Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? (1752 Views)

Clown Contouring Makeup - The New Beauty Trend (pictures) / Fashion Victim Or Trend Setter? / Short Dress Has Become A Trend Now, What's Your Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by uzoo: 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
that's one reason why i like NYC,every one's got their personal style,which you might call a signature look,and before you know it, BAM ! the trend is everywhere.

i'm getting tired of my skinny jeans,jeggings ,leggings,cigarette jeans and whatever pair of pants that stick to your skin.
i've got this gorgeous wide leg pants (that cost me a lot of $$$ by the way) and i'm having trouble putting it together with out going over board.(especially for work)
its a navy blue high waist ,wide leg pants with gold button details by the side pockets.
tried it on with a white tank but it looked too casual. . then threw in a jacket and i looked bloated.
any ideas please? & also ,what type of shoes would be appropriate (wedges,stilletoes,flats. . .etc) ??

thanks y'all.
Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by ogeelove(f): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2011
seeing a picture of the pants will help a lot. how tall are you. i know for sure that wide leg pants are not for short people except you have a 6inch heel.
Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by kemmeye: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
i saw a picture and had to go get those pants and i use that picture as a guide pretty much so i just wear different colors of long sleeved shirts when i wear it hope i helped. smiley

Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by ogeelove(f): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
wear a boyfriend jacket with a camisole and top up with a long fancy necklace. remember that proportion matters. if u are small go for a petite size jacket. at 5.3" i always go for petite pants and jackets that way it does not swamp me. also if you are short wear with platforms. you can never go wrong with jessica simpson platforms. wear with a sleeveless chiffon shirt tucked in with a tiny nice belt for a sleeve and classic look and make sure your pant is not sweeping the floor, not a cool look. i have attached some pictures of shirts i think will go with your pants. cheers

Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by ogeelove(f): 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2011
i also wear my pants with this blouse for a modern look.

Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by uzoo: 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2011
kemmeye:

i saw a picture and had to go get those pants and i use that picture as a guide pretty much so i just wear different colors of long sleeved shirts when i wear it hope i helped. smiley

nice one,actually my pants looks exactly like that except mine is the same colour as the tiny belt in the picture.
i'll try it out with a white shirt and a tiny bronze leather belt.

thanks[quote author=ogeelove link=topic=763681 thanks!s the same colour as the tiny belt in the picture.
i'll try it out with a white shirt and a tiny bronze leather belt.

thanks[quote author=ogeelove link=topic=763681 thanks!
Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by uzoo: 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
kemmeye:

nice one,actually my pants looks exactly like that except  mine is the same colour as the tiny belt in the picture.
i'll try it out with a  white shirt and a tiny bronze leather belt.

thanks[quote author=ogeelove link=topic=763681 thanks!s the same colour as the tiny belt in the picture.
i'll try it out with a  white shirt and a tiny bronze leather belt.

thanks[quote author=ogeelove link=topic=763681 thanks!
Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by uzoo: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
thanks ogeelove

i tried it on with the sleeveless chiffon blouse tucked in with a belt. nice and great for work,just the look i was looking for.
Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by ogeelove(f): 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2011
@uzoo. u welcome anytime babe. i am not a stylist but u can email ogeelove@yahoo.co.uk anytime u need a styling tip. cheers.
Re: How Do You Become A Trend Setter With Out Looking Like A Clown? by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 22, 2011
simply get into the zone and get your swag up!

even if you were to wear a plunger on your head  tongue
with the right swag (which is basically the equivalent to showing self confidence by way of self expression  cool)
anything is possible!  grin

just ten years ago many guys - black men in particular - would have declared a man a 'fagg0t' for wearing 'straight/tight jeans, thick glasses frames (9 times out of 10 with NO lens  grin) , plaid shirts (blouses  tongue), fedora hats and/or snap back caps, thick azz wrist watches to compliment the billions of tattoos on both arms tongue and with vans/nike dunks/chuck taylor (knock off grin) shoes on'  tongue looking like a 'ghettofied skater boy'.  grin grin

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsKIB53MJvXyKDCax6i5HvNE3rJ4NZkvYBTEQOWLewUDoig8rn&t=1[/img]

but thanks to Pharrel ^^ and Lupe Fiasco (who were both copied by lil wayne and kid cudi - also pictured above  tongue) it's an international cancer fad, that is nearing it's 8th year of acceptance.  cheesy tongue

(1) (Reply)

Woman Disfigured After Silicon Injection To Face / See Victoria Secret's $10 Million "2013 Royal Fantasy Bra", (PHOTOS) / Ladies!!! Ignite Your Creativity- How To Make A Pixie Wig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.