Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:28 AM

Dean koontz, Stephen King - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dean koontz, Stephen King (2726 Views)

Stephen Covey, "7 Habits" Author, Dies At 79 / Who Is More Of A Sadist: Dean Koontz Or John Saul / Dean Koontz Fans: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dean koontz, Stephen King by kellorah: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2005
wink
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by hotangel2(f): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2005
Seen some stephen kings with my friend. She seems to like it. Personally, i don't do so many books.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by WesleyanA(f): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2005
aren't stephen king's books hugh and thick ? i really don't read volumnious books except if they're classics of course.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by kellorah: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2005
wes, they r ...and dats y i like dem cheesy
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by WesleyanA(f): 6:35am On Sep 05, 2005
when i was in 8th grade, my history teacher used to talk about the book a lot so i though it was going to boring (he and his class is boring. hehe). . . . i'm still not going to read his books.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by kodewrita(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2005
please when next you walk into a bookstore pick books written by those two authors. Books like Carrie, The Shining, Dark Tower or Gerald's Game, Dolores Claiborne, by stephen king

or The Watchers etc by dean koontz are best read when nepa strikes at night. read by the light of a flourescent lamp while you are hearing crickets or night insects, i assure you they will make you scared of closing your eyes.

One of the most scary ones i read was Desperation where a family was stranded on a forgotten highway in the agricultural belt in the US and they confront spiritual forces. Just read them. you will be scared but hooked.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by WesleyanA(f): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2005
if i was going to read any horror books, it's going to in the morning or early afternoon outside where i'm sure no one's going to turn into a monster.
my teacher made me hate stephen kings books i didn't like him so i figured i would hate what he reads.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by Farriel(m): 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2005
Man, are you missing. Stephen King's one of the best writers out there.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by delarontus(f): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2005
I love Dean Koontz and Stephen King, Presently have a hard back copy of 'Insomnia' i'm about to start. The first time i tried Koontz, it was 'the bad place' and i freaked out because it was so nice. I've been an addict ever since. Please remind me of the other titles i'll like to relive the memories.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by jenny247(f): 3:10am On Oct 26, 2005
i,m a big big fan of stephen kings, only problem is i find his books difficult to come by... sad
the last one i read was dolores clairborne.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by jenny247(f): 3:13am On Oct 26, 2005
he writes horror, but with style wink
he's cool cool
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by razor(m): 7:56am On Oct 28, 2005
Both are great writers but l favour Dean Kootz
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by kellorah: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2005
i had to sit down stairs last wk and watch MISERY (based on stephen king's bk). it wasn's dat scary but omg...the suspence awww i really felt sorry the guy in d film.
if u cnt get hold of stephen king books, try watching the films.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by jerky1805: 7:06am On Nov 20, 2005
dean koontz best ever should be 'odd thomas' . the storytelling wuz a new style first person view
an mr king's best should be 'the stand'. yeah yeah, a very big book to read but i assure u won't drop it.
also d gunslingers series too take the cookie out of the jar!!!

1 Like

Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by jerky1805: 7:10am On Nov 20, 2005
omigosh forgot to mention 'the perfect storm' what a book!!!!!
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by oggie(m): 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2006
U r my kinda girl! just love those guys!
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by slowmo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2006
stephen King's novels are really good. i luv reading thrillers. And he knows how to keep you in suspense!!. He's really the KING shocked
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by vandyke: 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2006
Hold up. Who dares compare Koontz with King. Koontz is watered down King, man! At least I think so. Im a fan of King obviously and I recommend all newbies to start with the early books, e.g. Thinner, The shining, Firestarter and Salem's Lot. His writing was purer then. Lately I think he's gotten a bit of a swelled head.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by Zahymaka(m): 4:47am On Mar 30, 2006
I prefer Koontz. King tries to mix shock and some depraved things. He only succeeds in disgusting me. Dean Koontz on the other hand, can make you believe in almost anything -- I know what I'm saying. I've read lots of books by King and I've also read lots by Koontz. Koontz remains my favorite.

2 Likes

Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by Gamine(f): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2006
Stephen king is impossible hes just so good, hes ability to turn a simple accident into a gory thing is amazing hes just so good, Dean Koontz havnt read lots of him but i guess hes got a criminal mind too
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by kellorah: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2006
i'm readin anoda stephen king one, the green mile, i'm luvn it!
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by Zahymaka(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2006
The only scary book by Stephen King I ever read was[b] The Dark Half[/b] -- and the only place that scared m was the operation on Thomas head when he was born and the scooping out of the eyes, finger and nose from the brain. All the others were good books but they failed to scare me.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by kellorah: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2006
read it, watched it. twas very gd, but impossiCANT lol, twin in ya head
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by Amakah(f): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2006
I'm readin a Dean Koontz twilight eyes,its cool and i dont think it's frightening. I have a stephen king but i cant bring myself to read.i feel it would be boring but i'll try again so i can contribute.
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by molluma(f): 3:28pm On May 26, 2006
dean koontnz is my man. has any one read door to december then there is house of thunder.the guy rocks and has a way of putting u on edge and having you wonder what exactly is happenin.did i mention intensity its really intense then there is whispers, oh my dont get me started.

1 Like

Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by kellorah: 12:19am On May 27, 2006
yeah, their books r gr8. when u pick 'em up, u jst dnt want to put 'em down. u cnt skip a line not to talk of skippin a page or else, u'll miss out on something. wink they're jst too much
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by TOYOSI20(f): 1:32am On Jan 02, 2009
Stephen King does it for me. . . .i love the suspense shocked shocked
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by jeythunder(m): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2009
i happen to like sorry, love Dean koontz books but i'm not so friendly with stephen kings'
Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by MadMax1(f): 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2009
A serious fan of both writers. Love Intensity, Dragon Tears, From the Corner of His Eye, Cold Fire, Hideaway,Odd Thomas from Koontz. The Stand and The Dark Tower Series from King. The Dark Tower series is incredible, especially the fourth book, Wizard and Glass where he takes us back into Roland's dark, young past.

1 Like

Re: Dean koontz, Stephen King by vescucci(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2009
I assume the thread intends for us to compare the two authors. I'm a tremedendously fan of both. I think the percentage of Dean koontz books that are likely to blow you away are higher than Stephen King's though king will blow you away further. What I mean is this: Say you pick 20 of both authors books. You'll really like like 15 of Koontz and only 9 of King's. But out of the 9 Kings you like, you'll pick 4 that'll better the whole 15 koontz wrote. Damn, I hope I made sense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The New Toyi Toyi / A Strange Man In A Strange Place Eating Strange Foods. / Naughty Wife’s Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.