Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ (682 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ by nenergy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
Happy Sunday to you all! This post is not unconnected to the recent COZA-Gate scandal rocking the body of Christ. I am not here to judge or point my index finger at anyone, hence the purpose of the thread is to point out the “What will Jesus do” as it relates to Spiritual leadership and female ‘followers’. Jesus is the Icon for all modern day spiritual leaders, so Pastors really need to start emulating Christ. How? Well….
• Jesus didn’t have a female in his main ‘circle’. Women as ‘pastoral carers’ only came into the picture when they reach town to rest. Errands like getting the donkey to be used for the triumphant entry was done by men.
• Jesus didn't meet women alone. He met with a woman at the well (a public place), not at ‘Hotel de Nazareth’. A woman washed and clean Jesus’ feet with her hair- in public.
• Jesus knew the reality of the ‘Tempter and his temptations’ and was ever ready rebuke him. He did not ‘form’ as if he cannot be tempted or put himself in tempting situations.
I will end this post by quoting what Pastor Rick Warren coincidentally posted on his Facebook page just 3 days ago.

“3 causes pastors fall:
Personal worship dries up.
No boundaries-meets with women alone.
Pride-believed it couldn't happen”.
Re: intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ by Mintayo(m): 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
Intimate relationship is one of d tools d devil is using against Men of God this days...look at d rate of divorce among men of God in America and other western world.
And i tell you,this is just the begining,we haven't seen anything yet...its shows that d end is near!
Christains should get closer to Jesus,study their Bible...it is only a CANAL CHRISTAIN that will fall for such tricks by any pastor!
And again,there r so many ladies that will do anything to be intimate with their pastor,even if it is once,and such ladies r ready made tools in d hand of the devil to made these men of God fall.
Satan is really attacking d church,cus he knows his time is up!
May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ by nenergy(m): 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mintayo:
And again,there r so many ladies that will do anything to be intimate with their pastor,even if it is once,and such ladies r ready made tools in d hand of the devil to made these men of God fall.
The quasi-super star reputation our pentecostal pastors have amongst their females members isn't helping either. Prayer!
Re: intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ by escavros: 12:00am On Aug 31, 2013
nenergy: Happy Sunday to you all! This post is not unconnected to the recent COZA-Gate scandal rocking the body of Christ. I am not here to judge or point my index finger at anyone, hence the purpose of the thread is to point out the “What will Jesus do” as it relates to Spiritual leadership and female ‘followers’. Jesus is the Icon for all modern day spiritual leaders, so Pastors really need to start emulating Christ. How? Well….
• Jesus didn’t have a female in his main ‘circle’. Women as ‘pastoral carers’ only came into the picture when they reach town to rest. Errands like getting the donkey to be used for the triumphant entry was done by men.
• Jesus didn't meet women alone. He met with a woman at the well (a public place), not at ‘Hotel de Nazareth’. A woman washed and clean Jesus’ feet with her hair- in public.
• Jesus knew the reality of the ‘Tempter and his temptations’ and was ever ready rebuke him. He did not ‘form’ as if he cannot be tempted or put himself in tempting situations.
I will end this post by quoting what Pastor Rick Warren coincidentally posted on his Facebook page just 3 days ago.

“3 causes pastors fall:
Personal worship dries up.
No boundaries-meets with women alone.
Pride-believed it couldn't happen”.

To add to your post sir, as born again Christians, if you have identified your area of weakness, I give one sure advise, pls don't try too hard to work on it, Please, FLEE from it!
It's better to look cowardly and foolish fleeing / avoiding that infuence, than to loose such a precious Hope.

Help us O Lord, forgive us and strengthen us for it is of you the shows mercy in Jesus holy name
Amen

1 Like

Re: intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2013
Another tool satan uses to deceive folks is to say after all grace is available.since Christ died for your sins..continue in it. Most pastors in Nigeria preach this gospel and use it as a license to sin.

Woe unto that gospel of grace that leads the converts to be captives of sin.

1 Like

Re: intimate Scandals In Churches: Pastors Really Need To Start Emulating Christ by nenergy(m): 6:20am On Sep 01, 2013
Bidam: Another tool satan uses to deceive folks is to say after all grace is available.since Christ died for your sins..continue in it. Most pastors in Nigeria preach this gospel and use it as a license to sin.

Woe unto that gospel of grace that leads the converts to be captives of sin.
Grace-wasters!

(1) (Reply)

Quotes From A Man Of God / Sacrilege: Robbers Invade Anambra Churches, Cart Away Valuables / Prayer To the Heavenly Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.