Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Foundation & Concealer The Most Misunderstood Products In A Woman's Make Up Bag! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Foundation & Concealer The Most Misunderstood Products In A Woman's Make Up Bag! (1921 Views)

Can I Use Black Opal Concealer,mary Kay Foundation,& Iman Loose Powder Together? / Looking For A Good Concealer! Help! / What Is the Best Concealer for hiding Stretch Marks And Scars?its Urgent Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foundation & Concealer The Most Misunderstood Products In A Woman's Make Up Bag! by OceaneKhadija80: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
Many women are guilty of this , foundation stains all over the place , phone, on paper work on your mans shirt and I am ashamed to say many still go to bed with a face full of make up so it will be foundation all over the pillow case why ladies?
Why are many black women afraid of using primers and no you do not always have to apply foundation to your whole face that is such a common myth. Many of us feel that if we use a foundation we have to apply foundation that is a few shades lighter than us then that means we have nailed it , not quite my sisters. Foundation is meant to enhance not cover up if your skin has break puts often or you have acne scars then a concealer with a full coverage foundation should help but unfortunately not all the time .
We need to prime the skin before applying any concealer, foundation or make up .
1) Wash your hands yes , I know but how many of us actually do this?
2) cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin -an oil free moisturiser or any light weight lotion that is not paraffin based especially if you have oily skin.
3) Prime the skin -a skin primer does not have to cost the earth but what it does is, create a smooth base to enable make up to sit flawlessly -use finger tips to apply all over face except eye lids
4)Apply your eye make up ie eye shadow especially if you are using high dark pigment eye shadow I will explain why if anyone wishes to know .
5) wipe of or dust off any eye shadow under eye re-apply primer under eye if you wiped under eye with a damp wipe
6) apply concealer under eye area as well as over any dark blemishes you might want to cover but do not apply to the whole face
7)Apply foundation ( powder, mineral , liquid or solid ) using a sponge if you are relatively blemish free then focus on your T-Zone and never apply foundation on your neck. End just below the jaw line
coolBlend in very gently with a brush . You should not see the foundation if you can its the wrong shade undecided
9)Apply setting powder - translucent powder that sets your foundation . This is a white powder that blends in and sets your foundation stopping it from transferring everywhere and in to anything. Wait 6-8 mins
10) Apply rouge if that's your thing , mascara and lipstick
11) Through out the day dust shiny areas with a little of the translucent powder it tends to be the nose and forehead . Ladies you only need a little of the translucent powder.
Finally : give the powder enough time to set and use a little as it does go along way. If you have flawless skin a little concealer under the eyes followed by the translucent powder and you are done!

(1) (Reply)

Face of Apple Cosmetics Contest / Do You Run A Fashion Business? Get An Affordable Online Store To Display Product / Hair Cut Ft Rick Ross (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.