Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please (3874 Views)

Help This Young Designer Win A Fashion Prize! / Please Help This Face / Every Young Lady Deserves A Young Durable And Beautiful Handbag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by MzDesire(f): 6:09am On Aug 27, 2013
She's a roomate and a childhood friend.
Her hair is really bad. She started making her hair since 2010 but it hasn't grown long and gets bald everyday cos it's always breaking. She tried so many products but it didn't help...Pls nairalanders what can she do cos she's really frustrated and fed up..
NOTE: She has never done braids/ghana weaving neither has she relaxed her...wat could be the cause of this and solution too..Thanks
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Pacify: 6:38am On Aug 27, 2013
Not everyone is born to have long or full hair. And in her case, I think she's genetically bald or so (no offense). What's wrong in her keeping a low cut, I kinda find it sexy

1 Like

Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Phranciz(m): 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pacify: Not everyone is born to have long or full hair. And in her case, I think she's genetically bald or so (no offense). What's wrong in her keeping a low cut, I kinda find it sexy

Seconded, she should try low cut @ first and give space for her natural hair to grow without applying chemicals except for hair growth cream
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by MzDesire(f): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
that's true tho....tanx. But for some reasons she dosen't like low cut...i think she's left with no choice now..
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by nenergy(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Most women are the cause of this. Making hair styles that damage their natural hair. Imagine using glue on your hair..Haba! Truth is all forms of "attachments" (hair, nails, lashes etc) damage the original. When once you start, you have to keep it up....forever!
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by didicold(f): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
First ,i must thank God for my head of hair, its not dat long but its full all round.
I cut my hair thruout last year coz it broke due to dye and beliv me its enjoyable,
first ,ur friend must make a commitment to having good hair and if she has to cut it to get dere, well do it
second u said she doeznt braid, but i bet she probably bonds weavons rite, d glue for weavon snatches some ppl bald, and dey end up with an "iya eko" look
third, she needs to go more with natural products for now(shea butter and coconut oil), and avoid relaxers and texturizers for at least 6months, and see d difference, den she will know how to proceed.
If i were her, i'd walk into a good barber shop, get a lowcut, if i am not comftable with it, get a wig to cover it for a month or two for some hair to grow in, then if she feels she cant do without chemicals, she can get a jerry curl,if its done right it can last for like four months, and i learnt it helps give hair more body with time.
I guess dats all,sorry for d epistle

2 Likes

Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by MzDesire(f): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
@didicold.....thanks
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by tjskii(f): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Let her try hairbooster,a lot of peopl swear it works realy well
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by ladygogo: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
She needs to first of all make sure its not a medical condition. Yes it could be.
Stop relaxing her hair.
Eat lots of veggies, fruits and drink lots of water.
Moisturize with water, conditioner, shampoo, protein treatment etc.

Hope it works for ya. smiley
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by MzDesire(f): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
tjskii: Let her try hairbooster,a lot of peopl swear it works realy well
it didnt work for her o...
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by MzDesire(f): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
lady gogo: She needs to first of all make sure its not a medical condition. Yes it could be.
Stop relaxing her hair.
Eat lots of veggies, fruits and drink lots of water.
Moisturize with water, conditioner, shampoo, protein treatment etc.

Hope it works for ya. smiley
thanks
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Destinygrl(f): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
i think first she should see a trichologist to cheek her scalp and if it turns out 2 b healthy, i suggest she use products tht contain peppermint,menthol or cayenne pepper bc d tingling effect wld stimulate follicles and hence hair growth
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
Although I offer no remedy, my advice is she try not to tie/pack her hair the way she has done in the photo. Her hair is weakest (and is breaking) in the places that packing hair will pull against.

I have heard scalp massaging can stimulate blood vessels and promote hair growth but it is only hearsay.

1 Like

Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Originalsly: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2013
No hair expert...but I would advise she check her parents hair. If either shows the same pattern....little or no growth in front...then she can conclude it is hereditary and there is absolutely nothing she can do about that.It seems that way to me. Like others suggested...she should have a low cut.Trying all sorts of chemicals would not work and can even make matters worse by not only damaging or stifling natural hair growth but also damaging the scalp.She should go natural...has a nice ehmmm...bullet head to look sexy! If her head was shapeless...I would have said get a wig...or two.
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Dimmatic(f): 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
She is indeed my twin sister, our hair is the same, mine is only long in the centre, the front and back are beyond explanation. I would advise her to cut it. I have low cut now and is very cute.
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by pri3stess(f): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
F
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by pri3stess(f): 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Maybe she should shave the sides to make a Mohawk, nobody will know that the hair on her sides is not growing. And while the sides are shaved, she should rub coconut or carrot oil on her scalp, those are the best oils for hair growth,

2 Likes

Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Sissie(f): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
She should concentrate more on the inside, eat fruits and vegetables, take multivitamins, there are multivitamins made with the essential supplements for hair and skin I.e wellwoman or perfectil.

Stop using chemical based products, and stick to natural products and use essential oils I.e morrocan argan oil, radish oil, coconut oil.

Does the hair grow and break, or it doesn't really grow at all, Like someone suggested she could be going bald.
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by Godmother(f): 3:10am On Sep 03, 2013
She should take the advice already given and go on lowcut for several months. Let the hair breath. If she's not comfortable with wigs she can get a good wig in the meantime. There are a lot of good fashionable wigs out there that she can rock

1 Like

Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by lepasharon(f): 6:51am On Sep 03, 2013
Damnnnnn..too much weaving and permin undecided..shave dat shiit off.. fuucck havin damaged hair on ur head. If i can do it you can do it.
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by mrshk(f): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2013
Hi,
I would suggest she uses Castor oil on her scalp, massaging the problem areas for about 5-10 mins daily. It would help if she starts implementing healthy hair care practices; moisturise daily with a water based moisturiser (try to avoid petrolatum, mineral oil) and seal in the moisture with a natural oil (olive, coconut, castor etc), shampoo (with a sulfate-free shampoo) weekly & deep condition at least once a week too. You mentioned she keeps her hair natural, it would be good to continue to avoid harsh chemicals until the problem is addresses.
I also second suggestions to check if it's a medical condition or caused by tension from weaving, you know most braided 'pick' all the hair at the edges for a smooth look which does not help at all. also, the Internet is full of (hair care) blogs and she should looks these up for more information.
I found this hairline challenge on a blog, guess this fits ur friends situation http://phrophro.com/hlc/
Hope this helps.
Re: Help This Young Lady's Hair, Please by queenesthr(f): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
She should use t444z hair food and Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Available online at konga.com/queenesther-s or call 08034708929

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Enjoy La Senza Lingerie Shopping Online In India / How Do I Advertise My Designs As A Fashion Designer?? The Stepping Stone / The Healing Body Butter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.