Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,974 members, 7,956,645 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? (1428 Views)

Mums: Would You Consider An Epidural? / Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? / Hospitals That Render Epidural Service In Lagos Island Axis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by Honiepie24: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hi peepz i beliv this isnt a strange question,it pops up very often.conception is no doubt a wonderful experience,not counting the highs and lows of the days,weeks nd mnths b4 the due date.its obvious a most mums/mums to be experience mixed feelings and anxiety as many dnt knw wat to expect behind labour room closed doors.we ve heard lots of scary stories of extreme excrutiating pain,long hours of labour,minnor to major cuts and sometimes possible death during labour/child birth.belive me i shiver each time i remember its a path every lady must or rather prays to toll sometime in ones life.Now theres an option,a technology and science backed procedure,which claims yu cud hv yur baby naturally,awake and conscious without an atom of pain.its called epidural child birth(procedure)in this procedure you are given an anaesthetic injection somewhere in the spine and your lower body(abdomen included)goes numb,you remain awake nd conscious but without pain while the doctors manipulate the delivery normally through the birth canal.This procedure isnt new as many couples within and outside the country have successfully had their babies through this procedure.The question is would you prefer the natural painful child delivery or the epidural completely painless delivery for yourself or a loved one.Thank you,lets interract,exchange opinion and learn.
Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
Having an epidural has its risks considering the fact that the injection is administered in the spinal region, and a lot of women complained about backpain and all, however I would take epidural over natural birth. Pain is not fun at all.
Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by Honiepie24: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
@honey hi,did yu say bk ache?wow,hv u heard anyone complain after d procedure?d fact is everyone is seekin 4 a short cut to boy cut d extreme pain of labour.and i fink technology is givin us serious hope in dat regard,once d baby arrives safely,healthy nd alive,and mum is ok too then its worth trin,4 me ooo,haha
Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
Mine was very smooth, ThankGod for epidural, I never waited until labour, I was past my due date so I booked a date for childbirth and voila! My baby arrived. I felt little pain the next day but not something serious.

I choose epidural all over again, even if it means me using my last money smiley

1 Like

Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by Honiepie24: 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
AWESOME! my eyes are poping atleaste i ve found someone with first hand info.pls tell us ur experience,from start to finish,how long ago was it?hows d baby and yurself after d procedure,where did yu do it nd cost,plzzzz.am xcited,i seriously hate pain.
Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Honiepie24: AWESOME! my eyes are poping atleaste i ve found someone with first hand info.pls tell us ur experience,from start to finish,how long ago was it?hows d baby and yurself after d procedure,where did yu do it nd cost,plzzzz.am xcited,i seriously hate pain.

Don't like typing too much embarassed embarassed but I will try..

It was early this yr, I don't know how much they charge in Naija but I paid 250 euro in France. It was like a drip, through my back or spinal cord, just felt something like a needle prick,,,that was the last pain I had until after delivery.

Like I said, I was 2 days past my date and couldn't endure any longer ( plus one stretch mark wan begin grow for the belly lipsrsealed) so I asked to be delivered of the baby the next day, got an appointment, came to the hospital by 7 am, got induced and the journey of waiting for my dilation began. Through out the waiting period, I was actually playing poker with hubby....we started by 8 am and I gave birth by 10 pm. 14 hrs of pain free labour.

During childbirth I was cut a little for baby to come out, I didn't even realize, just that the doctor told me he was gonna do it and needed my permission.

After the baby cane out and placed on my chest, they cleaned me up and to be honest, I felt no pain, my lower waist was numb. But I could move it though.

Anyway, the next day I started feeling the pain of the stitches but wasn't too severe.

Baby and I are doing great. cheesy

I would advise, if you can afford it,,.get an epidural

Even if it means getting a loan. Didn't experience horrific labor pains and never plan to.

Am looking forward to not experiencing morning sickness, if I get a solution to that, all my prayers have been answered.
Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by Honiepie24: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
Oh my God! I cant close my mouth,its jus wide open,holly molly,jeez i will rub a b.nk if i hv to jus to skip d pain aspect.congrats sweetheart so happy 4 yu,am currently in uk,wil b in nija in a mnth plus.i ve investigated dis procedure here and its kind of promising.yu mean dere waz no form of pain @ all durin dialation(labour)gush this is tailored 4 me.now am ready 4 bfp,hope i dnt lose yu b4 den,i need as much support as possible.i seriously look 4ward to it,d spinal cord drip,waz it painful,did dey insert jus d needle or d whole cartether was pushed into ur spine,and was d drip on truout d procedure?
Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by tpia6: 4:57am On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Wld U Opt 4 Painless Epidural Delivery Or Normal Painful Delivery? by gocare: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
Please biko, what happened to this thread , I just need to know, does Lagos island maternity hospital give epidural? Pleaseeeeeee

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't We Run Fast In Our Dreams? / Please Save My Future! How Can I Make Kids?? / 6 Natural Ways To Boost Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.