to build everything from scratch, can you recommend any video tutorials for me. What are the divisions in it? since i stared (although i haven't gone far) most of what i have done has been on their IDE, i am not a graphics person, when do i get to the coding part? Also, what is the ratio of graphics to coding? Lastly, have you completed any project with it? Can you share your experience?

Sorry if my questions are too many tongue
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
Also, which 3D computer graphics software should i go with ?
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Ajibel(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy lol what scared me about unity is its size and large tutorials and after so many views, e be like say there aren't game programmers here sad
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lol, Unity is the easiest thing to work with. Published a game with it before and working on one more. More to come soon.
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 7:56am On Aug 25, 2013
2buff: Lol, Unity is the easiest thing to work with. Published a game with it before and working on one more. More to come soon.

More explanations i guess
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 25, 2013
To be frank its not like there ain,t game developer its just that we,re not that ckmfortable enough so some have to work other fields to put somehing on the table, game development was the reason i got into programming , sadly haven,t touched it in a long log while.
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2013
pc guru: To be frank its not like there ain,t game developer its just that we,re not that ckmfortable enough so some have to work other fields to put somehing on the table,

So are you saying game development can't put something on the table?

game development was the reason i got into programming , sadly haven,t touched it in a long log while.

Not late to start...
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
Javanian:

So are you saying game development can't put something on the table?

Not late to start...

In Nigeria, i haven't seen a case study yet but outside Nigeria Game development is hot cakes. unless your product is geared towards outside users how many users in Nigeria pay for games, i have the opportunity to root and download games for free but i pay for all my android games, the last time i carried out a survey in Ozone and interviewed 20 people, only 2 were ready to pay for games the rest oh well you already know.
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by worldbest(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
If only I could model characters or know someone who could. I'd probably be making games with Unity3D
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
worldbest: If only I could model characters or know someone who could. I'd probably be making games with Unity3D

They are many modellers out there, but if you are looking for a 'collaborator' you may not find one, you are better of outsourcing it
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
Javanian: Also, which 3D computer graphics software should i go with ?

Try Blender. It is open-source, it is free and it goes well with Unity3D. Most Blender users are beginners too so the tuts will be very helpful to u. I use Blender myself.

Also, be ready to learn C#. That is what Unity3D uses. It shouldnt be hard since u are already good at Java.
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
hmm.. interesting...
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by peziz(f): 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
I know someone who is good at unity3D. You could pm me for details on how to contact him.
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2013
Also, hope u do know animation? Because unless u want to be doing a game like say Tetris or Pacman, u will be needing a very good knowledge of animation to bring ur characters to life. This is something u should also consider.
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: Also, hope u do know animation? Because unless u want to be doing a game like say Tetris or Pacman, u will be needing a very good knowledge of animation to bring ur characters to life. This is something u should also consider.

I can learn, but i would get someone to help me with that when i want to put something in the market
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
Unity3D ain't bad i use threeJS mostly as a beginner but mehn Blender is kinda complicated but superb
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Javanian:

I can learn, but i would get someone to help me with that when i want to put something in the market

okeydokey cool
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by Javanian: 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
2buff: Lol, Unity is the easiest thing to work with. Published a game with it before and working on one more. More to come soon.

He was right cool
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by jjk24(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
matlindenberg.com/blog/?p=428 check dis link 0ut will rili hlp sculptris is a free 3d sculpting s0ftware its very easy 2 use even 4 a beginner such as me. I tink d link shuld hlp u culd dwnl0ad d trial versi0n 0f 3dsmax if u can't buy it. Can eni 1 hlp me wit blender pls d s0ft ware is 2 c0mplicated n am nt dah smart 2 geht it quickly wit written tut0rials 0nlyn pls wh0 fit hlp.
Re: Any Unity3D Developer Here? by ztob(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
worldbest: If only I could model characters or know someone who could. I'd probably be making games with Unity3D

Cinema4d is a good tool for modelling, its likewise goood for creating animations, I find it more easier using cinema4d than blender.

(1) (Reply)

Please HELP Me With This Java Program / Updated 2017 | 2018 100% Working Freebitco Script - Earn 0.05BTC | The Video / Free Software Download From MicroSoft And Dreamspark For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.