Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Fashion Victim Or Trend Setter? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Victim Or Trend Setter? (773 Views)

Beware: Skinny Jeans Hospitalize ‘fashion Victim’ For Four Days / Pouting - The New Photo Posing Trend / How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Victim Or Trend Setter? by OceaneKhadija80: 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
So how's many individuals buy something simply because they saw a celebrity wearing it or they saw it in some glossy magazine? I hear stories of people (women and men)who empty their bank accounts in order to buy a certain look because so and so was wearing something that they just had to have. I do not understand this personally as I have never seen the need to display labels if I look good I look good end off. Why do we believe that because it is expensive then it is beautiful and therefore it defines us? Where do designers get their inspirations from? The last fashion seasons have seen Africa or replicated in many trends that have already been fashionable and a huge price tab is attached. This is so when it comes to prints Africans now prints and we know colour there is no doubt of that.

Why is it better to be seen in Gucci instead of wares designed by Deloa Sagoe or Alphadi? Why are we so gullible? I was brought up to define my own style yes I look at what's on trend and make necessary adjustments according to my own personal taste, why is our own Africaness lost when it comes to fashion? It is possible to combine tradition with modern it is possible to set trends and have designers pay homage to the motherland as I am happy to say many do. So ladies and gentleman why do we shun African designers? Oswald Boatemg and Alphadi design exctional attaire but many opt for something else just because its the thing to do! Being trendy doesnt have to cost a fortune it's about style .taste and the ability to wear things that compliment each other. Let me hear your thoughts on this matter.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Confused About What Bra You Need? / Mr And Miss Style Nigeria / Photos:Rihanna Rocks African Print Kaftan As She Visits Barbados

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.