Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

General New Zealand Student Enquires - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General New Zealand Student Enquires (210613 Views)

New Zealand Student Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! / New Zealand Student Visa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by dude420(m): 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ticha:

Yes but not if the other person is on an undergraduate or master student visa
Doesn’t masters have dependent visa ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
dude420:

Doesn’t masters have dependent visa ?

Only if the course leads to a job on the green list and majority of those masters (apart from the teacher training one) are 2 years long - google the green list.

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ogbaba123: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
As a professional with years of experience in a field that is not on the green list, does it mean I do not qualify for the PR path or I cant find a job that offers sponsorship in my field? I'm quite confused on how the whole sponsorship and eligibility criteria works for NZ

Thank you
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ogbaba123:
As a professional with years of experience in a field that is not on the green list, does it mean I do not qualify for the PR path or I cant find a job that offers sponsorship in my field? I'm quite confused on how the whole sponsorship and eligibility criteria works for NZ

Thank you

There are pathways open to skilled professionals. The skilled migrant pathway is open for those who have jobs/sponsorships - it has a points requirement for selection and they have gradually upped the points. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/preparing-a-visa-application/living-in-new-zealand-permanently/new-zealand-skilled-residence-pathways

It is historically very difficult to get a job in NZ from Nigeria (including almost all developing countries apart from India and SA) but with the severe skills shortage, who knows?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ogbaba123: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2023
Thank you very much. I am actually resident in the UK and planning my next steps

Ticha:

There are pathways open to skilled professionals. The skilled migrant pathway is open for those who have jobs/sponsorships - it has a points requirement for selection and they have gradually upped the points. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/preparing-a-visa-application/living-in-new-zealand-permanently/new-zealand-skilled-residence-pathways

It is historically very difficult to get a job in NZ from Nigeria (including almost all developing countries apart from India and SA) but with the severe skills shortage, who knows?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by damble: 7:17am On Jun 22, 2023
Ticha:

I usually see a lot of job opportunities in my career field but the issue is that they are ONSITE INTERVIEWS. Is it possible if I can travel on a visit Visa, attend interviews and if successful, travel back to Nigeria while the company that wants to employ me assist to getting work Visa and travel back with it?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 7:34am On Jun 22, 2023
damble:
I usually see a lot of job opportunities in my career field but the issue is that they are ONSITE INTERVIEWS. Is it possible if I can travel on a visit Visa, attend interviews and if successful, travel back to Nigeria while the company that wants to employ me assist to getting work Visa and travel back with it?

No idea how feasible that is. Visa and transport are very very expensive - have you looked at the costs? And it takes an average of 10-16 weeks to get a visit visa from Nigeria. No employer is going to realistically wait for that long to interview you. INZ will also not issue you a visit visa to come attend interviews.

You won't know how feasible it is till you try so go for it!
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by damble: 7:52am On Jun 22, 2023
Ticha:

No idea how feasible that is. Visa and transport are very very expensive - have you looked at the costs? And it takes an average of 10-16 weeks to get a visit visa from Nigeria. No employer is going to realistically wait for that long to interview you. INZ will also not issue you a visit visa to come attend interviews.

You won't know how feasible it is till you try so go for it!
Thanks for your response
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by ednut1(m): 10:35am On Jun 22, 2023
damble:
Thanks for your response
they have working holiday visa for citizens of these countries. They can come in with this visa start work next day if they see one. Unfortunately Nigeria is not there. And like Ticha said they wont give you visit visa to come look for work or attend interviews.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by damble: 11:46am On Jun 22, 2023
ednut1:
they have working holiday visa for citizens of these countries. They can come in with this visa start work next day if they see one. Unfortunately Nigeria is not there. And like Ticha said they wont give you visit visa to come look for work or attend interviews.
Being a nigerian has so many disadvantages ooo. No nice country son of man can easily migrate to as a Nigerian. It is pathetic
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by ednut1(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2023
damble:
Being a nigerian has so many disadvantages ooo. No nice country son of man can easily migrate to as a Nigerian. It is pathetic
seeing what some Nigerians did in china, malaysia, Singapore, thailand, UAE, italy, Cyprus, south Africa, Nairobi etc. can you blame them
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by damble: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2023
ednut1:
seeing what some Nigerians did in china, malaysia, Singapore, thailand, UAE, italy, Cyprus, south Africa, Nairobi etc. can you blame them
capital NO. The boys causing all the shits don't have any skill before traveling out of the country and believe they must make money by all means so they go back to the village to either oppress/compete/impress their people during yuletide to show off that they have arrived. They make it difficult for genuine people to travel. I blame the society at large for this
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Gerrard59(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
ednut1:

I recall some Nairalanders who said Nigeria is better off than Brazil and Chile. grin

Drunk modafvckers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by GraduatesGrant(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Good day, i have a question please.

From the checklist provided by INZ on their website, there's a list of documents they stated as means of evidence of having enough money ( for tuition and living expenses) for the first year.

As seen from the attached file, a 3 months statement of account is required. But the second is a certificate of fixed deposit that has been held for at least 6 months.
Can I use such certificate with fixed deposit equivalent to my POF and attach my bank statement of 6 months with good cash flow ? Because if I should deposit all lump cash into my account it may look suspicious. And I have a good cash flow from my personal account which double my business account.

Reason I'm asking, if I should deposit the POF in my account to wait for three months before my visa application, expenses will reduce what I've saved up, and I have until September 30th to vacate my current accommodation and getting a new accommodation in Lagos is now a luxury.

Please successful applicant and expert should enlighten me. I'm confused honestly.

Ps: I'm a prospective PhD visa applicant.

cc:Ticha

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2023
GraduatesGrant:

Can I use such certificate with fixed deposit equivalent to my POF and attach my bank statement of 6 months with good cash flow ? Because if I should deposit all lump cash into my account it may look suspicious. And I have a good cash flow from my personal account which double my business account.

Off the top of my head, I'd say yes you can as long as the fixed deposit is in your name and there is proof that the money is accessible to you once you need it - i.e. a letter from the bank detailing such and then adding your regular bank statements.

If in doubt, speak to the admissions team - all the universities have dedicated visa staff who can reach out to INZ and ask clarifying questions on your behalf.

Did you university ask you to provide proof of funds?? If yes, what did you provide to them as that would also work for INZ
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by GraduatesGrant(m): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ticha:

Off the top of my head, I'd say yes you cam as long as the fixed deposit is in your name and there is proof that the money is accessible to you once you need it - ie a letter from the bank detailing such and then adding your regular bank statements.

If in doubt, speak to rhe admissions team - all the universities have dedicated visa staff who can reach out to INZ and ask clarifying questions on your behalf.

Did you university ask you to provide proof of funds?? If yes, what did you provide to them as that would also work for INZ
Thank you for the response.
No, my university did not ask for proof of funds. I'll do as you've said.
Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by westbuoi(m): 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
Hi bro

Reading ur post.picked up quite a bit..I'm prospective applying for a PhD in New Zealand against next year..Just wanna ask what are the prospects of getting fully funded scholarships

I do have my MSc from the UK in supply chain Magt(merit) .Intend doing a research proposal on supply chain mgt .

Any tips of advice that will be helpful

Thanks

GraduatesGrant:
Good day, i have a question please.

From the checklist provided by INZ on their website, there's a list of documents they stated as means of evidence of having enough money ( for tuition and living expenses) for the first year.

As seen from the attached file, a 3 months statement of account is required. But the second is a certificate of fixed deposit that has been held for at least 6 months.

Reason I'm asking, if I should deposit the POF in my account to wait for three months before my visa application, expenses will reduce what I've saved up, and I have until September 30th to vacate my current accommodation and getting a new accommodation in Lagos is now a luxury.

Please successful applicant and expert should enlighten me. I'm confused honestly.

Ps: I'm a prospective PhD visa applicant.

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by SolarEdge: 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
westbuoi:
Hi bro

Reading ur post.picked up quite a bit..I'm prospective applying for a PhD in New Zealand against next year..Just wanna ask what are the prospects of getting fully funded scholarships

I do have my MSc from the UK in supply chain Magt(merit) .Intend doing a research proposal on supply chain mgt .

Thanks

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by SolarEdge: 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
westbuoi:
Hi bro

Thanks

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ardekoyah: 6:39am On Aug 07, 2023
Hello Guys! I need your help, i just got an admission into INZ, and i am to fly and be in INZ in 3 days times, I need anyone in INZ who can help me with accommodation at Nelson, INZ. Any student in Nelson, Newzealand that can be of help
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by aodis: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2023
How long does it take to get admission from university of otago?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Rhoda95: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
Good day,
Please can someone who wants to study an undergraduate program travel with dependants to NZ?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Rhoda95:
Good day,
Please can someone who wants to study an undergraduate program travel with dependants to NZ?

No. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/assist-migrants-and-students/assist-students/student-visa-info
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by aodis: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2023
Sometimes when pple ask questions it’s because they don’t know . I have asked how long does it take to get admission to Waikato and otago?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Icesnow(f): 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2023
Ticha:

Can you take Mr through healthcare visa pls? Thanks
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Icesnow(f): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2023
Gerrard59:

I recall some Nairalanders who said Nigeria is better off than Brazil and Chile. grin

Drunk modafvckers!
hahahaha.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by ab4m: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Hi Room,

Please who have idea of the New Zealand medical, am doing for students visa. I have booked an appointment and they sent me the requirements and different prices for the General Certificate, limited certificate, supplementary certificate and x-ray-only certificate.

I have called their office several times and no response. Please which of the certificates do I need, please?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by peze: 12:09am On Sep 07, 2023
If your study is more than 1 year period, you will be required to get the General Medical Certificate.
ab4m:
Hi Room,

Please who have idea of the New Zealand medical, am doing for students visa. I have booked an appointment and they sent me the requirements and different prices for the General Certificate, limited certificate, supplementary certificate and x-ray-only certificate.

I have called their office several times and no response. Please which of the certificates do I need, please?

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by ab4m: 4:54am On Sep 12, 2023
Hello,

Please does anyone know if there is Naija community in Otago?

For those already in NZ studying PhD, how will you rate employment there generally and possibility of combining PhD with fulltime or part-time employment?

I am starting my PhD Finance 1 November self funded, hence the need for this information before departing Naija to enable me plan well.

Thank you.
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 9:05am On Sep 13, 2023
ab4m:
Hello,

Please does anyone know if there is Naija community in Otago?

For those already in NZ studying PhD, how will you rate employment there generally and possibility of combining PhD with fulltime or part-time employment?

I am starting my PhD Finance 1 November self funded, hence the need for this information before departing Naija to enable me plan well.

Thank you.

There's a small Nigerian community in majority of the big cities. Ask the pastoral care support staff at Otago to put you in touch with existing African students there before you come

1 Like

Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Yashita: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2023
I think i can help,getting Newzealand PR is by studies.but there tuition are expensive.the best way is to apply for vocational programe,with this u will get an aceptance letter and apply for visa.vocational tuition ranges from 2000 dollars and above,its affordable to pay.since it cheapest,and u will later apply to a university if u wish,mind you with PR,your tuition will be cheaper.my Uncle is there and currently schooling in Aoraki polytechnic,he operates an restorant.hes married to a korean.well,thats wat he did.mind you,NEWZEALAND visa is easy,but full of stress.ask any questions,am here to reply.

Hello all,

please I need guidance. Who has successfully applied for vocational programs in a New Zealand school and gotten job/PR afterwards?
Re: General New Zealand Student Enquires by Ticha: 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2023
Yashita:

Hello all,

please I need guidance. Who has successfully applied for vocational programs in a New Zealand school and gotten job/PR afterwards?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas should be your starting point. It also takes a minimum of 4 years to get PR unless your job is on the green list. Check what level of study entitles you to a post study visa before you jump

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.