Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,918 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On (6435 Views)

FRSC Hilux Without Brake Lights, Who Will Make The Arrest? (Picture) / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means / Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by Awakulowo: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2013
I bought it brand new last week. Pls what should i do?
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by elektra80: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2013
Awakulowo: I bought it brand new last week. Pls what should i do?

it means there's a problem with your braking system. Might be a bad wheel sensor. Ur antilock break system would not work with that light on. Since u bought it brand new, take it back to the dealership to fix it, u are still on warranty.
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by Awakulowo: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2013
Thanks, i bought it in Lagos but i am using it in PHC. I Will call them if i can take it to their office in PHC.
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by Henrypraise: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mine has bin on for almost a year, I have 2 hilux amongst d fleet dat I manage n both of dem av bin on for almost a year;I av changed everytin changeable, pls enlighten me more on dis Antilock Brake System.
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by cardoctor(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
Simple. Carry out a scan of your abs system and that should point you to what is wrong.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by elektra80: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
Henry praise: Mine has bin on for almost a year, I have 2 hilux amongst d fleet dat I manage n both of dem av bin on for almost a year;I av changed everytin changeable, pls enlighten me more on dis Antilock Brake System.

Antilock Braking System (ABS) is a technology that prevents the wheels from getting locked in case of emergency braking. With ABS there's no need to pump the brake pedal, all u need do is press the brake hard and the computer will do the rest. This way u still have control over the vehicle and u can still swerve with ease because the wheels are not locked.

Without ABS, at high speed and need for emergency brake, the wheels will get locked when the brake is pressed hard thereby making the driver lose control over the vehicle. Once wheels are locked, there's no way to control the vehicle, this leads to accidents. Many cars on Nigeria roads have this ABS light on and they are ignored because most mechanics don't even understand what it is. Pls watch the videos attached and have a better understanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5KDvXbE3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKiTAcXK6M4
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
[b][/b]
elektra80:

Antilock Braking System (ABS) is a technology that prevents the wheels from getting locked in case of emergency braking. With ABS there's no need to pump the brake pedal, all u need do is press the brake hard and the computer will do the rest. This way u still have control over the vehicle and u can still swerve with ease because the wheels are not locked.

Without ABS, at high speed and need for emergency brake, the wheels will get locked when the brake is pressed hard thereby making the driver lose control over the vehicle. Once wheels are locked, there's no way to control the vehicle, this leads to accidents. Many cars on Nigeria roads have this ABS light on and they are ignored because most mechanics don't even understand what it is. Pls watch the videos attached and have a better understanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5KDvXbE3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKiTAcXK6M4

when you say pump do you mean to trying to do as the abs does or pumpimg becoz there is an air pocket ?

the jobs of the abs system is to lock and release so many time within seconds to prevent the car to lock in one direction
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by nissparts(m): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
If you bought a brand new vehicle a week ago, you should not be on Nairaland asking for help with a problem.
Since they have an office in PH, it is not for you to ask if you can take it there, it is your right to demand it.
Abi na half price you pay? smiley
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by Awakulowo: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
nissparts: If you bought a brand new vehicle a week ago, you should not be on Nairaland asking for help with a problem.
Since they have an office in PH, it is not for you to ask if you can take it there, it is your right to demand it.
Abi na half price you pay? smiley
lol, thanks
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by elektra80: 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
ZIM DRILL: [b][/b]

when you say pump do you mean to trying to do as the abs does or pumpimg becoz there is an air pocket ?

the jobs of the abs system is to lock and release so many time within seconds to prevent the car to lock in one direction

@zim drill, I believe u understand how abs works as I've been following ur thread. When I say pump I mean pressing the brake and releasing it several times in case of emergency braking to prevent the wheels from getting locked. No human being can press and release the brake many times within seconds, that is where abs comes in place. In pre abs era, drivers are taught to pump their brakes in case of emergency to prevent wheels from locking. But since the invention of abs, in case of emergency braking, drivers are advices to press the brake hard and keep their legs on the brake while controlling the car and let abs do its job. If a car does not have abs, or faulty abs, during emergency braking, even if the brake is pumped the wheels will still get locked depending on the speed the car is moving.
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by Awakulowo: 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
Thanks all, i have fixed it.
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by jeak123(m): 8:19am On May 18, 2016
Would it be ok for the ABS light in a Toyota Camry to be on always? I have asked and they say it is usual with Camry car. Please what do you think?
Re: Toyota Hilux 2013: ABS Light On by Nobody: 9:08am On May 18, 2016
jeak123:
Would it be ok for the ABS light in a Toyota Camry to be on always? I have asked and they say it is usual with Camry car. Please what do you think?

It's not normal to have a warning lamp illuminated in any car. That's why it's called a warning lamp.

Don't you read your Owner's Manual? And who are they?

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed Should I Go For This Car? / 10 Cars You Should Never Own / Abuja-Calabar (8/2/16) and Calabar-Abuja(10/2/16) Trip Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.