Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor (23584 Views)

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) / Hardened Criminal Turned Pastor. Must Read / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by extraflyfineboy(m): 6:28am On Aug 25, 2013
They tied the blind folded thieves that were about to be executed. Then I was signaled to come and pray for them before the firing squad would execute them. I walked to the first man and said “in your final hour of life, I beg you my friend to accept God so that as you leave this temporal world, you would live eternally with the father in heaven”. He raised his head, looked at me, hissed and bowed his head. I prayed for him and moved to the second man.

After I finished praying for them, I moved aside, still not able to look then I heard 6 gun shots; 2 bullets for each man. I tried to hide the tears forming in my eyes but the memory kept flooding in. less than a year ago I was sentenced to death like these men. That I am alive today is because God has plans for me.

As an orphan I had always been a street boy who lived the ghetto life to the fullest. I think it started one night when we snatched a woman’s bag and after sharing the money, kunle our leader took the blackberry phone and began to use. After a few weeks the woman was able to trace and apprehend Kunle. He started taking the police to our homes and hide out so most of us that were not caught fled the town and that was how I relocated to Ibadan.

I was used to the hard street life, so it was not hard for me to find and blend into another group only that these people were more hardened than my previous group. In my first robbery with them, I was given an axe and told to stay outside. After about 30 minutes, a man ran out of the building shouting “thief! Thief!” and I didn’t hesitate to land the weight of the axe on his head.

After the operation I was fully welcomed into the brotherhood as they were impressed with my action. I followed the gang to many operation and the group and we did not only rob homes but also raided travellers on high ways.

I remember one of our bloody operations where we dressed in military uniforms and waved down on a luxurious bus at night. When the driver came close and noticed we were robbers, he mad to reverse so we opened fire on them and killed over 16people in the bus and looted them.

Not every operation went smooth of course. There was a time we got information about a man travelling to Kano with about N2.5million. We waited for him on the route he would take as we knew his full description but never knew he was travelling with protection because as we stopped his car, a man opened fire on us and killed 3 of our gang members as we fled.

We went for many operations, too numerous to list and I don’t know which of them made the state police furious that one Saturday morning while we were still sleeping, a joint task force surrounded and arrested all of us.

I was remanded in prison for 6years as an inmate awaiting trial and when judgment finally came I was quite shocked when I was sentenced to death.

Those 6years in prison I had become a changed man. I begged God to forgive me and give me a second chance. Before I joined my street gag I was a welder and I promised God to go back to welding if he delivered me from death yet I was sentenced.

Just like the man I prayed for I and 7 others were tied to a tree and shot. To me, I was dead because I felt the pain of the bullet before I blacked out. But I was told that when they took our body to the hospital so medical students could use our body to practice, it was discovered that I was not yet dead so they administered treatment on me till I became well.

I was still on the hospital bed when a priest came to me and said “your life was spared so that you would bring more people into God’s kingdom. When you recover, you have to come with me so you will do the will of God”. I eagerly agreed. It was no coincidence that I was still alive; it truly was for a purpose.

3months ago I was ordained a priest and my spirituality continue to grow. God has given me a second chance, and I will use it only to his glory.

http://www.umehoma.com/2013/08/short-story-story-of-thief-and-robber.html#more

6 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Dzany(m): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2013
they are the same profesion.....one is armed and vicious.........the other is usually calm and eloquent.

20 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by mhozzis(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2013
Ones a theif, always a thief
#Don't try to quote or correct me

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by djkaneo(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2013
I don forget wetin I bin wan say...........

ok.....I don remember.....he has graduated from small time thief to big time thief.

8 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by charles0922(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2013
good move
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by ocheejemb: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2013
Cool story bro
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by indrija: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2013
grace and mercy.always abundant.just join your heart in unity with the lord

1 Like

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2013
praise the Lord..

1 Like

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by 4reigningqueen: 11:46am On Aug 25, 2013
@op, your story has big holes.
The only thing you felt after the gunshot was just pain and you blacked out.describe that more if you want us to believe you.

They took you to a teaching hospital,found out you were alive and nobody reported.well,try harder next time.

13 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by ebamma3: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2013
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2013
Once lost bt nao found.
Someone should give me this animal's real name and address. I will be extremely honoured to put a bullet through his skull. Bloody bàstard. So because you changed from one form of robbery to another, you think your atrocities are automatically forgiven? I bet your victims (or their families, for those you killed) would not agree.

Imagine the audacity sef. Someone needs to soak him with fuel and light a match-stick. Nonsense.

4 Likes

mhozzis: Ones a theif, always a thief
#Don't try to quote or correct me

1 Like

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Aug 25, 2013

As an orphan I had always been a street boy who lived the ghetto life to the fullest. I think it started one night when we snatched a woman’s bag and after sharing the money, kunle our leader took the blackberry phone and began to use. After a few weeks the woman was able to trace and apprehend Kunle. He started taking the police to our homes and hide out so most of us that were not caught fled the town and that was how I relocated to Ibadan.

I'm not doubting this man's story as there are similar stories that i've heard but i think it's imperative that i highlight something that does not add up.

Pls, when did we start using blackberry phones in Nigeria cos it seems this guy was referring to his childhood or teenage-hood and even if he wasn't. I was able to infer that he stayed 6 years in prison way after they had stolen a blackberry phone and gone into hardcore robbery. I may be wrong though.

38 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should give me this animal's real name and address. I will be extremely honoured to put a bullet through his skull. Bloody bàstard. So because you changed from one form of robbery to another, you think your atrocities are automatically forgiven? I bet your victims (or their families, for those you killed) would not agree.

Imagine the audacity sef. Someone needs to soak him with fuel and light a match-stick.

Na grace o.. Just repeat after me 'Jesus, I accept you into my heart'.. that's all my brother.. Salvation is free and cheap and easy.. like ashawo..
pro01: Someone should give me this animal's real name and address. I will be extremely honoured to put a bullet through his skull. Bloody bàstard. So because you changed from one form of robbery to another, you think your atrocities are automatically forgiven? I bet your victims (or their families, for those you killed) would not agree.

Imagine the audacity sef. Someone needs to soak him with fuel and light a match-stick.

You dey talk truth but bros, no vex grin grin grin grin

E be like say the guy don rob you before grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by TariEnoch(m): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2013
Thank God for him..
Logicboy03:

You dey talk truth but bros, no vex grin grin grin grin

E be like say the guy don rob you before grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2013
turn to God nd he will never turn is face away frm you, no mata wat ur sin is. God loves d sinner but hate d sin. Thank God 4 u.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by planetuzor(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2013
Very touching!!!!
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by nora544: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2013
When you have no business in nigeria than go in church business and you will have much money

because he can now steal, and nothing will happen to him.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2013
djkaneo: I don forget wetin I bin wan say...........

ok.....I don remember.....he has graduated from small time thief to big time thief.
may God have mercy on you.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Standing5(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2013
Ok we don hear, but don't start basking on your old glory as gangster. . . . Many people do it these days. They want the fearsome rep they acquire in the underworld to translate into respect in the church.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Linoversace: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2013
I was once a thief,now look at me!
It's the Lord's doing...someone shout Hallelluyahhhh...

Line is becoming boring!
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by pappilo(m): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2013
Fake story. How did the they track him on a Blackberry 10 years ago?

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by dedons: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2013
This is just the begining...

WATCHOUT for part 2!!!
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 25, 2013
From illegal thief to legal thief grin
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 25, 2013
he was a nairalander
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by dedons: 11:55am On Aug 25, 2013
flexten: may God have mercy on you.
you too
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Clerverly: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2013
Woe betide anybody that goes near your church! Fraudster!!!
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2013
Thanks to the most high God..he trully exist...our youth today are turning gradually to ethiest.....thy dont believe in God and always quick to rain abuses on pastors .....soo bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / What Is The Weirdest Testimony You Heard This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.